Quantcast I got up early for this!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry I got up early for this!!

SO it's Saturday and I have a 7 month old so I am soooo sleep deprived BUT I got up anyway at 5:50a to book my ADRs. I pre-planned and made sure my account was ready to go, added my reservation and the "My Disney Experience" page says I'm at 180 days, so in I go and can't get the reservation I want for my first day of the trip so I put in any old ressie to get going and now I can't book anymore. The +10 days did not light up magically!! What gives?? I am so frustrated right now and exhausted!
    ~~ Layne ~~

Sept 14 -- Finally just us!!

Sept 13 - POR
    Oct 11 -- Disneyland
    July 10 -- Day Trip
    May 09 -- Poly
    Dec 07 -- Poly
    Sept 06 -- PO French Quarter
    June 98 -- Day Trip
    Aug 97 -- Coronado
    July 84 -- Poly
    July 82 -- Contemporary
    July 80 -- Contemporary
    July 78 -- Buena Vista

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, posts like this make me so sad. I don't subscribe to the ADR madness myself, but for people that do, it must be maddening.

Did you try calling? The My Disney Experience site is SO horrible. If they don't fix it, they are in for quite a PR disaster.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

You should call ASAP!!! That happened to me last trip and when I Called they made all the ADRs for me.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

It might be worth mentioning that the current website is really not reliable for doing ANYTHING. Calling is a much better option.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    It might be worth mentioning that the current website is really not reliable for doing ANYTHING. Calling is a much better option.
    I am sad. A company with access to so much skill and talent is seemingly unable to put together websites that can work reliably. Even worse, they leave such websites in production (to the frustration of their customers) rather than closing it until it is actually ready.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry! The new webiste is so frustrating!!!

I had to make my ADR's on firefox, since I could get to the old site that way, anything else just kept giving an error.

Frustration all around - not good Disney!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Same thing happened to me last month. The dear wife started to dial right at 7 am and we spoke to cast member who was very helpful. We got all our ressies we wanted! I work 2nd shift and was up at 5:30am ready with 2 computers a tablet and my iPhone. All that technology was useless and the wife was laughing at me when she got right in on the phone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I couldn't agree more.

The "new" site is pathetic... It's not just a few kinks, the thing just doesn't work. There are so many complaints about it - people are flabbergasted! They can't even make payments online (wouldn't Disney want to fix THAT aspect?! $$$).
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Same exact thing happened to me 2 years in a row now. I am CST so I get up and am at my computer at 5:00 am here (6 am disney time) and I cannot get the program to let me book any reservations. I couldn't even do my first reservation because it is not on my 1st day of vacation. Then I call the dining line and have to use the auto system first before it gets me to a live person. I know that the auto system won't work if the internet booking wouldn't work. Luckily I got a super nice cast member named Sawyer who booked all of my ADRs for me.

My question is: With all of the castmembers and talent and resources that disney has - why is their dining website SOOOOOOO slow and SOOOOOO hard to use??? It baffles me. Why can't they make a website that works??
    POFQ 09/2013, 09/2014, 09/2015
    WL 09/2011, 09/2012
    POR 09/2010, 09/2009, 09/2008, 05/2007, 05/2006, 05/2004,
    AKL 05/2003
    POR 05/2001, 10/98
    Next POP 9/2016
    All Star Sports 09/95
    Honeymoon Dixie Landings Aug 1994
    1978 first visit to Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

I was very skeptical of making my ADRs for August using the online system, but felt compelled since the online system opened an hour before the phone lines, especially since I wanted several hard to get ADRs (BOG, CM, CP, Ohanas, etc). I have to say it was an enjoyable experience, started at 6am, all done by 6:20 with all of my first choices.

Post Thanks / Like

We still only use phone system to make reservations. We trust the online system for absolutely nothing.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Default New website

They are having issues with the new website. We are having the same troubles, I have made several calls, emails, etc...they say to be patient...kind of hard when nothing seems to change each time you check the new site. If you need to make ressies, I would call...

Post Thanks / Like

I love the idea of doing it online and I HOPED that I would be back in bed by 630a, no such luck! After trying over and over again I just kept getting errors except for Victoria & Alberts, I could have booked that for every day of my trip, lol!! I did call right at 7am but I first had to go thru the automated system like noted above, which didn't work because I was trying to book CA Grill (which unbeknownst to me was not taking reservations due to the rehab). Finally about 720a I connected to a cast member who was very calm and helpful, I mention calm because I really needed that at that point. Her soft ways relaxed me . So she booked all but 2 of my ADRs and BOG I have but not at the time I would like so I will try back on that one.

This was my first experience with the online system, what a shame it's not always working because it is a great system (so it seems). Just glad that I got my ADRs and 45 more minutes sleep before my little princess woke up
    ~~ Layne ~~

Sept 14 -- Finally just us!!

Sept 13 - POR
    Oct 11 -- Disneyland
    July 10 -- Day Trip
    May 09 -- Poly
    Dec 07 -- Poly
    Sept 06 -- PO French Quarter
    June 98 -- Day Trip
    Aug 97 -- Coronado
    July 84 -- Poly
    July 82 -- Contemporary
    July 80 -- Contemporary
    July 78 -- Buena Vista

Post Thanks / Like

We are traveling 9/3 to 9/8 and I had no issues using the online system. I just booked this trip and went on over the weekend with no issues and got everything we wanted. I wasn't looking for the difficult ones like CRT so maybe that was it. I like the online option.
    CBR (Martinique Bldg 25): April 2006
    CBR (Jamaica Bldg 45): October 2007
    POR (Alligator Bayou 18): March/April 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2011
    POFQ: September 2013
    POFQ: September 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem last Thursday. I could only make one reservation. The online system would not recognize that I could make +10 days worth of ADRs. I called Disney Dining at 7:00 and had no problem. Talked to a wonderful CM who made all my ressies, most for the exact time I wanted.

The only issue now is that only the first ADR I made online appears on My Disney Experience. I've tried inputting them manually, and the system finds the reservation, but is not able to hook it up to my other reservations.
    Donna

Post Thanks / Like

I have never booked online! Is My Disney Experience a different/specific website for dining only? Also, can you book starting the day of your vacation, or do you have to call each day? Like if we want to go at the end of our stay to BOG, that is day 186..do I need to wait a few days later than making them for the start of our trip? Thanks!!
    2 TRIPS AS A CHILD!
    00-CBR 1st trip with now husband!
    05 ASM
    07 CR & 1st MNSSHP
    08 POFQ MNSSHP
    09 BW MNSSHP
    10 AKL MNSSHP
    11 CS MNSSHP!
    12 Two DL Trips & MNSSHP
    13 POLY MNSSHP
    14 WL MNSSHP
    15 POLY MNSSHP
    16 CS & 10th MNSSHP
    17 POR & MNSSHP
    18 AKL 1st MVMCP
    19 POR MNSSHP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    We still only use phone system to make reservations. We trust the online system for absolutely nothing.
    Ditto!
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

That stinks that you have had an awful experience. I took have been up every day this week at 6 am CST to make sure we get what we want. So far, so good with the online system.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    I am sad. A company with access to so much skill and talent is seemingly unable to put together websites that can work reliably. Even worse, they leave such websites in production (to the frustration of their customers) rather than closing it until it is actually ready.
    I've said this for years. For a multimedia entertainment company, their website(s) are awful.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

One thing that happened to me using My Disney Experience was I decided to change one of my ADR times. All the ADR's that I had made were listed and I went in to make the cange and the site asked if I wanted to cancel an ARD for a restaurant I did not even make. Once I have everything decided I plan to call to confirm all my ADR's. I don't want to have some ghost reservation out there that may cost me since some restaurants require a credit card to confirm. When I first tried to make the ADR's the site could no even find my reservation number....Hopefully all these little problems will get worked out. I liked the other site better but then again I don't like change.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: