Quantcast Disney's "Who Got the Better Deal?"

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney's "Who Got the Better Deal?"

My idea for a new game on the boards is a bit crass, but as we are all reasonably critical as Intercotees it might be fun to some of us.

DW and I play this from time to time with famous couples, our friends and even ourselves. Of course the polite thing to say is that "I got the better deal" and for DW to say the opposite.

The game is simple enough: You identify a couple, primary from Disney animated or live action films and then pose the question: "Who got the better deal?" The most obvious example: Mickey & Minnie. Justification of your choice is optional. My answer would be Minnie got the better deal. Let's face it, she'd never do better. The Totally Minnie parade was almost 30 years ago; she's been living in his shadow ever since.

So...

Who got the better deal: Ariel or Eric?
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Ariel. Eric has a fabulous castle on the beach (arguably one of the best "catches" among the Disney princes). Her family can visit, but they'll never stay long. "Wave at Grandpa, kids! Oh, there he goes, swimming away again." Let's face it, she couldn't have been happy with an ordinary Joe. You wouldn't give up being an underwater princess to come on land and struggle to pay the bills.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Ariel. Eric has a fabulous castle on the beach (arguably one of the best "catches" among the Disney princes). Her family can visit, but they'll never stay long. "Wave at Grandpa, kids! Oh, there he goes, swimming away again." Let's face it, she couldn't have been happy with an ordinary Joe. You wouldn't give up being an underwater princess to come on land and struggle to pay the bills.
    Nice. I would have gone the other way, but...
    Oh, and at the end you should list another Disney (or other) couple. I'll do the honors:

Sleeping Beauty: Aurora or Phillip?
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDINK View Post
    Nice. I would have gone the other way, but...
    Oh, and at the end you should list another Disney (or other) couple. I'll do the honors:

Sleeping Beauty: Aurora or Phillip?
    Well, also Ariel's a little immature, and that pesky crab follows her around.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Well, also Ariel's a little immature, and that pesky crab follows her around.
    True that. Plus she'd burst into song at the drop of a hat (Imagine how annoying that might get later on in the relationship?!) assuming she doesn't sell her voice to some other witch to upgrade to a nicer prince.

Next one: Aurora or Phillip?
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Phillip. Sure, Aurora falls asleep for a long time, but some guys might appreciate that. And, yes, she has one really bad witchy enemy, but she also has three doting fairies on her side. Phillip's good with a sword, but otherwise a bit on the dull side.

How about...
    Robin Hood and Marian.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

How about...
    Robin Hood and Marian.
    I gotta go with Maid Marrian - Yes, she is a hot little vixen, but ultimately she's your typical damsel in need of saving. She'd be a bit too waifish without her enforcer Lady Kluck at her side. Robin is a "criminal" but is pardoned by the king on his return. I think he brings more to the table with the archery and the heroism. (Plus they are the only two foxes in the movie, so you're kinda hoping they wind up together.)

Belle or the Beast?

(BTW - you can argue a dead heat, that neither has the advantage; water has sought its own level, etc.)
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I gotta go with Maid Marrian - Yes, she is a hot little vixen, but ultimately she's your typical damsel in need of saving. She'd be a bit too waifish without her enforcer Lady Kluck at her side. Robin is a "criminal" but is pardoned by the king on his return. I think he brings more to the table with the archery and the heroism. (Plus they are the only two foxes in the movie, so you're kinda hoping they wind up together.)

Belle or the Beast?

(BTW - you can argue a dead heat, that neither has the advantage; water has sought its own level, etc.)
    Clearly the Beast has the better deal here. Although Belle may have been harassed the rest of her life for being intelligent and educated, at least she wouldn't be stuck in another form (beast) for the rest of her life if she didn't find true love. Furthermore, some may argue Belle suffered from Stockholm syndrome while visiting the castle. Second, the beast fell in love with Belle, learned to read and became human as well as his servants/workers. And they lived happily ever after....

Cinderella
    or
    her stepsisters (remember Cinderella 2)?
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arielfan98 View Post
    Cinderella
    or
    her stepsisters (remember Cinderella 2)?
    The idea of the game is you are identifying a couple, ie. Cinderella and Charming or in the case of Cinderella 2 (I've never seen it, but I just read the Wiki) Anastasia and the baker. You could compare 2 couples: Did Cinderella (with Charming) get a better deal than Ariel (with Eric). I'm sure we'll run out of characters at some point where we will either stray into celebrities, non Disney characers or maybe even use Disney characters where you imply a relationship that is not explicitly there just to be funny/odd: Better deal: Chip or Dale (Well, Dale while cute is a little on the dumb side and has those buck teeth, so he got the better deal.) Straying into the Once Upon a Time plots might be fun too.

I don't think you're implying there was something between Cinderella and her step-sisters ala Orange is the New Black, were you?

BTW - Totally agree, Beast got the Better deal.
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

If we do Cinderella and her Prince, I would say they are even, though most people would argue that she got the better deal. While she did marry a prince and get away from her nasty family, she fell in love with an ideal. What do we really know about him? Besides that his name is charming (no proof offered) and his father is a really fun guy. I love his dad!

Prince Charming, though, he married a woman who is kind and charming in her own right, has lots of friends (albeit animal friends), and she's not afraid of a little hard work. Good deal, for both.

I'll let Ariel choose another.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Who got the better deal: Donald or Daisy?
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

The idea of the game is you are identifying a couple, ie. Cinderella and Charming or in the case of Cinderella 2 (I've never seen it, but I just read the Wiki) Anastasia and the baker. You could compare 2 couples: Did Cinderella (with Charming) get a better deal than Ariel (with Eric). I'm sure we'll run out of characters at some point where we will either stray into celebrities, non Disney characers or maybe even use Disney characters where you imply a relationship that is not explicitly there just to be funny/odd: Better deal: Chip or Dale (Well, Dale while cute is a little on the dumb side and has those buck teeth, so he got the better deal.) Straying into the Once Upon a Time plots might be fun too.

I don't think you're implying there was something between Cinderella and her step-sisters ala Orange is the New Black, were you?

BTW - Totally agree, Beast got the Better deal.
    Sorry I didn't realize it had to be couples I was trying to say that do you think Cinderella being with Prince Charming was a better deal than her sister Anastasia finding love with the baker....was confused sorry haha

The next one is easy: Clearly Daisy because she is a Diva and quite the "gold digger" if you will because she must always use Donald's money to shop and Donald seems to always carry her shopping bags.

Pocahontas or John Smith?

Post Thanks / Like

John Smith. Cause knowledge is power!
    We all have sparks, imaginations.
    That's how our minds, create creations.
    For they make, our wildest dreams come true.
    Those magic sparks, in me and you. ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Who got the better deal: Lady or the Tramp?
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Who got the better deal: Lady or the Tramp?
    The Tramp. Obviously. He got off the streets and gets to live in a nice house AND he got to settle down and start a family with Lady. Plus, Lady was spoiled rotten, and the tramp ended up "saving" her, so now he's the household "hero."

Aladdin or Jasmine?
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Both benefit equally here. Jasmine was a spoiled brat who assumed all men and suitors were just interested in her father's title which wouldn't make sense considering if they were princes of their own kingdom they could eventually become king there. Second, Aladdin clearly became lucky enough to eventually win Jasmine's heart and Jasmine benefited by getting a great guy. So it's a win win.

Snow White or the prince?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arielfan98 View Post
    Both benefit equally here. Jasmine was a spoiled brat who assumed all men and suitors were just interested in her father's title which wouldn't make sense considering if they were princes of their own kingdom they could eventually become king there. Second, Aladdin clearly became lucky enough to eventually win Jasmine's heart and Jasmine benefited by getting a great guy. So it's a win win.

Snow White or the prince?
    I would have gone with Aladdin. 2 words: street rat.

I'd say Snow got the better deal. Here's some pasty tart hiding out with a bunch of ill mannered unwashed dwarves and a horde of woodland creatures who all had the good sense to realize you don't accept apples from dodgy looking old biddies, pining away for some prince to come save her. The prince should have skipped to the third farest in the land who was probably a very nice girl and avoided all of the drama.

Wall-E or Eve?
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    The Tramp. Obviously. He got off the streets and gets to live in a nice house AND he got to settle down and start a family with Lady. Plus, Lady was spoiled rotten, and the tramp ended up "saving" her, so now he's the household "hero."

Aladdin or Jasmine?
    As far as Lady and the Tramp, I think they benefit equally. She wouldn't have survived the mean streets without him, and she learned a lot from him. She got an education. But he ended up with the cute cocker spaniel and a house, and hero worship.

Similar vibe going with Aladdin and Jasmine, really. But in both cases, I guess you have to give the edge to the women for having more to offer. The "freedom" of being on the street is overrated next to being in the lap of luxury. So the guys lucked out in both cases. Especially in Aladdin's case because Jasmine is smart and sexy, as well as rich and powerful.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, Snow got the better deal. With Wall-E and Eve, I think Eve got the better deal. Wall-E has a lot of heart and though Eve is a sleeker model with better programming, she needs some of the humanity from Wall-E, who really has it even though he's not human.

Bernard and Miss Bianca, the Rescuers.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Bernard and Miss Bianca, the Rescuers.
    Goin with Bernard. The fear of flying thing alone makes him a big liability; her job requires travel.

Who got the better deal: Rapunzel of Flynn Rider?
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: