Quantcast Help Me Build a Surprise Theme Park Scavenger Hunt!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help Me Build a Surprise Theme Park Scavenger Hunt!

For my sisters surprise trip this weekend, I was hoping to incorporate a scavenger hunt as a part of her birthday present. Since I'm not going on the trip, I thought it would be something fun for her to complete.

I was going for 14 tasks per each of the four parks because it is her fourteenth birthday! I have a few MK ideas (such as buy a Mickey balloon on Main Street, take a picture with it, and then pass it off to a small kid, and other things like count the number of puns used in the stretch room of the HM and then on your fingers tell me how many in a picture before you climb into the doom buggy!), but I have quickly realized how difficult it is to plan a scavenger hunt with so many tasks! They will be there for 9 days, so she has plenty of time to complete them!

So I need your help and your ideas for some cool things that she can do with photographic proof in each park. I bought her a cool vintage Disney journal to put all of her pictures in alongside the tasks when she comes home!

Thanks in advance!
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi!

This sounds like a great idea I'm not sure if I'd be a great help but I did happen to cross a Disneyworld Proposal Scavenger Hunt before done by a guy who obviously wanted to propose to his girlfriend. Although you are not proposing I think his idea to deliver cast member's with clues early on in the day are creative and then have his gf find the cast members based on the clues. Go to youtube and enter "Scavenger Hunt Proposal at Disney World's Magic Kingdom" The Scavenger Hunt starts at 2:40. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by VWL Mom; 07-18-2013 at 05:52 PM. Reason: link removed per TOS
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

I actually have the Disney Scavenger Hunt book. I'll look around for it after dinner and see what I can find.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I would be very grateful!
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, ends up it's a trivia book I have not a scavenger hunt There are some great ideas on the web though. Google Disney world scavenger hunt.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

well there's always the favorite, hidden mickeys.
    it's not falling off the roof that hurts it's the landing that hurts...GOOFY

All Star Music '97,'99
    All Star Sports '02
    Pop Century '06,'11

Post Thanks / Like

We've done the picture thing to some extent just to do something different with a large group.

I went through a bunch of old pictures from disney when we went previously (all ages) and everyone had to recreate the photos the best way they could.

2nd half was a new memory section which was more along the lines of a typical scavenger hunt where we searched for hard to find things that were pre-determined from various places.

Bonus things like pictures with the most characters etc.
    "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions"

Post Thanks / Like

I kind of like this idea.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: