Quantcast My wrist bands arrived today

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default My wrist bands arrived today

I got the email and letter inviting us to log on and try out the wrist bands and fast pass+. It was all pretty easy. I was able to pick wrist band colors and fast pass times. I was a bit skeptical, but everything went so smoothly. The wrist bands arrived within about 24 hours. Our trip is in 2 weeks and now we are so excited to think we don't have to run all over collecting our fast passes. Our room/ dining reservations, tickets, room keys, fast pass....all in one!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to know that it went smoothly! Let us know what you think of them after your trip!
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, please update us about your experiences!
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you have a great trip! The more I think about it, the more I would love to test it all out this trip ... but we're not getting "chosen".

Either way, a Disney day is a good day!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We were hoping that we would be "chosen" to try the wristbands and fast pass+ but it was not to be. I would love to know how you get on.
    Sequoia Lodge @ DLP 2002,2003,2004,2005,2006 & 2015
    Hotel New York @ DLP 2007,2008 & 2010
    Newport Bay @ DLP 2014
    All Star Movies @ WDW 2006
    Pop Century @ WDW 2007
    Port Orleans FQ @ WDW 2009, 2011, 2013 & 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure how we were picked. A few days ago, about 2 1/2 weeks before our trip date, a letter arrived express UPS asking us to log on a website and start to make our fastpass+ choices. That process went smoothly. We were given a choice of one park for each day then a list of possible Fast Passes. There appeared to be many more than previously available at the parks (Space Ship Earth, Pirates, etc) on our trip 8/2012. Each day we were given 3 choices for that day, all must be at the same park. Then a list of those fast passes was shown with 4 possible time options. Once we chose our favorite time slots the next page offered us an option to tweak any times. The times given averaged about two hours apart. Our reservations for meals and hotel were then linked together. We chose wrist band colors for each member of our family. The next morning a box arrived at our door step. It contained all of the bands in a very impressive display all themed to The Incredibles movie. The wrist bands are removable, not like at a concert where you have to cut them off, so it isn't necessary to sleep or shower while wearing it. I don't see mentioned if they are waterproof but I am guessing they are, otherwise Kali River Rapids and Splash Mt could be an issue. My daughters are excited to try this out. They are 17 and 21 and still find it all very exciting! How were we chosen? I don't know if it is random, or if it is because we have returned for a week each August for at least the past 10 years. Either way, we will be sure to post here as the week goes on to let you know of successes and glitches,

Post Thanks / Like

That is so cool. Thanks for the info and please make sure to update us after your trip.
    Have a great trip.
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tadshome View Post
    We were hoping that we would be "chosen" to try the wristbands and fast pass+ but it was not to be. I would love to know how you get on.
    At the end of August testing is taking place for those staying at CR. I had to call Disney tech yesterday and that's what I was told. I had linked my AP in hopes that BLT was part of the CR trial but it's not. I also found out (which was the reason for my call) that currently APs are not compatible with the MyDisneyExperience program. You go through the steps to link it but when you try to pull it up an error message shows. It is being worked on but for now no FP+ for AP holders.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

My Dad got an email yesterday asking him to complete the same process for the upcoming trip in October! They just spent nine days at POR, but they aren't scheduled to stay at CR or BLT! No idea how it happened, but they're very excited to pick out their bands and FP+!
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know what happens if you decide to go to a different park than the one you picked in advance? Would you still be able to get fast passes at the other park?
    10/92 Off-Site
    10/97 All-Star Music
    06/06 French Quarter
    05/08 French Quarter

12/09 French Quarter
    9/10 French Quarter
    07/12 Off-Site
    11/13 All-Star Music
    6/15 Coronado Springs
    9/15 Pop Century
    01/16 All-Star Sports
    11/16 French Quarter