Quantcast Rude Cast Members - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    Ok, so for the OP, I read your post a few times and unless I'm really misunderstanding, the CM was repeatedly trying to redirect your group seating so that the car would be properly filled, is that correct? Did anyone explain to him that you were trying to keep people with who they were seated with? Certainly, we expect that CMs will be in situations where they have to keep their cool, but if he was trying to fill the car and you weren't working with him or explaining what you'd hoped to do to him, how can you be surprised that he got a little frustrated? Possibly there were guests behind you who are now complaining on another board about the rude group of guests who held up the line because they wouldn't cooperate with the CM? Not taking a shot at you, just providing some perspective.
    But see that was the thing, nobody told us how to fill in, the woman up front told us to fill in rows 5-8 and then the guy who was in charge of getting the single riders in place told my brother to move and my brother looked at me for confirmation as to what he said and the CM just snapped at him... So yes I understand he did not want my brother to be so slow, but he also should have considered that my brother is 9 (but acts 5) and not old enough to understand (or so I think other people may not agree) that there is an order to what they are doing. And I thank you for your input

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BayLaker25 View Post
    They get stressed out because people do not follow directions and it sounds like your group did not. When people don't follow directions it holds everything up. This is how CM get a bad review because people don't listen and the cast member get frustrated when they have to tell the person something 3 times. That person (as it seems your group did) feels they never do anything wrong even though they didn't listen then they complain about the CM. I'm sorry I have never had a problem with a cast member and I've been there about 10 in the last 7 years.
    I understand what you are saying, but I don't completely agree with it... We have never ever had a problem with cast members except in that trip so we were just quite shocked by the behavior, and also we were listening we just didn't automatically fix it it took a couple of seconds I don't think I clarified that in the original post, my bad:/

Quote Originally Posted by #1donaldfan View Post
    I am a bit torn on this one, as in everything, it's a matter of perspective, but guests don't choose when and where to sit. As the line keeps moving they tell you, two in line two, two in line 3, and so on. If he was supposed to move to another spot, then he should have. Getting a single rider the CM would have had to go all the way down and get one, holding up the train ..... albeit only mere seconds, but still..... as far as Soarin, that was an obvious lack of communication. Finally, as far as the rude words and actions, well like mentined it's a matter of perspective and what level of tolerance we have. It should never happen, that a CM gets truly rude and or hostile toward a guest, but everyone has a bad day....I'm not excusing just assuming it was just one of those days. I hope the rest of the trip was good !!
    With the whole single-rider ordeal all he had to do was put them in the car with me as opposed to the seat behind me I'm not sure why e insisted on putting the single-rider in one car and moving my brother from the other car and into mine haha
    And thank you the rest of our trip was simply splendid haha

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    Perspective time!

CMs work for such a small amount of compensation (read: money) that it's silly.

They need thousands of them.

Everyone is human.
    I work for small amount of compensation, and have birthday mothers yelling and complaining in my face and I wear a smile for every second of it plus I fix the situation immediately for them (or I try to get someone who can) and then as soon as I have fixed I go back to making their child feel special, so I believe if I can do that then CMs can have a little bit of patience in situations that I listed

Post Thanks / Like

What defines superior service is not how the problem-free, error-free, easy days/orders/guests/customers go. What separates the excellence from the pack is when the going gets tough. Anybody can get grumpy, grouchy, angry, and take it out on the guests/customers. Excellent service never lets that change the mission or reveal that it has had any impact at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Fortunately, I have never encountered a rude CM. Now, extremely rude guests, you bet. There is no reason for anybody to be nasty at WDW. It is allegedly the "Happiest Place on Earth." Be happy, life is short.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneylovinmom View Post
    Fortunately, I have never encountered a rude CM. Now, extremely rude guests, you bet. There is no reason for anybody to be nasty at WDW. It is allegedly the "Happiest Place on Earth." Be happy, life is short.
    It's funny, because the only times I have felt in a foul mood at WDW is because I have encountered someone that is already in a foul mood. Even if your kid is freaking out and being crazy it is never going to help the situation to be rude and disgruntled to others. I know from experience. Life is short. I try to apply this to my daily life

Well I take that back; there was one time when our in laws kept getting lost and it drove me bonkers. I was in a foul mood then, too...
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

So the way I understand it from some of you is : rude patron makes CM angry / upset so there for he / she can take it out on the next patron that happens to be in their way ? Or maybe its because they're under paid... so it's ok ?
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjstrike View Post
    So the way I understand it from some of you is : rude patron makes CM angry / upset so there for he / she can take it out on the next patron that happens to be in their way ? Or maybe its because they're under paid... so it's ok ?
    Based on the OP 's description of the events, I don't think he and his family were rude, just a bit confused and slow to react. In any case, I do agree that this does not justify the CM handling it in a less than professional manner.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't talking about the OP, more like they were the ones that came along next and got the raw end of the deal. (sorry about that)
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

...not sure if I posted about this before ...but we encountered a cast member on the Jungle Cruise in 2010 that completely went ballistic .....and to be honest ....I don't blame him one bit. In fact ...I wanted to applaud him.

....after everyone is seated, the first thing the guide does is to tell you ...."No Standing Up". Well ...there is always someone that just doesn't understand the "NO" part of the instructions.

....a few persons at the back of the boat were the ones that can't comprehend the "NO" word ...and are repeatedly told to sit back down.

....the "guide" on the boat was a bit of a stand-up comic as he went through his scripted "routine" ...having a bit of playful sarcasm in his tone. As soon as everyone had boarded the boat...he reminded people to stay seated through the length of the ride. A few of those "non-compliant" passengers at the rear of the boat were periodically getting up to take pictures...and the "guide" somewhat comically reminded them to sit.....and that "the camera works just as well seated as it does standing"

All of a sudden...I suppose that someone else at the back of the boat got up...and the Cast Member yelled at the top of his lungs through the microphone, "I SAID..SIT DOWN..NOW"!!. Well...you could hear a pin drop after that. The comical sarcasm and schtick...no longer seemed funny.

.....I know that there are safety concerns ...and the Cast Members that operate rides are charged with the duties of keeping the guests safe. But the way he expressed his "concern"...was something that I had never seen before. And...perhaps there may have been a better way to get his point across?

....on the other hand ...there are people that will not listen to what you tell them ...no matter how many times you say what needs to be said. He's at the front of the boat ....they were at the back...and if something happened...he's too far away to help ASAP. And...since the boats ride on an underwater track...there is probably more danger of someone getting maimed by machinery ...than drowning (water is only about 3 feet deep...(most of the places). But ...one of the "standees" was holding a small (less than 3 yrs old) child ...so maybe that's what set off the guide?

....we've had so many great interactions and off the cuff conversations with cast members that ...when something like that happens, you are somewhat shocked. But ...as I said ...he was there for the safety of the guests ...and they didn't want to listen.

....I suppose that if there ever was a reason for a cast member to ...maybe ..overstep the boundaries into the 'rude zone' ...it's when safety and imminent danger is present
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Great posts, all.

Funny about the Jungle Cruise CM and I have seen CM's lose it on people and for good reason. They don't want to be fishing people out of the water!

As for the folks with the Harley shirt and Michigan shirt, the CM was very likely just joking around. I am a Florida Gator (Univ of Florida) and I have had CM's at parks who are Seminoles (Fla State Univ - our big rivals) make wry comments about my Gator shirts from time to time.

As a past Cast Member myself, I assure anyone that there is no way that those guys were trying to make anyone uncomfortable. Instead, they were just having fun with you.

Remember....FUN???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: