Quantcast What type of planner are you? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll make Advance Dining Reservations as soon as I'm able to, so I'll have a general idea of what park(s) we'll be going to on each day of our trip at about the 180 day mark. I don't start checking the weather until 5-7 days out.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually have all our ADR's booked in advance. This time since I will be off and on site, I only have two meals booked. My DD's favorite Tokyo Dining and a new one for us Les Chefs. This time I am winging the meals. As far as the parks this trip. We will get some park time mixed in with house hunting.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Our trips have been so much easier as it's only two adults now. I only plan our resort (sometimes it's DTD resorts) and how many days we will spend in the parks to purchase passes and if we will attend a party such as MVSHP or MVMCP.

That's it.

We eat whenever we want, wherever we can and grab a fastpass if one is available.

I'm sure that will all change again in a couple of years when I start bringing grandchildren.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a non planner. Now, for the Disney trips at least. I make only one or two reservations for dining and that's it. Sometimes when I am there I'll call the same day and make one if I feel like it. I have been enough, i just don't care anymore. I want to go and do what I want now and just enjoy. Maybe if we have grandkids some day down the line I will go back to planning.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Obsessive planner here! To the point where not only do I have my ADRs, but I went through the menus and figured out roughly how much my meals will be, and calculated the gratuity based on 20%. That way, I can tip in cash (I'm on the DDP), and not have to use my card for small amounts (I hate having multiple charges on my card for small amounts). I already figured out how many 5 dollar bills and how many singles I need and have them all stored away.

I also already made envelopes with tips for Mousekeeping (one per night).

I have a rough of idea of which park I'm going to for the first few days of the trip; after that, I play it by ear.

I don't, however, plan my days any further than that. I go with the flow depending on crowds and my mood (sometimes I'm in the mood to go quickly on everything, other times I just want to take my time and only go on a few things, and sometimes I want to go on a thrill ride, and other times I don't).

I also know, roughly, which CS and snacks I want, but again, I don't have a set plan. I figure that out then and there based on what I'm in the mood for.

So I plan, but I also keep a lot open. I have no idea how often I'll visit Stormalong Bay, nor which nights I'll stay for fireworks, nor how many parks per day (other than ADRs). No idea when I'll go on the monorail or when I'll visit DTD.
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a bit of both. I like to plan right down to what to eat when we get off the magical express, but it usually all goes out the window when I get there and we go where our feet take us.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm another who is somewhere in between.

As my kids have gotten older I have found it easier to make ADRs in advance. I don't need a crystal ball to predict what their schedule/mood is going to be like on a particular day.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I will plan which park on which days and then reserve one adr each day at 180 days out. That's about it. We've been known to stray from that plan if we so desire while we're there.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: