Quantcast My Dining Reviews (VERY LONG) - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for taking the time to write these reviews. They were very enjoyable to read. Now I want to go to 'Ohanas, you have convinced me to book it for our August trip.
    Missy

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I just got a reservation for Be Our Guest!!!!
    anyone have a review?
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reviews. I was considering a lot of these places for our December trip.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Post Thanks / Like

Yum, I'm hungry now thanks for the reviews

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

A couple new reviews.
    Just got back a couple weeks ago and added a couple new ones.

Fultons-Dinner
    we used the dining plan and it cost two dining credits.
    The food was awesome. atmosphere was really good. I had a steak and it might have been the best steak I had ever had, well, up to that point. things changed later. LOL.
    I liked it because it was downtown Disney. We had kind of a late reservation, so by the time we were done Downtown Disney was hopping. I highly recommend this.

Sanaa-Dinner-Animal Kingdom Lodge-
    this dinner was interesting. first of all you dine looking at a savannah with animals out side. I liked this. It was really kind of a laid back atmosphere. the food was so tasteful. SOme or it very good taste and some not so good. I had no idea what to order, so the waiter was very and I man very patient and he helped me order. I had some flat bread w/ sauces for appetizer. I had nine sauces. 3 mild, 3 medium, and 3 hot. one of the hot sauces could have taken paint off the walls, all the sauces were tastey.
    for dinner had a combination of 3 different meats, the waiter ordered them. the creamy chicken was incredible.
    for desert had a fruit moose. it was so good, but I've never had anything so small. maybe the size of half dollar coin.
    I will go back to this restaurant.

Be our guest-Lunch-
    don't be fooled by the long line or wait time. they said 40 minutes but it was only 25 minutes. and well worth it. dining in the hall is awesome. so beautiful.
    had a tuna salad the first time and very good, and the pot roast on the second visit. both delicious. you order and then sit at a table and they will bring the food to you. for desert they have the most awesome cupcakes ever.
    you can use a counter service for the lunch and a snack credit for an extra cupcake.
    if you can't get dinner reservations, use the lunch. you won't regret it.

Rose and crown-Epcot-dinner
    awesome steak. we ate early. if you can, try dine later around 8 or 9 so you can see illuminations. it would be a great view.
    it was a great dining experience.

The California Grille-dinner
    I went as a kid, and what I remember it was great, but never remembered why. after dinner, I now know why.
    this was awesome. watched the fireworks from the walkway. great view, and they pipe in the music. then dinner.
    we had a ribeye and I might say, holy crud. this was soooooo good. they had some sauce on top. I swear, if there wouldn't have been people around, I might have licked the plate. LOL.
    IT is the best steak I have ever had.
    2 dining credits, but so worth it.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

California Grill is a big favorite for me, too. The whole experience is outstanding. I'm glad you had fun, and good meals.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice reviews. I wish/hope Disney is paying attention to sites like this one, and using the comments to improve things at places like the SciFi Drive-In, for example.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness, this must have taken you quite awhile to write. Thank you so much! It was very informative and also made my mouth start watering! Can't wait for our next trip!
    Next up - January '14 - WL

March '13 - POR; May '12 - AKL; Oct. '12 - GF; Feb '11 - SSR; Oct '10 - BC; Feb '09 - Poly; Feb '08 - WL; Feb '06 - POR; April '04 - ASM; Nov '02 - POR; Jan '00 - CSR; Feb '98 - POR; Oct '96 - CBR; Sept '94 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with so much of your review. Boma is always on our short list. Love the atmosphere, soups, and the exotic spices they use in most dishes.

Speaking of atmosphere, I think the San Angel Inn has it in spades. And I love to break out the old Espanol and chit chat with the wait staff. I've often heard the it said that the food is nothing special, and I guess that might be so, but I just love Mexican food, so I'm easy to please there.

'Ohanas is on the list too. We brought my sis and her little ones there, and they just loved the entertainment and activities. We just love being at the Poly in general.

Re Chefs de France, I've heard quite a few complaints about the service, but our experience was very good. And the setting is great too, imo. I kind of enjoy having the tables close to each other, just like most places in Paris. You tend to mingle more.

Thanks for the reviews.
    "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. In just five minutes...."

Post Thanks / Like

I have two more dining reviews that I experienced on my last trip.

Artist Point-Wilderness Lodge
    I heard from a fellow Disney fan that this had the best steak on property. I will have to say based on that recommendation, I was very disappointed. The steak was good, not great, and I would list it as maybe a top 10, not top 5 steak on property.
    I had a tuna appetizer and that was awesome. Highly recommend that.
    The service was excellent, very good wait staff.
    The best part was the resort itself. It was one of the coolest resorts I have seen and would to stay there on the day I win the lottery. It was beautiful.

Hollywood & Vine-Hollywood studios
    Breakfast.
    I actually honestly went here on a research trip. I am going back w/ my son in November and he loves Jake, and all the Disney playhouse characters.
    It was wonderful, and I know my son will love it. the food was buffett style, and very good.
    they had all the characters walking around and every 20 minutes or so do a show. THey got the kids and some adults involved. It was very lively and entertaining. The hosts of the shows were very enthusiastic and did a wonderful job of putting on a good show.

so that's it till next trip. we have some new places to go, so i'll add more later.

Post Thanks / Like

What do you think of The Garden Grill in Epcot?

Post Thanks / Like

Some more to add-

O'hana for breakfast-I have to say that this was very disapointing. The only good thing was the characters and atmosphere. My niece loves Stitch, so we went. The breakfast is honestly nothing you couldn't get at your resort. For the price, really not worth it.

Homecoming-Disney springs-excellent. fried chicken. the sides were excellent, the staff couldn't have been any friendlier. The chicken was so tasty. and the best part was the desert. we had a cake that was better than any desert i've had. and i've had a lot of desert. LOL

STK steak house. I can't say enough good about this. It is dressed up, but we went in our disney clothes and we were ok. I can say this was not my favorite meal at DIsney, it might be my favorite meal of all time. I had the ribeye, the sides are seperate but you can share them family style. Each steak comes w/ a topping and sauce. I had crab topping and the sauce was something the waiter recommended. I had it medium well, and it was cooked perfectly. Now it is extemly expensive. But it was so worth it.

Jungle navitagor (or something like that) magic kingdom. Realy disappointing. The food was different, which is ok, as long as it taste good, but this did not. my gf got the whole fish, and when i say the whole fish, i mean the whole fish. she couldn't eat it because the eyeballs were still in it, and she sent it back. i had the chicken, i think, that's how unmemorable it was. I didn't finish it, It just didn't taste good at all. maybe others liked it. now, the atmosphere and back story and design were awesome.

Tusker House for thanksgiving- thought i'd throw this in as we ate there last thanksgiving. It was excellent. Not a big turkery lover but they had 3 different turkeys and they were all so good. I highly recommend if you'll be there for thanksgiving.

Be Our Guest breakfast-MK Not a lot i can say. It was very good. the atmosphere was excellent.

Morimor Asia (I know i spelled this wrong)-disney springs. WOW WOW WOW. I loved this place. sushi was awesome. the ribs fell off the bone. we all shared our meals, and it everything was excellent. the atmosphere was very nice and the wait staff was excellent as well...

well that is all for now.. I should never do these when i'm an hour from lunch, now i'm very hungry. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Good evening. Got back a couple weeks ago and tried a couple new restaurants I thought I would add.

Garden grill. Epcot. I only went there because there was not a wait as I was going by. I have to say I was very impressed. My sister had wanted to go there the last couple trips and I vetoed it. It just didn’t seem that appetizing to me but it was very good. Comfort food. And a lot of it. I don’t know if I would go out of my way to go here again but I would definitely go back if others wanted too

Yak and yeti ak.
    I was very surprised. My waiter was average at best but the food blew be away. Not sure why I have always avoided it but that won’t happen in the future. Everyone needs to try that at least once I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Well now I'm rethinking my choices. Thanks for your reviews. We're staying at the Polynesian and I think we'll be adding Ohana.
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

We just tried Yak & Yeti in March and I was surprised how good it was. I also for no particular reason had also avoided this one but this time I really wanted to try it and we all loved it. It was definitely one of our best during the trip. Something for everyone. Our server was great.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your reviews. I was very interested in your negative review of Chefs de France. The service has always been poor when I've been there solo-frankly I attributed it to the fact that I've always had servers who are more interested in flirting with the pretty, young girls at nearby tables, and completely ignoring the grandmotherly-type solo. And the last time DH and I went, he's eaten in France many times and he was very disappointed in the food. Others like it, though.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: