Quantcast Suggestions on an inexpensive 1 night stay outside of disney

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Suggestions on an inexpensive 1 night stay outside of disney

Hey Everybody.
    We are driving down to Orlando. We intend on staying at an inexpensive hotel for 1 night in the Orlando area. The purpose of this is to unwind from the long drive. The plan is to get up early the next day and check in to the Art of Animation (early) and head to the parks.
    So for that 1 night, does anyone have a suggestion for an inexpensive motel ?
    Question #2) would you stay at an inexpensive motel ($60 or less) or go for a slightly more expensive one ($70 to $110), and if so which one ?

Thanks Everyone
    Oh there will be 3 of us (me DW & DD (11))...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are going for a slightly more expensive one, you should just go to A of A, same price unless you are getting a suite...then get a regular room, or go to the pop...and walk across the bridge the next morning.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely stay at a value the night before. We've done it before we've checked into our resort and even though it's a place to grab some food and put our head, we're at Disney.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Should you stay at a slightly less expensive ($60ish) or go with one more expensive?

I think it all depends on your family's comfort level and needs.

If you're getting in late and your only goal is to have a good room to crash in, you probably won't be taking advantage of pool/fitness room and you probably won't care how kept the grounds are. In that case, you'll be fine with a $60ish room.

Another pro of a cheaper motel/hotel is that you're less likely to pay for parking.

I'd read a lot of reviews on travel websites to make sure you're still getting the basic needs, like somewhat polite service, a clean room, and a safe location.

I hear you on wanting to just find a place to crash and recharge your batteries to drive into Disney feeling upbeat and refresh! Sometimes regular motels are a less hassle than pulling up to a huge check in process, parking your car in a garage (more expensive places change for parking), finding your building, and going through all the motions.

As far as suggestions go, I'm not sure at the moment, but I may get back to you! There are SO MANY hotels in Orlando (check disney area, universal area) and consider how much you want to drive that morning.

Post Thanks / Like

We stay off-site the night before our WDW check-in after our long drive. In the past we have stayed at the Magic Castle Inn and Suite. It was around $50 for the night. Nothing special but the staff was friendly and the price was right. We are going back in August and plan to stay there again.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Our last trip we decided on spur of the moment to leave a day early with the intentions of staying at a "cheap" off site location that night and wake up and check into POR the next day, we ended up staying at POP for $79 that night, it was the cheapest place we found in the immediate area that we were willing to stay at. It worked out great, showered, ate, drove over to POR, and our room was actually ready, so we unpacked and hit the parks! We will be doing the same thing again this September, only this time I will be booking a room more than 2 hours in advance!
    "Are we there yet mom?" "Can we go to Disney World tomorrow?" Lots of visits & we keep on going!
    Next trip:
    9/18/2013

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: