Quantcast Never ever again!! - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at ASM twice when we have a large family group going to save some money but usually have a good experience there. This last time, the main problem was the irritating CM that walked up and down the bus lines making repetitious (bad) jokes and singing every day. This is the first time we have experienced even having a CM at the bus line. Not sure what he was being paid for. Also, even at Christmas, our bus rides to the parks was only 30 minutes at the most except one night (late) when an obvious new bus driver didn't know the route and it took us over an hour to get back to the resort. But that being said, I would have called or gone to the desk and complained because at that time of the night, a two year old should not have been outside in the first place. We stay at the Moderates or Deluxes now because most of them have a "quieter" area you can ask for. They are not immune from noise though. We love the Poly but have had problems with people running up and down the halls in the middle of the night laughing and talking also. Transportation is easier at these resorts.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We swore never to stay in any of the Values again about 10 years ago. I would simply not go to WDW before I would ever and I mean ever stay in one of the Values again. I pretty much hate everything about them.

Post Thanks / Like

Really, its a matter of "get what you pay for". We stay at moderates knowing that it will be more spread out and less congestion, but know that we will always encounter long lines at the food court and near the pool areas. This is standard from value to deluxe.
    I think that the values represent a sort of "this is where it all started" for us as frequent Disney travellers. It brings back such fond memories from when our children were tiny and the values met all of our needs at that time. As they get older, we realize that the larger rooms at the moderates are nice as well as the opportunity to have bigger beds is always a plus but to say that we would never go back to a value just because it is louder and people are more ignorant is just plain WRONG. People have their own agendas, whether that be at a value or deluxe. Heck, I've stayed at DVC withfriends who are members and the antics and behavior from those children and parents we witnessed was deplorable. Rather than label one classification of Disney travellers or to judge based on where they stay is (Value, moderate, or deluxe) I feel is not right. I have met some of the greatest people at the value resorts who were there because that is what they could afford and I believe that they probably appreciated the Disney vacation more than some that maybe take for granted that they are at a deluxe resort with all of the amenities and such.
    This is why we always add 2 days of room only on to our vacation and we do stay at the values (Sports this time and then transfer to CBR). To me, the values represent all that is Disney and this includes children excited, laughing, running, having fun, and yes, even the doors slamming in the middle of the night. I expect that going in and it doesn't stress out at all. From the Disney themed grounds to the smaller size and close proximity of the rooms, values can be great if you allow them to be and know what to expect going into it.
    POP 05, 06, 07, 09
    All Star Sports 08
    AKKV 10
    CBR 9/14 -25, 2011
    POR 9/9/2012 - 9/20/2012
    8/31/2013 thru 9/1/2013 All Star Sports
    9/2/2013 thru 9/13/2013 Caribbean Beach Preferred Room

Post Thanks / Like

While I prefer not to stay at the values I would never say never. If that's the only thing I could afford I would never let snobbery keep me from my Disney fun!
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry for the OP issues. But after reading all the anti-All-Stars posts, I had to speak up. I've gone yearly and stay at the All Stars (Music and Movies). I've never had a problem with rude CM, noise or other guests.

I dont spend enough time in the room/resort area to justify paying the extra for moderates, etc. I would rather use that money for experiences, souvenirs, another Disney trip, taking family along and paying their way as a treat, etc.

As the saying goes, your mileage may vary.

But back to the OP, I hope things get better for your trip. Nothing worse than anticipating a fabulous vacation and being disappointed. (well, yeah there are worse things, I know :p).

Sue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneynarula View Post
    While I prefer not to stay at the values I would never say never. If that's the only thing I could afford I would never let snobbery keep me from my Disney fun!
    I don't think snobbery is the issue. If a person or family does not have a good time at a certain resort, it makes no sense to stay there, even if they will save money. I absolutely will never stay at a value again. I gave it three tries, I won't give a fourth. If it ever occurs that I could not afford a deluxe or moderate Disney resort then I would stay somewhere nice off property.
    A lot of people mention that they don't spend a lot of time at their resort, but my husband and I, (just like many families), do. We have very busy lives and stressful careers, when we take a vacation we like to relax at the pool, take a bike ride, walk around the resort, golf, etc. Not just go to the parks. That is why Disney offers different types of resorts, so everyone can find something that will meet their needs for a wonderful vacation. Value resorts work great for some families, while others prefer or need a Moderate or Deluxe to really enjoy their trip. Snobbery is not what keeps people, (most people), away from certain resorts. It's what they need or expect from a resort that makes their decision on where to stay. As it should.

Post Thanks / Like

I would go directly to the front desk and let them know my unhappiness. They would get an earful from me.
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your experience at the value resorts. We usually stay at the values since we don’t spend any time at our hotel. We have stayed at all of the value resorts several times (except AoA) without any real issues (we have encountered smokers outside of the designated areas at all hotels and the parks). We ran into issues at a deluxe resort: nightmare check in which led to the valet service returning our car with a broken key fob, no ice available all week in the quick service area for refillable mugs, broken dryers in the laundry room and very noisy neighbors. I think these issues can happen at any hotel level and may even depend on the time of the year you visit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    So sorry to hear you are having a bad stay! I would be so angry too. I would go straight to the front desk at 1am and demand a manager. It is not acceptable for another guest to be making so much noise that your sleep is impacted like that. Try and get moved to another resort for the rest of your stay.
    I agree with Natalie - I know this is too late now, but if something like this every happens again, give WDW a chance to fix it right on the spot.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Never again,,

I have a tough time with this one, mind you, we also switched from staying at Pop for SEVERAL years in a row, last straw was also rude cast members AND our non smoking room reeked of SMOKE!! We now stay at moderate resorts.
    A couple of years ago, my DD's and I experienced the Pirates and Pals event, which was a nice experience. However, once on the boat to watch the fireworks, there was a family whose toddler was either over tired or suffering from an ailment of some sort and screamed the entire time while on the boat. NO ONE could console the child, the mother was beside herself and could not hold back her own tears...I wanted to cry right with her, seeing her pain and feeling her pain...It is not something a parent PLANS on occurring, to bother other guests...and, most likely it was only 1 night, right? I recall many sleepless nights with sick children, I don't miss them at all, but, sure do sympathize with the families.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: