Quantcast Changing resorts

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Changing resorts

Does anyone know if you are able to change your resort if you are unhappy with the one you are staying at? Is the process hard?

We are staying at the Beach club and I am getting major cold feet. I am so worried after reading the reviews: old, musty, dated I was so looking forward to staying there and now I am so nervous that I will be dissopointed.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are really disappointed when you're arrive, let the desk know immediately, they may be willing to move you if the concerns are legit. Honestly though, I've found a few of the reviews that have you worried. Comparing that to the number of positive posts here and on other sites I don't think there's need for worry.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

We changed resorts on one occasion and Disney worked with us quite well. We had booked a king room at Port Orleans French Quarter. When a discount was announced, our reservation was rebooked BUT the rebooking was not in a king bed room which was missed at the time the reservation was made. When we arrived and found out, we would have two double beds, we knew that layout would not work for us. There were no other king beds available at French Quarter. We could have gotten a king bed at a deluxe resort (I forget which one) but the add-on cost would have been far more than I was willing to pay. Disney was able to book us into a room with queen beds at Coronado Springs which we could live with so we moved over there for the remainder of our stay.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely cannot imagine worrying about one of the Disney resorts. They are among the best in the world. The Beach Club has always been perfect for us and I cannot think of one negative thing to say about it. I don't mean this in a mean way at all, but going in with the attitude that it is going to be bad could possibly make your trip miserable. I always look so forward to the Disney resorts that I have never had a bad experience. I would dare say the percentage of people who have a bad experience at Disney resorts is so small, especially compared to non-disney resorts. I also know after dozens and dozens and dozens of trips to Disney, that they will almost always make it right if you are not satisfied. Stop worrying and start looking forward to your trip....most people would kill to stay at the Beach Club! Do what I do and avoid all of the negative reviews and posts......somebody will always have something negative to say regardless of the situation. Have a great trip at the greatest place on earth!
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

We love the Beach Club and have stayed there numerous times!

This year we are changing, but the only reason is to mix things up a bit.

The Beach Club is my favorite by far!!!!
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

You're going to find some poor reviews about all the Disney resorts. If you only saw poor reviews and no to few good reviews over time, then I might look to make a change.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the positive reinforcements. I am looking forward to the trip. We always wanted to stay there but never thought we would be able to. We saved up and took the plunge this year and when I read the bad reviews I got nervous. But I think I will take the advice and stop looking at reviews and form my own opinion after. I can't wait we will be there soon!
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Allstar Movies 02

Post Thanks / Like

Just think about it this way. Where would you ask to be moved to? And, what about all the bad reviews THAT resort has online?

Every WDW resort (nay, every hotel) has bad reviews online. You can't really let them influence your decision unless the bad reviews outnumber the good by a significant margin, and all the bad reviews mention the same things. Then you know there is a real problem at that property.

Beach Club is our most favorite WDW resort, period. It's not perfect, but it's darn near close. You are going to have a wonderful time.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

The Beach Club is my home resort. I have tried to stay at different resorts lately to get a feel of what they are all like but each visit - I make a trip over to the Beach Club to just walk around. My first trip was in 1993 and my last trip where I actually stayed at the BC was 2010 and I found it no less appealing. I would stay there each time if I thought I could get away with it. It is my fav.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

We were GF twice a year quests and once we switched to Beach Club (as we went some people who wanted a less expensive resort) we have never been back to GF. My kids love EPCOT - they are a little old to spend as much time at MK and we love that we can walk!
    Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Have never stayed at BC or YC but have visited both. I think both are very nice but I wouldn't want to stay there (I know boooo!!!). It reminds me too much of Cape Cod which is about an hour from where I live and can visit any time. I prefer the other resorts to get the feeling of being "away" from something so familiar to us but that's just how I feel. We stay at WL and absolutely love it. My absolute favorite resort is the Poly because it makes me feel I am on a tropical island somewhere. That being said, if I lived anywhere west of Boston, it would probably be a resort I would visit.

Post Thanks / Like

I also live in the northeast and understand the feeling. We call the WL home but wanted to try a new resort hoping to make the vacation like something different. We are looking forward to the pool and the walk to EPCOT and getting a burger and ice cream at Beaches and Cream. Our only concern is that we will miss a quick service and that we will end up with one of the rooms that people keep commenting about on review sights. Mold? Mildew smell? torn carpets? Dirty rug? I would be quite disappointed even though it is just a place to sleep. We saved up for this trip and are willing to pay the high $$$$ as long as it is deluxe accommodations.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Allstar Movies 02

Share This Thread On Social Media: