Quantcast Sanaa- Singing the Praises!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sanaa- Singing the Praises!

We just arrived home last night from our trip. We tried Sanaa at Kidani Village/AK for the first time and it was really something special. If you haven't tried it or are afraid to, you should go. My husband and I dined here for lunch on our first day. We did not have a ressie but we walked in around noon and were seated immediately. We had one of the window seats and were able to watch the animals on the savannah. The food was delicious! The bread service was a must have. At lunch you can choose 3 breads (5 are offered) and 3 spreads/accompanyments. At dinner you get all 5 breads and a choice of 5 spreads. That alone was worth it. In fact if you aren't super hungry, you could make a meal of just the bread service. For lunch I had the Tandoori shrimp which was served open face sandwich style on the naan bread (similar to a soft, warm, chewy pita bread but a lot larger). The shrimp are seasoned and cooked in a special oven. So good! We enjoyed it so much we booked it for dinner a few nights later. Dinner was busy and we were glad we had a reservation. We called the day before and got in around 8:15 pm which was fine for us. They also offer several wine flights and have a large collection of south African wines. We never had room for dessert so can't comment on that unfortunately. We thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The wait staff was very helpful in answering questions- we had several since we aren't very familiar with Indian style cuisine. We will definitely be back next trip. Everything was just so flavorful and unexpected.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. We tried this place for the first time last fall. We're going back in August with our two oldest (who didn't make the trip last time). They're both foodies, and it really is a spectacular setting...they should love it.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

It's one of our favorites, too. Glad you tried and enjoyed it.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

My family tried Sanaa for the first time last year. It is definitely on our must do list again for this year! Glad you enjoyed your meal. It really is something special.
    May 2019 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    May 2015 - Disney Cruise Line - Fantasy
    July 2014 - PO Riverside Royal Guest
    July 2013 - Polynesian
    Sepy 2000 & Mar 2012 - PO French Quarter
    May 2010 & Aug 2016- POP Century
    Aug 2007 - PO Riverside AB
    Aug 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2008 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Sanaa... a treasure! Tried this place in 2011 on a recommendation, and was NOT disappointed... I always recommend Sanaa to friends who ask where they should dine...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you enjoyed it. I was there in 2011 and hope to return in a month.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

shhhh.... don't tell everyone!!
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds soooo good...my mom is a picky eater and doesn't care to experiment with other cuisines other than traditional American dishes or Italian...is there something there that she would eat?

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I have a silly question: can you eat there if you're not staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge?
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Yes anyone can eat there. You just let security at the gate know where you are going and you are in!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC2004 View Post
    Yes anyone can eat there. You just let security at the gate know where you are going and you are in!
    Great! Thank you.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I ate at Sanaa last year and enjoyed it, but was slightly disappointed in one of the entrees (I don't remember which). I agree, though, that the bread service is excellent.
    2014: BC; 2013: CS; 2012: POR, Dolphin; 2011: Hilton, Dolphin; 2010: POFQ, CSR; 2009: POFQ; 2008: HoJo DL, Royal Plaza; 2007: Saratoga; 2006: POP, BV, CSR; 2005: AS-Mu, Off-site, POFQ; 2004: POFQ, AS-Mo; 2003: CSR, AS-Mo, Royal Plaza; 2002: AS-Mu; AS-Mu, CBR, Off-site; 2001: WL; 2000: Landings/Magic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC2004 View Post
    If you're using Disney transportation, you don't have to let security know. Just get off a bus and go right in. Just adding that in case. Some people don't know. You can eat at any Disney resort, even if you are not staying there. You can also use Disney transportation to get to other resorts, even if you aren't staying there.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Good point! We always rent a car so I forget. Yes you can also hop a Disney Bus to the Resort. This restaurant is in the DVC Kidani Village section.

Post Thanks / Like

Sanaa is on our list for the next trip! (Of course that won't be for another two years, but I can look forward to it, can't I?)

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

We recently dined at Sanaa on our last trip and loved it. As others have said, the bread service is fantastic. We couldn't decide on the accompaniments, so we got all nine!

I had the Spicy Durban Chicken and the Sustainable Fish as part of the two meats slow cooked in gravy entree. Both were great.

We made it a special point to ask for a seat by the window and it made the experience so much better. It was a cooler day and the animals were walking right by our table. It is definitely a must-do!
    Next Up: 2015-10 BWI/Fantasy Cruise
    2015-04 CBR
    2014-10 POFQ
    2014-01 DLH
    2013-04 WL
    2012-10 POLY Honeymoon with Goofy89
    2011-09 - CSR
    2011-01 - BLT
    2009-01 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed! Love Sanaa. Went once a few trips ago and plan to go again this trip at the end of May. Great for our two vegetarian DDs! We all love Indian/Nepalese food - naan bread, curries, etc. and this is some of the best we've had. Hope we get to see animals this time - we usually go to WDW in the fall so sun sets earlier, but this time we'll have about an hour's worth of light!
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everyone - Sanaa is amazing! Just make sure you discuss your choices with the server, especially if you don't like spicy food. I'd rather taste the food than have my mouth on fire, so this eliminated quite a few choices for me. There's still plenty to eat, though!

Also, I have to mention the Chai Cream in the dessert sampler. It is a-maz-ing! Sweet, creamy, cinnamon-y. The last time we went, we asked for three Chai Creams on the sampler and they were happy to oblige. Heaven in a cup!
    Tina

Family Vacation July 2014 - Water Parks, here we come!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: