Quantcast Pop Century VS AOA (rooms not suites)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pop Century VS AOA (rooms not suites)

I was wanting to know which resort you like best POP for AOA?? When looking at the Little Mermaid Rooms they look so far away from the bus stop then some of the POP rooms (in the 80's or 90's section or by the lake). Has anyone stayed at the Little Mermaid and feel it is too far away?

Any help would be appreciated.
    But I say Nay Nay

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at both and the LM rooms at AoA are a bit of a walk but are really cute if you have little girls. If we are doing a value resort Pop is the one we stay at most of the time. We have stayed all over except for the 60's section which is a little higher because it is a prefered location. They each have their own personality so it really boils down to which theme you want more, mermaid or different decades. You can walk across the bridge between the 2 to use the food courts so that doesnt really matter. And neither one had much of a wait time on the buses. Of course if you arent doing the dining plan you could do a split stay between them both and have the best of both worlds.

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed in both the Little Mermaid Room and a non preferred room at Pop. The LM rooms are about 5 minutes from the bus stop at a brisk pace , probably 10 at a leisurely pace. I was in the 70s most recently at Pop facing the lake and the walk seemed similar.

I stayed at AOA in Sept (LM) and April (Nemo suite) and Pop in May. Pop was fine but I felt it was showing its age a little. My family preferred AOA including my 7 year old son . He really enjoyed the feature pool at AOA.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I would stay at AoA if I wanted to pay a little extra. We are staying at POP for 8 nights in Dec. because of the price difference. Just 2 of us and we don't spend much time in the room or at the resort. Can use the saved money for a few meals.

I love staying at the newer resorts.AoA is so much fun- love the theme. Feels sooo Disney to me and I always wanted to be an animator.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

We will be staying 3 nights in September after a 5 day cruise on the Dream. We thought that we would try AofA to see what we think. Since it is only 3 nights it will give us an idea of what the resort is like and if we don't like it we won't be there that long. We did visit the resort last September and walked out to the LM rooms. It was a walk but as long is it's not raining I think we'll be fine. We have stayed the last three times at Pop and found that of the values we like this resort best.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't find the walk from the LM rooms that bad at all, it's 5-10 minutes tops, walk through the middle of the resort rather than the front walkway along the parking lot.

It definitely was a little more "fresh" than Pop because it's new, but the rooms were similar from my recollection of staying at Pop.

We didn't really use it, but the main feature pool at AoA did seem a lot more fun (and larger) than Pop. I liked the food courts at both, and it's a bonus that you can walk between the two via the bridge.

If you enjoy a leisurely walk at night, then it's about a mile to mile and a half walk around the lake, you can check out the scenery of both.

I think if I had to choose between the two, I would pick AoA, despite the price difference. To me, with the money you spend on a Disney vacation to begin with, it's a drop in the bucket. Though, FWIW, this fall's trip will be at the AS Movies for price reasons.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

We haven't stayed at Art of Animation but I've run through there. I don't think it would be that far of a walk to the bus stop.

I think my preference would still be Pop Century because of the food. The food choices at Art of Animation really aren't a draw for me.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I really like both resorts. If you stay at AOA in the LM rooms I'd just request one that is closest to the Lion King Section (maybe someone else can provide you w/ a good room # section). We were in the Ariel building all the way to the back (pretty much as far as you can get) and it was quite a walk. I typically stay in the 50's section at Pop and found that much shorter.

They previously were not including the LM rooms in any of the discounts. Not sure if that has changed, but if not, you may want to figure that into your decision.
    1984 - Contemporary
    1989, 91, 92 - Caribbean Beach
    1992, 94, 95 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2007, 08, 10 - Pop Century
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back and I have to say the little Mermaid rooms are alitle far, but not enough to keep you from staying there.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm considering a value resort for next year - gotta save money with a daughter in college! AoA only offered a 5% discount on rooms in comparison to 20% at the other values during our travel period this past June. If that's the case next year, Pop or the All-Stars will likely win out (although I want to stay in a Little Mermaid room).
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

what buildings woukd be considered quiet rooms?
    But I say Nay Nay

Opus X Guest

Havnt stayed at AofA but we have POP.
    Honestly, I like All Star Music much better than POP.. BUT, I did venture around AofA and I love the resort. We will definitely stay there in the future.. WELL done Disney!
    Concerning walking to the bus distance..I don't think any room at any resort is particularly long distance at all. Certainly not at POP and from what I saw..not at AofA either.

Post Thanks / Like

We are staying at AOA for 1 night next month in the little mermaid standard room after 5 nights at old key west. I have heard its not that long of a walk. We have a car and I don't mind walking. We stayed at pop with my in laws last aug/sept and I would never stay there again. Beds were terrible, loud room with paper thin walls and a terrible nights sleep every night.
    My vote is for AOA.

27 days!!!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey310 View Post
    We are staying at AOA for 1 night next month in the little mermaid standard room after 5 nights at old key west. I have heard its not that long of a walk. We have a car and I don't mind walking. We stayed at pop with my in laws last aug/sept and I would never stay there again. Beds were terrible, loud room with paper thin walls and a terrible nights sleep every night.
    My vote is for AOA.

27 days!!!
    .....just as a little note ...the Little Mermaid Rooms (3 buildings ...numbered 7, 8, & 9) are exactly the same as the buildings at POP. (construction, room sizes, bed sizes, bathroom size, and their locations in the rooms).
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Do AoA and POP share a bus, or do they each have their own?
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at Pop last year, but it was just before the Mermaid rooms were completed, so we didn't consider AoA as an option. We loved Pop immensely, and because I love being near the main building, I think Pop is going to always be the better option for me. I LOVED the AoA cafeteria, but you can eat there no matter which one you choose. The AoA polls seemed more modern, but my kids loved the Pop pools. A huge advantage AoA has is that it is newer and fresher. If that's a factor, you might want to pick AoA.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AvonleaCF View Post
    Do AoA and POP share a bus, or do they each have their own?
    They have their own.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I have never stayed at AoA, but have toured it and I can tell you the Ariel rooms were a bit too far for me. I am in shape and quite young, but I thought it was quite far. You might also want to consider AoA does not offer free dining whereas Pop Century will during certain times of the year. If you have little ones who LOVE Ariel like I do , you might want to consider the rooms for one vacation for the experience. If you have really little ones it is a far walk in my opinion but the food court at AoA is fantastic and they have so many options. I have never stayed at Pop, but I can tell you if you choose to stay there you can most likely get a preferred room there for the same price as the Ariel rooms.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Both are nice resorts right next to each other so distance & bus factors aren'ta difference maker. I wwould weigh in price & theme & decide from there
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at both. LM rooms are a good walk. Little to far to run to food court to get a drink, snack or run your refillable mug back before heading to the park.
    Scrappy

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: