Quantcast FP+ Confusion

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FP+ Confusion

Post Thanks / Like

Default FP+ Confusion

So from what i understand about the new FP+ system Disney guests will be allowed to book 3 FP per day for one park.

What I don't understand is why Disney is adding more attractions onto the FP system, and the attractions they are adding are ones that have lines which typically move right along, such as Spaceship Earth at Epcot and the Great Movie Ride at HS.

It's going to be difficult enough as it is to try and decide which "high demand" attractions I should plan for ahead of time with a limited number of FP tickets, but know they are increasing the choices with attractions that have never been FP attractions
    April 2015 - CSR
    May 2013 CSR
    December 2011 Bay Lake Towers
    May 2009 off site
    November 2007 off site
    December 2004 off site
    October 2003 off site
    Feburary 2002 Poly
    December 2000 CBR
    October 1999 CSR
    October 1994 off site
    May 1990 off site
    May 1984 off site
    November 1979 off site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Because when they run out of "in-demand" fast passes they can give unsuspecting guests unneeded fast passes, and they think they are getting a value.

Post Thanks / Like

My 2 gripes with fp+ are, only 3 per day and only at 1 park. I have always used parkhopper this seems to discourage hopping. And while many times I don't use more then 3 in a day sometimes I do. So while this may end up being a good thing after all, I think Disney will have to work a few bugs out of the system.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bus Driver View Post
    I have always used parkhopper this seems to discourage hopping.
    And I was thinking just the opposite lol. When I can get the troops up and out in the morning we really don't find a need for FP but the afternoon park is usually more crowded. I had always thought it would nice to be able to get FP for the afternoon park while in another park. Uh oh, maybe FP+ is my fault.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

We used it during the test run.

Biggest complaint was that we had two rooms (2 ressies) and that we couldn't get our fastpasses to coordinate for all of us to get the same fastpass times.

Anyone know if this has been solved? Totally, stupid since the all of us want to ride together.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

At this point the whole thing is in test mode not final production mode. They are testing facets of the system and limiting the number of variables during testing. What the final system will be nobody knows yet, probably not even Disney until they see the results of the testing. It also seems that there is a lot of testing to go.

So, I wouldn't jump to conclusions of how it works, how many FPs you can get and so on until there is an announcement of the final system. It's a safe bet that what you are seeing now is not what it will be when the full production system goes into service.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Forgive me if this has been posted, but when would this new and final FP be put into place?
    Thanks!
    Susan A

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Susan A View Post
    Forgive me if this has been posted, but when would this new and final FP be put into place?
    Thanks!
    No one knows at this point. Disney has given no indication of the time frame for this. It's probably open ended which would be a good thing. I'd rather they keep testing and testing until they get it as perfect as they can.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresBestFriend View Post

Biggest complaint was that we had two rooms (2 ressies) and that we couldn't get our fastpasses to coordinate for all of us to get the same fastpass times.

Anyone know if this has been solved? Totally, stupid since the all of us want to ride together.
    Did you let them know of your problem? Since you're an official tester, they'll be listening to any dilemmas you had -- that's the reason for the testing. If you haven't already, please let them know that needs to be fixed.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

We have been watching the developments closely because we are active fp users. If it would be implemented as it is being tested now, we would likely visit park A in the morning and ride without fp while there are short or no lines and save our fp for park B for later in the day when we still want to ride and now the lines are longer.

My concern is that they would use a system like the old Year of a Million Dreams fastpasses where there was a Donald list of attractions and a Minnie list of attractions. Donald would be the A-list rides while Minnie was the other stuff. Of your 3 FP you are allowed, 2 could come from the Donald list and one would have to come from the Minnie list. I hope they don't micromanage our vacations to this extent!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! My head is spinning!
    Susan A

Post Thanks / Like

To be fair they have messed about with the original fastpass system. Haunted mansion used to be on it. Then it was taken away. Large capacity rides like that really don't need fastpass.

I don't tend to use them as I like talking to people in the queue and looking at some of the detail, especially on Everest etc. I still think that rides such as peter pan would have a smaller wait time if there was no fastpass. Or at least the queue would seem to move faster! :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresBestFriend View Post

Did you link all the person icons in your reservations together? I thought that was where you could pick how many in your traveling party wanted each FP+

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Did you let them know of your problem? Since you're an official tester, they'll be listening to any dilemmas you had -- that's the reason for the testing. If you haven't already, please let them know that needs to be fixed.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

My DH spoke to Disney yesterday regarding this. We got an invitation to try the new system. We were told that the 3 FP plus options were in addition to regular fast pass. And did not effect the traditional fast passes you get in the park. I hope the cast member was right.
    4/1985,10/1997,6/2000,7/2002-off site 7/2003-AS Music
    7/2005,2/2006,8/2007-POR
    2/08-AS Movies
    7/08,2/09,8/09,3/10-Pop Century
    11/10,8/11,8/12,11/12, 3/13,8/13 AS Sports
    Next trip???
    "It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

After reading all of these posts about the new FP system, I think I need a good stiff drink.
    And I don't drink!!!
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Opus X Guest

Here is an amazing idea.......why not wait until its completely out there for everyone and then lets have an opinion...cause now...nothing but rumours.
    I.E. i have heard...3per day value resort.
    4 per day mod and 5 for deluxe...

I'll save my opinion when i can actually use it.

Opus X Guest

Quote Originally Posted by alliekat View Post
    My DH spoke to Disney yesterday regarding this. We got an invitation to try the new system. We were told that the 3 FP plus options were in addition to regular fast pass. And did not effect the traditional fast passes you get in the park. I hope the cast member was right.
    Oh, and i have also been told..that WDW/DLR will NOT eliminate traditional FP even when plus is out.
    So, who knows....but in the end, I'll figure it all out.

Post Thanks / Like

We got the invite yesterday for our trip from 8/20-8/28. We have to do it by 8/10 to have our bracelets delivered to us by 8/20. Going to set it up in the next few days. I will keep you posted throughout the process. I'm anxious, curious but mostly excited.
    7/2005,2/2006,8/2007-POR
    2/08-AS Movies
    Next trip???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Opus X View Post
    Here is an amazing idea.......why not wait until its completely out there for everyone and then lets have an opinion...cause now...nothing but rumours.
    I.E. i have heard...3per day value resort.
    4 per day mod and 5 for deluxe...

I'll save my opinion when i can actually use it.
    I think people are just sharing thoughts & ideas. Brainstorming if you will. This is a huge change up. Change is exciting but can be scary. All opinions are valid I think. So I say share away
    7/2005,2/2006,8/2007-POR
    2/08-AS Movies
    Next trip???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alliekat View Post
    That may, or may not, be the case during your trial. If you have "magic bands", you will not be able to use FP in the parks (you won't have any paper media to insert into the kiosks). Disney's own published material around the "paperless tickets" ("magic bands") says you will no longer be able to do the other FP system once on them.

While these tests help Disney make sure their backend systems are functioning for FP+ needs, the one thing it will never tell them is what impact scheduling FP+ times for traditionally non-FP attractions is going to have on the rest of the guests. Nobody can really know what will happen there until FP+ is in production.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: