Quantcast Episode 53 - It?s A Snoozer

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Episode 53 - It?s A Snoozer

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Episode 53
    It’s a Snoozer!
    The Cast: Melanie Bounds, Ian Mitchell, Christine Warner & John Yaglenski

- We hit all of our crutches out of the chute

- Transformers Opens and we were there – Christine says its great but likes Spiderman better

- Simpson yourself, Rock the Universe, King Kong coming back @ Universal

- Disney’s Hollywood Studios rumors -left side of the park gone? Where would Osborne Lights go? Expansion of Star Wars Brand. 2018?

- Where is Avatarland?

- Pairing down our collectibles - seems like most of us have stopped collecting. Clutter and the soft collectibles market.

- Starbucks in Main Street - INTERCOT approved minus the loss of the chocolate cake.

- Christine is over Limited Time Magic

- INTERCOT’s Take It or Leave It! Where is out theme people? Attractions / Rides on both coasts. Christine likes originality and says Leave It. Ian doesn't have a strong opinion but says Take It! Melanie wants to Leave It - and like Christine likes going to different parks just to see attractions. John splits the panel and says Take It!

- Thanks to our 2 listeners

- INTERCOT Kid’s shirts

- John is heading to Disney’s Hilton Head and will be reporting on it!

- Disneyland Tinkerbell Half Marathon and 10k added

- MagicBand discussion and accessories. John may be coming around. Wants a watch add-on to make the bands useful in day to day life. Ian just about loses it - take us to ludicrous speed! He then admits - John is on to something. Another great idea from INTERCOT Consulting.

- Galaxy Quest and Space Balls references both in one episode

- Halloween time at Disneyland Resort

- Grand Floridian Villas - Christine says looks lovely.

>> LISTEN, DOWNLOAD, LOVE, SHARE, TELL SOME FRIENDS...
    Last edited by John; 07-25-2013 at 10:51 AM.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Who's dog was that barking?
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

That was one of Christine's pack...
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

You should have called this the "Background Noise" episode. Barking dogs, doors squeaking and loud chew toys. I'm only just over half way through. (You all do a good job, I'm just goofing on ya.)

And seriously Ian, another Castle Suite mention?
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yeah, I like the band accessories

I'm one of those freaks who would totally buy some of the band accessories, especially if they end up with Dooney and Burke or Swarovski ones. I'll be at Magic Kingdom next week and am going to check them out! Thanks for the great (as always) podcast. You could do your next "Take it or Leave it" on the band accessories.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm here and listening! I tend to listen in chunks and don't want to post a million responses for each 10 or 15 minute interval of Podcast and then by the time I'm done with an episode I forget all the comments I would have posted anyway. Maybe I should keep a pen and note pad next to the computer to jot down my thoughts!

Edit- Mel I just got back from a week in San Diego and it was WONDERFUL!!!! You will have a blast, and love the weather. Even in August the temps will be moderate and noooooo humidity. You guys should go to the Gaslight district, Old Town is really nice, and drive over the bridge to Coronado Island for a great view of the city and some cute shops/beach areas.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

50% of your audience snickered whenever Mel or John referred to Hollywood Studios as "MGM".
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Take it. I have never been to WDW so I was very excited, for instance, when Tower of Terror came to Disneyland Resort. There wasn't another attraction like it. Off the top of my head I think most major attractions that have been duplicated have worked on both coasts. But don't overdo it. There needs to be uniqueness as well. Don't copy every little thing.

Favorite line of the show came from Ian. "Don't accessorize your park pass!"

Listening to you discuss the new Fastpass system and hearing how confusing it was to people familiar with Disney I can only say that I pity the unsuspecting and uninformed first time visitor.

Non Disney related FYI. It's the Gaslamp Quarter in downtown San Diego. The redevelopment over the last 20-25 years has been significant.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Edit- Mel I just got back from a week in San Diego and it was WONDERFUL!!!! You will have a blast, and love the weather. Even in August the temps will be moderate and noooooo humidity. You guys should go to the Gaslight district, Old Town is really nice, and drive over the bridge to Coronado Island for a great view of the city and some cute shops/beach areas.
    Nikki, you've described everything my hubby has in store for me, with the exception of a Padres game (which shouldn't surprise anyone who knows us). Zoo, nah, not us. So excited! I know you had fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkwest View Post
    favorite line of the show came from ian. "don't accessorize your park pass!"
    A m e n!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    50% of your audience snickered whenever Mel or John referred to Hollywood Studios as "MGM".
    Yeah well, it is what it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Nikki, you've described everything my hubby has in store for me, with the exception of a Padres game (which shouldn't surprise anyone who knows us). Zoo, nah, not us. So excited! I know you had fun.
    The zoo was ok, but it was really hot! Truthfully, the National Zoo in DC is better. My dad and uncle went to a Padres game and had a great time, they even won! Another great thing to do in LA is when they don't have a home game you can go up the hill to Dodgers Stadium and walk around. We got some great views of the city from up there.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't personally bling out my park pass, but if others want to, sure, go ahead.

I don't see why having the choice is such a bad thing. I have never been able to understand the stance of "I don't personally want to do it and although you doing it doesn't affect me in the slightest bit, it is bad and you should feel bad."
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Take it or Leave it- Siding with Ian and John in that I'll take it for the "classic" rides but I do think each park needs to have signature elements. I am on record on these boards as loving Carsland, but I don't want it to be simply recreated in WDW.
    About the theme song- There are a few "Take it or Leave it" songs out there but on the whole they don't work as a theme song. There's one by The Strokes, Sublime with Rome, and the Rolling Stones. Every time I hear "Take it" though, I think of Janis Joplin's "Piece of my Heart." "Just TAKE IT!!"

California:
    Disneyland in August- We hit a heat wave last year and it was brutal. Since the weather is typically beautiful there are hardly any shaded or air conditioned queues. Of course we still had the time of our lives. Hopefully you get nice weather for the race. San Diego- We went last year after our Disneyland trip for a few days and again had bizzaro weather. 1st day, when we went to Coronado Beach, it was FREEZING and we only stayed for about 15 minutes! The next day when we went to the zoo it was 84 degrees and 80 PERCENT HUMIDITY!?! Unheard of for the area. Very hot and sticky. That being said it was still a great time. We stayed at a hotel in the gaslight district and it was a great area. We also toured the USS Midway which was a lot of fun.

Magic Bands and Accessories- My husband pointed out to me that I'm totally going to be one who falls for this. I disagreed to an extent, but he's probably right. If I end up having to wear one of those things, I will likely buy the Muppets characters since I'm a sucker for everything and anything Muppets. I recognize it as a money grab, I realize I am part of the problem, and I will hate myself for it ever-so-slightly.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Take It or Leave It - Rolling Stones
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, what was that crazy noise at the end of the podcast?!?! Sounded like Mel was making some weird clucking noise! haha

I think that because you keep mentioning Jennsky and I (representing ALL of Canada!!!) we're going to wind up on the "girls who shall not be named" list!!!

I was also the one who tweeted that the Intercot music was being used in Niagara Falls during a weird jewelry cleaner infomercial late one night. I sat there watching the show for a minute trying to figure out WHY I knew that background music!!!

Anyway here are a few Take It Or Leave It suggestions:
    - visiting a water park on every trip
    - Disney Quest or Downtown Disney in general
    - mini golf or other extra curricular activities (boat rentals & water sports, fishing, bike rentals or horseback riding etc.)

And my answer to this week's Take It Or Leave It:
    I think having a few "flagship" Disney rides in each park is fine. Think Pirates, HM, all the Mountains, Dumbo, It's a Small World, etc etc etc. They are quintessential "Disney Park Rides". I think we've got enough of those now. They're "classics" and they deserve to be in each park. But I think going forward, each coast should get it's own thing now to differentiate the parks from each other. Soooo... I guess my answer is "Leave It"?
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Instead of playing some old person song, I suggest opening every INTERCOT Take It or Leave It segment by playing the quote from Anchorman.

"I wanna say something. I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back."
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Instead of playing some old person song, I suggest opening every INTERCOT Take It or Leave It segment by playing the quote from Anchorman.

"I wanna say something. I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back."
    YES.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    First of all, what was that crazy noise at the end of the podcast?!?! Sounded like Mel was making some weird clucking noise! haha
    WHAT? Maybe I should go listen.

And yes, Canada, you are teetering on being "those who shall not be named."

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see why having the choice is such a bad thing. I have never been able to understand the stance of "I don't personally want to do it and although you doing it doesn't affect me in the slightest bit, it is bad and you should feel bad."
    If I came across as being judgmental whether you wanted to wear the wristband bling, I didn't mean to and I apologize. My beef with it all is totally with Disney and that it's a blatant money grab. Does it matter what I think? Nope, not in the least. But like I always say, I can choose to head west, where at least for now things are pretty much RFID free. Until all this is straightened out and the new stuff is firmly in place, we'll only be heading to WDW for runDisney events.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: