Quantcast When to go?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: When to go?

Post Thanks / Like

Default When to go?

While we know our children would likely enjoy DL at almost any age, we are trying to determine when might be the best age to go. Given the distance and flight costs, we figure we might be able to take them twice in their childhood. They are currently 1, 2, and 4. I should also mention that if height matters for a lot, our oldest still hasn't reached 40 inches. One thing I was thinking about was whether we should wait until the youngest was 40 inches. We haven't worried about this at WDW, but we have been fortunate to travel there more regularly. I appreciate any advice. Thank you!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I'd wait a couple of years. While the youngest may enjoy it at one year old, he will not have a memory of it. I think our kids' fondest childhood memories of Disneyland are from between the ages of 5 and 13.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the advice and for responding. We are definitely leaning towards waiting, but it is always helpful to hear the experience of others.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I believe that some of the best memories for YOU are when they are younger!! It is nice to go at different ages so that you can see their personalities grow in the new surrounding. I wouldn't worry too much about height as most things are kid friendly with an adult along of course. For us, cost is always a factor and frankly, you aren't paying more than lap for the younger ones for flights and no tickets into the parks which is nice for all! I'd say go for it. We have done those ages in Disney several times over the years and never regretted it!
    Sarah K.
    85-87 Campground - 89 CAbins
    91 The Tree House Villas - 2001 Nov. Lake Buena Vista Best W.
    2002 Movies - 2002 Sports
    2003 Music - 2004 Cabins
    2006 DW Movies
    2013 DisneyLand- Embassy Suites S
    2014 Disneyland-Anaheim Plaza
    2015 Disneyworld Sports
    2017 DL?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_pups2 View Post
    Personally I believe that some of the best memories for YOU are when they are younger!! It is nice to go at different ages so that you can see their personalities grow in the new surrounding. I wouldn't worry too much about height as most things are kid friendly with an adult along of course. For us, cost is always a factor and frankly, you aren't paying more than lap for the younger ones for flights and no tickets into the parks which is nice for all! I'd say go for it. We have done those ages in Disney several times over the years and never regretted it!
    I agree! Remember when they are under 3 they are free to get in and I believe 2 and under on flights they can fly free on the lap! So that would save you some money now. It will be fun for everyone while you are there. No, the little ones probably won't remember the trip, but you guys can still make some memories! However, if you really want them to "maybe" remember the trip, then you will have to wait several more years. See what makes the most sense for your family and enjoy whenever you decide is best to go! Watch for flight deals, Southwest just started one that could save you quite a bit!
    Dreaming of Disney World every day, until I can get back there again!
    Disneyland at least a dozen times growing up!
    July 1997- Wilderness Lodge (HS Graduation)
    December 2009 & 2010- POP Century (7th & 8th Wedding Anniversaries)
    November 2011, April 2012, October 2012, January 2013 Disneyland

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: