Quantcast Diapers and ride on bike for park

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Diapers and ride on bike for park

hi, I will be flying to disney next month. Do you suggest i have diapers and wipes shipped to my hotel? I think that would be the cheapest way (ship right from babies r us)

my daughter is 18 months. she likes the stroller but sometimes doesnt. She does like this bike she sits in and i push. did anyone ever bring one to disney? If i bring it to the park can i leave it locked up somewhere if i choose not to use it that day?

thanks!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you can ship diapers and wipes to your hotel -- that would be easier than bringing a whole box in your suitcase!

As far as the ride-on bike, unfortunately they're not allowed. Neither are wagons. Only strollers are allowed at the Disney parks. Also, if you choose to bring a stroller, they don't allow any of them to be locked during the day (as in locking the wheels or bike chaining them to a tree, for example) because the cast members need to move strollers periodically throughout the day to make space and tidy up the stroller parking areas. Your lock will be cut off.

I would strongly suggest bringing the stroller for an 18 month old. Especially one that can recline so they can nap. Even if your daughter doesn't normally like the stroller very much at home, you'd be surprised how tired they get at WDW and want to nap or take a break in there. It's a busy, tiring day for little ones at the parks!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

thanks!!! and what about a strap to strap to my daugher if she wants to walk. I used to hate those things but if she wants to walk holding her hand the entire time might not work

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Yes, you can ship diapers and wipes to your hotel -- that would be easier than bringing a whole box in your suitcase!

As far as the ride-on bike, unfortunately they're not allowed. Neither are wagons. Only strollers are allowed at the Disney parks. Also, if you choose to bring a stroller, they don't allow any of them to be locked during the day (as in locking the wheels or bike chaining them to a tree, for example) because the cast members need to move strollers periodically throughout the day to make space and tidy up the stroller parking areas. Your lock will be cut off.

I would strongly suggest bringing the stroller for an 18 month old. Especially one that can recline so they can nap. Even if your daughter doesn't normally like the stroller very much at home, you'd be surprised how tired they get at WDW and want to nap or take a break in there. It's a busy, tiring day for little ones at the parks!
    Just wanted to ditto the recommendation that you have a stroller, even for a kid that doesn't use one at home. We even rented a Citi GT from Intercot sponsor Strollers and Groceries for my 4 year old last trip. We definitely don't put her in a stroller at home but a week at WDW is too much walking for a preschooler and she's too heavy for me to carry her for that long. When she felt like walking, the stroller was welcome cargo space.
    Bay Lake Tower - 2014, 2015
    Polynesian Resort - 2013
    Wilderness Lodge - 2011
    Port Orleans - 2003
    Hotel Plaza - 2002
    Coronado Springs - 1998
    Disneyland - 1997
    All Star Music - 1995, 1997
    Offsite - 1980, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAlfano View Post
    thanks!!! and what about a strap to strap to my daugher if she wants to walk. I used to hate those things but if she wants to walk holding her hand the entire time might not work
    Lots of people have those straps on their kids there. Some look like little stuffed animal backpacks with a cord attached to them! Pretty clever.
    I would still get the stroller though and then use the strap for the times when she wants to walk.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Bring the strap for sure, but don't be surprised if even your kiddo who wants to walk at home, is a bit intimidated by walking in WDW.

My neice is very independent, and wanted nothing to do with walking in MK. It was busy, and she was totally freaked out walking in most areas of the park. She stuck to the stroller, or one of us was carrying her for short times. I would have been too, especially since all she could really see was a sea of bottoms!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding the strap... We took our son on his first trip when he was 3. We took a stroller but knew that we wanted him to be able to walk a bit too. DH decided that he wanted a strap for him (his class walks on a rope at school and he thought it would be good for him.) So we bought one, and decided to take it on a few trial walks before we went to WDW. Turned out that DS would walk very well holding the stroller or a hand, but being on the strap made him want to run! Perhaps if we'd started it a little earlier it would have worked better. He ended up preferring the stoller and we made sure to give him some playground time each day.

So my recommendation would be to try whatever you decide out for a while at home so your child gets used to it.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

We used a combination of strollers and the leash backpack when our kids were that age. The benefit of the little plush animal harness backpack was that it provided a nice back cushion for rides with hard seat backs. It also provided a nice "softy" for security/comfort for our kids if they got scared in the dark or something. I highly recommend one of these!

An 18 month old definitely still needs a stroller at WDW. It's a huge place and most 1 year olds just don't have the walking stamina for several miles a day. She will welcome it when she is really tired, and so will you!

Oh, and we did ship "supplies" to our WDW hotel on our first trip. Diapers, wipes, snacks, etc. Worked out great.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler