Quantcast Four Days in NYC…

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Four Days in NYC…

…is not enough. It was me, my daughter and a friend there over Memorial Day Weekend. This was our second overnight trip in a year, and another nice stay at a Hampton Inn. But this one was closer to the Empire State Building and Macy’s at Herald Square.

But our first two days there was not good. You know it is a bad start to a vacation when the first things you have to buy are an umbrella and sweatshirts. So that was our dilemma and we did what we could to deal with it. It did not stop us from having an early dinner at Guy’s American Kitchen and Bar on 44th Street. I had their bourbon brown sugar chicken wings and a caesar salad to go with it. My daughter had their pulled pork slyders and my friend had the big dipper (basically a roast beef sandwich). We all enjoyed our food, though the wings were very saucy. You needed a napkin for each one of them. After that we went to Madame Tussauds, since my friend is a fan of the Marvel Characters and a stop at the Sanrio store for my daughter. Then after that, yes still in the rain and cold we made our way to “The Ride”. This was entertainment on a bus that had stadium style seating and a big window for all to see out and even a glass roof. It took us through the streets of NY and we were entertained by the hosts on the bus, as well as a few street acts off the bus. It was very interactive and amusing. After the ride and on our trek back to our hotel we stumbled across Georgetown Cupcake. I got a lemon blossom cupcake for me and my daughter to share and we both enjoyed it.

The next day we delayed our start due to the weather. But my friend did make it to the Empire State Building and since me and my daughter had been recently we decided to skip it and go to Macy’s. No purchases made, just a lot of browsing. Once we did all meet up, we made our way to Ellen’s Stardust Diner on Broadway. I had fish tacos, my daughter had their turkey dinner and our friend had loaded fries, because of previously having a heavy coffeecake at Starbucks. This place was very entertaining; I got pictures of our server singing as well as the other servers. The food was mediocre. I don’t know, maybe the look showed on our face, because we did not get charged for drinks. Then after our meal we had reservations for the TMZ Tour Bus. Our host was some young guy with dark hair. He has been on the TMZ show, so of course I had to get a picture with him. But isn’t that bad, I can’t even remember his name. While there was no actual celebrity siting’s as we went through Soho, Chelsea and East Village to name a few, our host thought he spotted a comedian. Funny, can’t remember her name either. But the people on the bus were daring him to go up to her, but he wouldn’t because he said she looks like she doesn’t want to be bothered. So who knows? But it was another good time and if nothing else, it was shelter from the rain and cold. After this tour and on our way back to our hotel, we came across Crumbs Bake Shop. And I and my daughter did share an apple cobbler cupcake. Delish!

On our final full day it was a nice day no rain or winds. My daughter had wanted to go to the Shake Shack, so this was where we started our day. Burgers a bit greasy, but they were good. We then went to Rockefeller Plaza so my friend could do a Today show tour and Top of the Rock. It was nice to finally be out walking without having to dread the rain, so we could actually get some pictures. We then decided to go to Grand Central Station to get something to eat a Junior’s Cheesecake. We just had salads then of course I and my daughter had a slice of lemon coconut cake. But it was also nice doing the tour of GC, the place is so big so very confusing. Once we left GC we decided to take a walk to Central Park. It was nice to be able to enjoy the weather while walking down 5th Avenue, passing the stores we would never buy from. We got to Central Park and my daughter wanted to see the statues, her favorite was Shakespeare. So we got many pictures in the park. But by 8 pm we started heading back to our hotel on 35th Street!

For our last day, we made a final stop at Macy’s then onto Penn Station for our train ride back home. No shows on this trip due to lack of time, but my daughter does want to go back to go to MoMa, NYU and see Annie on Broadway. All in all it was a good trip for us.

Next, Hershey Park.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad the weather got better for you, but I love NYC rain or shine, warm or cold. Four days is sweet, but never enough time. I was just moving my daughter into her Jersey City apartment (just for summer, an internship in NYC) and looking longingly at the NY skyline. I can't wait to go back and visit.

Did you like Guy's? The reviews have been bad, but that's NY food reviewers for you, right?
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good trip, although dealing with the weather made it a bit of a challenge. We visited NYC for 3 days last summer, and that was not nearly enough time! We enjoyed it all, but already wanting to return, planning a longer trip next time to be able to experience more! What a fantastic city! Central Park, Grand Central Terminal, Top of The Rock & Crumbs Bakery were definitely some of our favorite experiences! Glad you had a nice trip despite the weather!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I'm glad the weather got better for you, but I love NYC rain or shine, warm or cold. Four days is sweet, but never enough time. I was just moving my daughter into her Jersey City apartment (just for summer, an internship in NYC) and looking longingly at the NY skyline. I can't wait to go back and visit.

Did you like Guy's? The reviews have been bad, but that's NY food reviewers for you, right?
    As far as Guy's the food was good. I heard about the bad reviews he got as well, I was just wondering if he was given those based on who he is as well as the prices. Our bill was $75 before tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Tink#64 View Post
    Sounds like a good trip, although dealing with the weather made it a bit of a challenge. We visited NYC for 3 days last summer, and that was not nearly enough time! We enjoyed it all, but already wanting to return, planning a longer trip next time to be able to experience more! What a fantastic city! Central Park, Grand Central Terminal, Top of The Rock & Crumbs Bakery were definitely some of our favorite experiences! Glad you had a nice trip despite the weather!
    Yes definitely plan to go back again for longer as well. Because we also want to make it to Coney Island as well as the Bronx Zoo. And from what I found out you need a day for each of these alone. Plus my daughter wants to do more of Central Park.
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

We really enjoyed New York City when we went their in March. We had the most perfect weather and enjoyed seeing a show at Caroline's. Looking forward to our next little getaway for sure!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time but 3 days and no Broadway?? Wow! Lol. If you walk up near St. Patricks on a future trip go in and take a look. No charge and you can look around- beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    Sounds like a great time but 3 days and no Broadway?? Wow! Lol. If you walk up near St. Patricks on a future trip go in and take a look. No charge and you can look around- beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
    I know. My daughter wanted to see Annie but we just didn't have enough time with the other stuff we did. So definitely next time.
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvdiznee View Post
    As far as Guy's the food was good. I heard about the bad reviews he got as well, I was just wondering if he was given those based on who he is as well as the prices. Our bill was $75 before tip.
    Not bad. Guy's larger than life personality makes him a target for sure. I can't look at him now without thinking of Bobby Moynihan's impression of him on Saturday Night Live.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Not bad. Guy's larger than life personality makes him a target for sure. I can't look at him now without thinking of Bobby Moynihan's impression of him on Saturday Night Live.
    Not bad for NYC.LOL! But yes Guy definitely is going to get critiqued because he is "Guy".

True story, when we were eating, another couple got seated at the table next to us. Well as the woman was looking at the menu, her eyes widened! And shortly after, they left without ordering anything. Even drinks.

But yes $25 per person in NYC not unheard of.
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: