Quantcast Disney Visa Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Visa Question

So, we just applied and were approved for a Disney Visa card. When the flyer showed up in the mail, and the offer was for a free $200 gift card after spending $500, we couldn't resist!

My question is, if you use the card to take advantage of the 0% vacation fiancing, do they keep that charge separate, or is it one of those deals where if you then charge something else, you will have to pay interest on the total?

We have decided to tack on a 3 day cruise to the front end of our week at WDW in August and want to pay for that with the Disney visa card for the 0% for 6 months financing, but we also plan to use that card exclusively between now and our trip to rack up as many reward dollars as we can to use during the land portion of our vacation. I just want to make sure that the charges will remain separate and I can apply separate payments to the cruise portion over the period of 6 months.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I did some searching because for some reason I think you get extra reward dollars too and wanted to let you know if you do, if its a disney vacation but I couldn't remember. But I did find something that says you get an extra $50.00 "on board credit" when you use the card for a disney cruise! So make sure you get that!
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if you can designate where your payment is applied exactly, but the amount of your vacation will remain interest free despite other charges being applied...might want to call Chase and ask about it.

On the subject of racking up Disney rewards dollars though, don't forget to pay for whatever household bills you can with it (and then just send a check, or online pymt), you would be surprised how THAT adds up. I always pay my phone/car insurance etc.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MargaretMessler View Post
    I don't know if you can designate where your payment is applied exactly, but the amount of your vacation will remain interest free despite other charges being applied...might want to call Chase and ask about it.

On the subject of racking up Disney rewards dollars though, don't forget to pay for whatever household bills you can with it (and then just send a check, or online pymt), you would be surprised how THAT adds up. I always pay my phone/car insurance etc.
    Yes, we currently use an AMEX Gold card for all our daily expenses. We rack up a lot of rewards points that way that we use for free airfare. However, we recently used up most of those points, so our points balance is low. Once we get this Disney Visa, I will be using it rather than the AMEX for awhile, at least.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    I did some searching because for some reason I think you get extra reward dollars too and wanted to let you know if you do, if its a disney vacation but I couldn't remember. But I did find something that says you get an extra $50.00 "on board credit" when you use the card for a disney cruise! So make sure you get that!
    I did see that. Thanks for the reminder!
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

This is the same info I was interested in also. I just applied and was approved for my Disney Visa! Can't wait to get it and start racking up dollars for our next Disney vacation!
    Ashley
    Wife to James
    Mom to Cassidy & Kenzie
    Disney Honeymoon~~Aug. '02 Off Property
    1st Family Trip~~Feb. '13 ASMovies
    Surprise Trip!! Dec. 2014!!! Off Property
    Next trip booked! July 2015! Wyndham Bonnet Creek!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    So, we just applied and were approved for a Disney Visa card. When the flyer showed up in the mail, and the offer was for a free $200 gift card after spending $500, we couldn't resist!

My question is, if you use the card to take advantage of the 0% vacation fiancing, do they keep that charge separate, or is it one of those deals where if you then charge something else, you will have to pay interest on the total?

We have decided to tack on a 3 day cruise to the front end of our week at WDW in August and want to pay for that with the Disney visa card for the 0% for 6 months financing, but we also plan to use that card exclusively between now and our trip to rack up as many reward dollars as we can to use during the land portion of our vacation. I just want to make sure that the charges will remain separate and I can apply separate payments to the cruise portion over the period of 6 months.
    my husband applied and got a whole new card for our last trip and he got a $250 gift card, and of course that trip was 0% financing.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

My understanding is that 0% financing is for any qualified vacation package.

"Get 0% APR Special Vacation Financing for 6 months on select Disney Resort packages, all Adventures by Disney® packages, all Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai‘i vacation packages, all Disney Cruise Line® packages (collectively, Disney Vacation Packages), and all purchases of a real estate interest in a Disney Vacation Club® Resort. The rate applies to purchases of $101 up to a maximum of $10,000 per transaction."

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I have had my Disney Chase card for some time now. I think the question was do they charge interest on the vacation after the grace period or is it the total.

When I have charged a Disney vacation the statement will show the charge for the vacation. It will show separate charges such as food, gas, or other non Disney charges.

They will charge interest on the non Disney vacation items and not the vacation items until you reach you 6 month date.

It is pretty clear. For the rewards you must have at least 20 before you can get the rewards card, after that you will only need 10 to load on the same card.

Hope this helps...
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
    I have had my Disney Chase card for some time now. I think the question was do they charge interest on the vacation after the grace period or is it the total.

When I have charged a Disney vacation the statement will show the charge for the vacation. It will show separate charges such as food, gas, or other non Disney charges.

They will charge interest on the non Disney vacation items and not the vacation items until you reach you 6 month date.

It is pretty clear. For the rewards you must have at least 20 before you can get the rewards card, after that you will only need 10 to load on the same card.

Hope this helps...
    Do you know if you can apply payments to the vacation portion of the bill?

Example:
    Vacation portion is $2000
    Monthly charges are $3500
    I send in a payment of $4000. Can I have it set up such that the $3500 gets paid off and the additional $500 goes to the vacation? Or, will they apply any payments first to the 0% portion of the bill and then to the rest? That is what I am wondering about.

I don't want to pay interest charges.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen that they do as they want to get interest from the non Disney charges.
    They have applied my payments to the Disney charges.

I also think that the customer would get upset if they saw that their vacation balance was not going down.

I really like my card since I visit probably more than I should...

Another trip in December and more reward points. Darn!
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Here's how you avoid paying any interest on your Disney Visa if you are carrying an interest free promotion:

Each month, make sure you pay off any other charges you have put on the card. (It clearly shows current charges on the top of the statement.) Then, to that total, make sure you add the minimum payment required.

They will apply all of the total to cover current charges then apply the balance to the promotional amount.

We have used this card for years and, in fact, have upgraded to premium with the annual fee and double points on dining, groceries, gas and anything Disney. Now we have accumulated well over $1000 in Rewards $$s.
    10/85 Off Site
    2/88 Disney Vil
    10/90 Disney Vil
    10/93 CB & GF
    5/94 WL
    12/95 Cont
    10/98 WL & CS
    12/00 DixLand & Poly
    12/04 Cabins & YC
    10/05 POFQ
    5/07 Cont & BCV
    10/07 Pop
    12/08 POR!
    5/09 Poly!
    5/10 WL
    10/10 POFQ
    5/11 CS
    10/11 PORS & BW
    5/12 Pop
    6/12 gave in & just moved

Post Thanks / Like

My apologies for completely misunderstanding the question. Sorry about that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MargaretMessler View Post
    I always pay my phone/car insurance etc.
    We've had the card for daily expenses for awhile now, and it only recently occurred to me to see if I could put monthly bills on it, like you mentioned. Otherwise, I just pay with old fashioned checks. I have to look into this! Did you have to set it up as an automatic, recurring monthly payment, or do you manually pay each month?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    We've had the card for daily expenses for awhile now, and it only recently occurred to me to see if I could put monthly bills on it, like you mentioned. Otherwise, I just pay with old fashioned checks. I have to look into this! Did you have to set it up as an automatic, recurring monthly payment, or do you manually pay each month?
    I think it depends on the company you're dealing with. I have JCP&L and Verizon set up on auto pay so they do it automatically every month. For some smaller vendors I need to go in each month and pay by CC.

Be careful though, some vendors do charge a % to pay by cc, PSE&G and my RE taxes both want 3%. It's disclosed when you try to sign up.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    I'm sure you can do either, but I just make my payments manually. Then once it posts to my Disney Visa I just send Chase a payment from my checking account.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Natalie, they accept your payment first on the non-package portion, and then apply the remainder of your payment towards the 0% portion.

Note that I mentioned package. I am sure that the cruises are a whole separate gig, but from experience I know that to get the 0% financing for a Disney World vacation it must be a package which includes room and park tickets. We've only been able to use the 0% on two occasions, as we were passholders and it was much better to get the A/P discounts versus the 0% financing.

We still have one day base tix each from 2009 when you had to purchase a minimum of a one-day park ticket to be considered a package. I am sure MJ can clarify any details for you!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Carol, Cruises count towards the 0% financing offer as well. It is stated explicitly in the paperwork as well as on the Disney Cruise Line website.

Other than that, we NEVER get packages.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering if there is a way to apply for the Disney Visa card and get the $200 gc promotion other than it being offered to you ?

Thanks.

Donald Duck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Duck View Post
    Just wondering if there is a way to apply for the Disney Visa card and get the $200 gc promotion other than it being offered to you ?

Thanks.

Donald Duck
    Not that I'm aware of. When you go to apply, they ask for a specific "invitation" number that is located on the mailing sent.

You can apply for the Disney Premier Visa and the current offer is $100 Gift Card, but that card carries a $49 annual fee.
    Natalie

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: