Quantcast Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend - January 17-19, 2014

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend - January 17-19, 2014

Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend -
    January 17-19, 2014

Events:
    Tinker Bell Half Marathon - Sunday, January 19
    Tinker Bell 10K - Saturday, January 18
    Neverland Family Fun Run 5K - Saturday, January 18
    Kids Races - Saturday, January 18

Capacity as of 7/11/13:
    Tinker Bell Half Marathon - SOLD OUT
    Tinker Bell 10K - 51%
    Neverland Family Fun Run 5K - 61%
    Kid Races - 74%

Event Costs:
    Tinker Bell Half Marathon
    $175 by August 13, 2013
    $190 between August 14 and October 15, 2013
    $205 on or after October 16, 2013

Tinker Bell 10K
    $95 by August 13, 2013
    $110 between August 14 and October 15, 2013
    $125 on or after October 16, 2013

Never Land Family Fun Run 5K
    $70 per participant

runDisney Kids Races
    Dashes : $20 per child

Official Page here
    Last edited by Melanie; 07-11-2013 at 09:36 AM.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My sister and I plan on running it again! We ran it this year and had a great time! It was my first ever race. We are looking forward to another sisters trip.
    Dreaming of Disney World every day, until I can get back there again!
    Disneyland at least a dozen times growing up!
    July 1997- Wilderness Lodge (HS Graduation)
    December 2009 & 2010- POP Century (7th & 8th Wedding Anniversaries)
    November 2011, April 2012, October 2012, January 2013 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

I really want to do this, and was planning on it. But after that Dopey announcement I'm not sure i can take all of it. YOLO?
    Janine
    -----------------
    Disney World: 87, 89, 92, 96-97, 99-00, 02-05, 07-14
    Disneyland: 05, 10-14
    RunDisney: 13 (Princess, Dumbo, ToT), 14 (Dopey, Tink, Glass Slipper, Dumbo, Wine & Dine, Avengers), 15 (Dopey, Rebel Challenge)
    DVC Member: 07-NOW

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else thinking about doing the Tinker Bell Half? J9 and eeyorepoohfan - are you still planning on it? It looks like registration opens early July.

I was trying to convince my family that a Disneyland Christmas would be fun but the more I've read about crowds the more I think I can wait a month and go for Tinker Bell. Plus running the races helps justify the trips or at least I think it does. And I recently ran a Half here in Denver and just missed my time goal (because I had a pit stop) so I'm thinking if I do Tink at altitude I could break my time goal and it will be good for me to keep running this year with something to look forward to.
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lacy View Post
    Anyone else thinking about doing the Tinker Bell Half? J9 and eeyorepoohfan - are you still planning on it? It looks like registration opens early July.

I was trying to convince my family that a Disneyland Christmas would be fun but the more I've read about crowds the more I think I can wait a month and go for Tinker Bell. Plus running the races helps justify the trips or at least I think it does. And I recently ran a Half here in Denver and just missed my time goal (because I had a pit stop) so I'm thinking if I do Tink at altitude I could break my time goal and it will be good for me to keep running this year with something to look forward to.
    My sister and I are still planning on running it! I've only gotten a few runs in so far, but I will hop on training soon! It is really such a fun event. We wore our tutu's! I do think the race helps to justify the trip! The crowds at the park weren't horrible. Most waits were 20-30 minutes. The crowds at Christmas do get crazy busy! The park hours are a bit shorter in January than they would be at Christmas. However, with the lighter crowd levels, you actually get quite a bit done!

Post Thanks / Like

Updated original thread with the new information on the (Suprise - NOT!) Tinker Bell 10K that was just announced, as well as the event prices. Below is the Disney Parks Blog announcing the race, and as it says, "Registrations are going to fly faster than Tink herself!" Believe it, and be ready on July 9th!

I love reading our runDisney Facebook page. It is the perfect location for people who are passionate about running and Disney to gather and share stories of triumph and words of encouragement. But I especially love it when I see a post from a new runner who is gearing up for their first runDisney event, and I watch our community of runners lift them up. You see, here at runDisney we love what we do, but if you ask us what we are most proud of, I think many on the team would say the same thing: introducing running to thousands of new people every year.

So in order to keep bringing in more runners, we need to keep adding new races, which is why I am very pleased to announce the addition of the Tinker Bell 10K to the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend at the Disneyland Resort. The 10K is a fantastic distance for the novice runner who has conquered the 5K, but is not quite ready for the additional 10 miles of a half marathon. By adding this event to our already popular Tinker Bell race weekend, even more runners will have the chance to run through our Disney Parks, experience delightful Disney on-course entertainment, and earn a coveted runDisney finishers medal (because for many, “it’s all about the bling”).

I hope you will join us in January of 2014 for the Inaugural Tinker Bell 10K as a part of the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend at the Disneyland Resort. But remember to sign up quick! Registrations are gonna fly faster than Tink herself.

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting that there is no challenge to do all of the races. Maybe the feedback made its point that people don't appreciate the challenge participants causing such limited availability in the 5&10K positions.
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I too was surprised the announcement didn't include a challenge and a bit disappointed as I would have signed up for it. But also kind of glad so I can just focus on the half and spend more of my vacation enjoying the parks. But I would have liked the challenge and if they announce it later due to feedback I'm in but they probably won't with registration so soon. And I'm not doing two or three races on my own without an extra medal - it's all about the bling!

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

Just a reminder, registration for DVC members at a reduced rate opened today at 12N.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

In a weird twist, the half marathon is currently at 95% capacity, while the 10K is only at 51%. It does look as if taking the challenge aspect out of it has an affect.

That said, get going if you want to get into the Half. It will probably close sometime this evening!

Post Thanks / Like

I got registered about 5 minutes after it opened! Looking forward to my next Run Disney adventure

Post Thanks / Like

And the 1/2 is now sold out! No time for dilly dallying with runDisney!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I was out of town but my sister was able to register me for the half. I have yet to run a half marathon but have signed up for three of them so far. My first will be the Disneyland Half on September 1st. Training is going forward smoothly though I'm still anxious about it. I just know that if I don't have something to work towards I'll stop the running - and frankly since I'm at this point in my ability I don't want to lose it!
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Aryn - good luck at the Disneyland Half!!!! That race is great - I think it will always be my fav since it was my first half!

And glad to hear that you got registered for Tink even while out of town. It's crazy how fast the events fill up.

I do find it interesting that the 10k has not filled near as fast - wonder if they now wish they offered a pixie challenge?

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else use the Jeff Galloway training plans? I'm going to use the 20 week improve time so I start this week!!! I guess the trip isn't as far off as I was thinking it is. Can't wait to run

Post Thanks / Like

I follow the Jeff Galloway plans too! I used the beginner one last year. I think I might lean more towards the time improvement plan this year! I'm getting excited! It will be here before we know it! Happy training!

Post Thanks / Like

Eeyorepoohfan - how s the training going?

I'm loving training in the cooler weather! Training for the DL half usually means that the long runs are in the middle of the summer so I have to go early morning. I can't believe that I'm actually looking forward to 12 miles this upcoming weekend.

But the cooler training runs have got me wondering what the weather will be like during the race. So anyone have insights on weather in Anaheim in January at race time? Also, does Tink start as early in the morning as the DL half? I wasn't sure if the off peak park hours equates to a later race start.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm loving our cooler temps too! We run in the morning and we've been averaging in the 50s at 7AM. Though it was only be in the high 30s for my run tomorrow morning! Brrr! I do run better in cooler temps, but not when it's super cold. I haven't been following the training plan so much this time. I'm actually getting in more miles than I did last year! We usually get in 2 longs runs per week. Right now we are averaging 10 mile runs twice a week and a 3 mile speed run on my short day. Though, if our bodies are tired, we have done a shorter run on our long run days.

Tinker Bell does start at 5AM! This past January it was around 60 degrees at race time! So nice! I overdressed and shed layers quickly. I wore a tank top, socks as my sleeves (get long fun socks at target and cut the bottom off to stick your hands through), and a long sleeve t-shirt. I then wore calf length running tights, running shorts and a tutu. This year I just plan to wear my same tights and tutu. Then just a tank top with socks on my arms again (and I can toss the socks when I get warm). I removed my long sleeve t-shirt within the first couple miles and the socks by miles 8-9.

If you have any other questions, let me know! Happy training!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, it sounds like your training is going very well!

And I love the idea of fun socks for the arms!!!!! I got a pair of wings and green shoes so I'm hoping to be one of the many tinks but have to figure out what else I need for the outfit so knowing temps and options for layering is very helpful! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to help! The socks are great because they are like $2-3 and I get the bright colorful ones that they sell as a single pair. Then you don't feel bad when you chuck them on the race course! If you should decide to get a tutu, don't to a big puffy one! My friend did that and it drove her nuts because it kept moving around and rubbing her arms. I picked up a tutu in the little girls dress up section and it's only 2-3 layers and fairly short. It had a generous elastic waste so I can wear it. I've seen homemade tutu's online where you just have an elastic band and loop pieces of the tutu material over it too! The costumes people wear are great! It looks like you are from Colorado, so it will feel warm to you. But remember, it can take time to remove layers. So wear just as much as you really need. I kept an eye on the weather before my trip. It's best to pack and take some extra layers and not need them, than to wish you had them with you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: