Quantcast Spectro is no more

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Spectro is no more

Just read from another site that the Spectro Magic floats were destroyed. This was due to them getting damaged in some rough Florida weather. I'm kinda bummed about this. I always liked the parade, and compared to MSEP, I loved it. The floats were very Disney as was the music. MSEP's music used to be cool to me.... when I was 10 and techno music was new and cool. But now it just seems outdated.

So long Spectro. Wish I could've seen you one last time.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Yaaaaaaay! :P
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, we discussed this last week here...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what it was about it, but it was the only parade I really looked forward to seeing.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

This was my favorite parade. I think it was our favorite more because it was the first once we ever took my son too. I have great memories of him seeing it for the first time and sad that my daughter never got to see it.

I am with Gator on the MSEP music. It really annoys me. I don't do the nighttime parade very often unless we are doing an event like MNSSHP.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I'll miss it for sure. I saw MSEP once. That was all I needed. I could watch Spectro forever.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know which is the truth but for whatever its worth, after the rumor spread about the Spectro floats being destroyed I read on another source (that tends to be reliable) that it was a false rumor and the floats are still safely in storage. That source later even tweeted a picture of the floats in storage that they said was taken by a cast member last week. Maybe wishful thinking but I'm still holding out hope

PS
    I'm not trying to be mysterious about who the source is, just assuming its not OK to post links to other Disney fan websites here
    Bay Lake Tower - 2014, 2015
    Polynesian Resort - 2013
    Wilderness Lodge - 2011
    Port Orleans - 2003
    Hotel Plaza - 2002
    Coronado Springs - 1998
    Disneyland - 1997
    All Star Music - 1995, 1997
    Offsite - 1980, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloJason View Post
    I don't know which is the truth but for whatever its worth, after the rumor spread about the Spectro floats being destroyed I read on another source (that tends to be reliable) that it was a false rumor and the floats are still safely in storage. That source later even tweeted a picture of the floats in storage that they said was taken by a cast member last week. Maybe wishful thinking but I'm still holding out hope

PS
    I'm not trying to be mysterious about who the source is, just assuming its not OK to post links to other Disney fan websites here
    Yeah, wishful thinking. Orlando Attractions Magazine on their weekly program last week announced that they were officially told by Disney that Spectro would not be returning. They used the word officially and they are very reliable.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Such sad news. I know that I and my family will miss Spectro.
    1990 - CBR
    1998 - Disney Institute
    2000 - All Star Movies
    2003 - Land and Sea - CBR
    2004 - CBR
    2006 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2012 - Art of Animation-Nemo
    2013 - Art of Animation- Lion King
    2014 - Star Wars Weekends - Pop Century
    2015 - Aulani
    2016 - POFQ
    2017 - POFQ Again

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I read somewhere on here that it was officially not coming back I was so holding out hope that it would eventually come back. I know that a lot of people love the current parade but it just doesn't move me like SM did. I just kind of feel like it is just any other parade... I just hope when they come up with another one it has a more exciting soundtrack I still listen to SM on youtube a couple times a week.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

The final two floats, the Carousel and Chernabog, were destroyed the other day... Say goodbye to Spectro... No matter what another site said, the parade is gone...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

That is so depressing! Maybe another, more awesome parade will take it's place!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hauntedmansiongirl View Post
    That is so depressing! Maybe another, more awesome parade will take it's place!
    There is no parade to replace SpectroMagic... MSEP will run for the foreseeable future... Until the new Festival of Fantasy parade starts... The plan, as of right now, is to can MSEP once the new Festival of Fantasy parade begins, and run that parade in the afternoon and evening...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    There is no parade to replace SpectroMagic... MSEP will run for the foreseeable future... Until the new Festival of Fantasy parade starts... The plan, as of right now, is to can MSEP once the new Festival of Fantasy parade begins, and run that parade in the afternoon and evening...
    Would sure like to know where that info came from as that is contrary to what we hear from parades entertainment cast at work.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: