Quantcast Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend - November 8-9, 2013 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I are registered for this one, staying at Pop.

Any chance for RunIcot shirts being made for runners? I'd love to rep Intercot during my run. Wasn't sure if you guys were only pushing for the Marathon or what.

We will be there Friday night through Monday Night. Should be an interesting night in Epcot after running 13 miles.....

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wine & Dine was my favorite race experience! Have fun!!!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know when they post the 2013 course map? or when they have posted them in the past? Thanks - just trying to see if it will actually go through Epcot this year...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ls1jt View Post
    Anyone know when they post the 2013 course map? or when they have posted them in the past? Thanks - just trying to see if it will actually go through Epcot this year...
    Is there talk of them changing it up? It does seem strange that this race doesn't actually go through Epcot, but not sure how they'd do that with the after party.

Post Thanks / Like

Last years map looks like it enters World Showcase, swung past Spaceship Earth and finished in the parking lot...

Wasn't sure if it would include that again or not

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they changed it from the inaugural year. That one didn't even go through Epcot at all. But the racer back up was horrible trying to get into Epcot, so they had to change it.

Post Thanks / Like

#RUNicot shirt just ordered for wine and dine! Anybody else gonna wear one during the race??

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone give me an idea of what the weather will be like for this weekend? I've never gone this time of year and I don't know what the night time temps will be like. Honestly, I'm more interested in finding out what the humidity is going to be like.

Thanks!
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Last year it was around mid-60s at the start of the race with low humidity. It was perfect! I hope it will be the same this year!
    Jodi

Many, many trips as a kid with family
    Last trip: November 2013
    Next trip: June 2014 - Just me and my son!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Living in Northern California I have very little experience with humidity. I didn't know if I could expect it to go down at night or not.

I hope it's cooler than the Disneyland Half. At 4:00 in the morning it was 78 degrees. Way too hot!
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Has everyone gotten their corral assignments? I'm in J and am actually happy that I'm not further back. I've got a good cusion in case my knee/shin splint issues start acting up.

Only a few weeks now!
    Jodi

Post Thanks / Like

I was just looking through the Wine and Dine packer and had a couple if questions I was hoping you all could help me with.

First, I ran the Disneyland Half in September and am going for the coast to coast- do I need to get that run time to them or do they have that information already?

Second, I'm staying at AKL but it's not listed as one of the 'host' resorts. How do I get to the star, and more importantly how do I get from the end/party back to the hotel when I'm done?

Thanks so much!
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you sign up as being coast to coast eligible?
    When I picked up my race packet, they had a special armband that indicated I was coast to coast and that's how they knew I would get that medal.
    I didn't have to enter my time- they know.

As for the host resort, hmmm that's a tricky one. Will you have a car?
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I would think without a car, you'd have to rely on a cab. Logistics are tricky for the smaller races (although, are any of them really small anymore?) when you aren't at a 'event' hotel.

Post Thanks / Like

I got in touch with the RunDisney people. They said that if we're not staying at a host hotel then we will need to take a cab. Will there be cabs available at three or four o'clock in the morning?
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    I got in touch with the RunDisney people. They said that if we're not staying at a host hotel then we will need to take a cab. Will there be cabs available at three or four o'clock in the morning?
    I'm sure. You'd think they are aware of an event like this and the need for cabs. I'd for sure check with bell services when you check in to AKL though.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if spectators that have a ticket to the party can leave Epcot to go to the finish line and then go back into Epcot with the runners?
    Jodi

Post Thanks / Like

Default Post Party - Soarin'

Hi everyone!

I've been doing the January Marathon or Half Marathon every other year for the past 10 years. What I've noticed is that the parks are getting more and more crowded as the years go by.

On that weekend about 8 years ago, I was able to ride Soarin' four times in one day. Now in 2013 I only got to ride it once and that was with a FP because of the crowds.

I LOVE Soarin'. My thought is that next year rather than do the January Half, I'd sign up for the Wine and Dine mainly because of the post party. Then, I'm hoping, I'd be able to ride Soarin' multiple times.

For you who have done the Wine and Dine in the past, any thoughts on my plans? Are the crowds much less during this Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend than in January? And is Future World less crowded during the Post Party to ride Soarin'?

Also, I can't remember, is Mission Space and Test Track open during the Post Party?

Thanks!
    '96 Hilton Head
    '98 Caribbean Beach
    '99 Hilton Head
    '01 Port Orleans French Quarters
    '03 Animal Kingdom
    '04 Pop Century
    '04 Hilton Head
    '06 Pop Century
    '08 All Star Music
    '10 Pop Century
    '12 Hilton Head
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Art of Animation
    '14 Pop Century
    '15 Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I finished! Very slow and hit the wall at mile 10 (the garbage smell backstage at DHS almost did me in - ugh) but I made it.

I wasn't able to attend the after party because I had to catch a flight out at 7am so that I could get back to Sacramento. It sounded like a good plan at the time but I'm sorry I missed the party. The way to the entrance took quite some time so I decided not to risk it.

I liked the night race but I didn't get the nutrition part right. I need to work on that.

How did everyone else do? I hope you had a great run.
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty View Post
    I finished! Very slow and hit the wall at mile 10 (the garbage smell backstage at DHS almost did me in - ugh) but I made it.

I wasn't able to attend the after party because I had to catch a flight out at 7am so that I could get back to Sacramento. It sounded like a good plan at the time but I'm sorry I missed the party. The way to the entrance took quite some time so I decided not to risk it.

I liked the night race but I didn't get the nutrition part right. I need to work on that.

How did everyone else do? I hope you had a great run.
    Congratulations! We were just talking about nutrition on the training thread. I think it is a really challenging thing to figure out for longer races. Would you do this race again?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: