Quantcast Return to Disneyland - Paradise Pier Hotel and CarsLand

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Return to Disneyland - Paradise Pier Hotel and CarsLand

I'm going to break my trip report of sorts up into separate posts discussing highlights of our trip. Just returned from the Disneyland Resort after not going since 2008. I will never, ever let so much time pass again in between visits! We had a great time.

Paradise Pier Hotel -Loved it, as always. Rooms are spacious, and the beach theming is cute. We had a standard view, but it was decent with the PPH pool and the Adventure Tower at Disneyland Hotel. We couldn't beat the price we got with the military discount. We probably drove Mousekeeping crazy all week with our need for extra coffee and towels, but they were always accommodating.

Ate at the sit down restaurant, PCH Grill, twice during our stay, and had very nice meals each time. We did not do the character breakfast, which is now Surfs Up! with Mickey & Friends. It used to be Lilo & Stitch themed.

The location is great! It’s an easy 5 minute walk to the Disneyland Hotel if you want to enjoy their offerings, or an easy 5-10 minute walk to the Grand Californian, from which you can enter California Adventure via the Disneyland Resort Hotel Guest only entrance, or go into Downtown Disney and walk to the main entrances. Love how everything is so easily walkable at Disneyland Resort!

CarsLand – WOW!! Incredibly Imagineered and executed. For me, attention to detail is similar to Tokyo DisneySea and I had the same reaction entering CarsLand that I had when I first entered DisneySea years ago. CarsLand is gorgeous, and even better at night. The neon is incredible! The most impressive area by far is Ornament Valley (which makes up the Radiator Springs Racers attraction). (pic) You really can’t imagine how ginormous (to borrow Carol’s favorite phrase ) and beautiful it is until you see it in person. All the little details from the lights to the signs and even to how the CMs speak are perfect! See one of my favorite signs below (last picture). "No tires. No fender skirt. No service!".

The attractions of CarsLand –

Radiator Springs Racers – what a fun ride! Job well done, Imagineers. Being a huge fan of the Cars movies (my son was 6 when the first one came out, and was obsessed), the attraction is super clever and racing the other car at the end of the ride is a fun element. The queue is very long, but adorable. The cars and track feel somewhat similar to Test Track, but the similarities end there. For me, especially with the ‘new’ Test Track, RSR is a superior attraction in every way. Rode four times, three times during early entry (highly recommended) and once using single rider. I only won once, and that’s when I did single rider. Maybe my peeps and I are bad luck! Lol We never got a fastpass, but if you want one, they don’t start giving them out until the park opens to the general public and the distribution area has been moved up by the entrance to A Bug’s Land. The line forms quickly.

Luigi’s Flying Tires – cute, but a lot of work! lol Your tire is supposedly floating on the air and you and your ride partner have to lean together to make the tire move in that direction. Our ride was shut down unexpectedly in the middle and we thought it was over. Nope, they started it up again, but the momentum was lost with two such short ‘rides’. When you bump the other tires, it’s not a big bump like you experience with some bumper cars. When the ride first opened, there were beach balls in the ride area, and it’s too bad they took them out. Not sure of the reason for removing them, but I think it would be fun to have them there.

Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree – looked so cute, but we never rode. The tractors swing around a ride vehicle behind it, and it reminded me of the motion of a Tilt-A-Whirl. That’s a no for me! HA! But I chuckled every time we walked past, because Mater was always singing some song or another and he just cracks me up.

Food options in CarsLand – We had a very nice breakfast at Flo’s V8 Café on morning. Food was good, theming even better. And we had the room we ate in to ourselves. Got beers here a couple of times during our stay, and loved that the beer is ‘racer’ themed (Red Rocket Ale, Racer 5 IPA) and the wine is Disney related (Silverado, Fess Parker, MacMurray Ranch). The Cozy Cones are adorable, and again, so clever. I only tried churro bites, but they were yummy. I had planned on getting a Red’s Apple Freeze (same thing as Lefou’s Brew at WDW), but you know…best laid plans. Next time! Filmore’s Taste In offered all healthy goodies from it’s stands.

Shopping – Lizzie’s Curiosity Shop and Ramone’s were the place to get great Cars related souvenirs. Saw some really unique and fun items in there.

Next Up: Our Carthay Circle lunch and World of Color
    Attached Images Attached Images      

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a truly magical trip.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Did you purchase the Music of Cars Land CD? It has all of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree songs on it.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

ohhh.. sounds wonderful! and LOVE the pics! My last trip to Disneyland was just before the opened Carsland so I've been DYING to go back... seeing your pics and reading your reports make me want to go even more! So Stitch is no longer at the Surf's Up breakfast? He was still there when I went and it was called Surf's Up then.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had the opportunity to visit twice since Cars Land opened. It still blew me away the 2nd time! They did such an amazing job! I can't wait to read more about your trip!
    Dreaming of Disney World every day, until I can get back there again!
    Disneyland at least a dozen times growing up!
    July 1997- Wilderness Lodge (HS Graduation)
    December 2009 & 2010- POP Century (7th & 8th Wedding Anniversaries)
    November 2011, April 2012, October 2012, January 2013 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Great reports so. Cars land sounds amazing.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

You did a trip report! I'm impressed.

Love, love, love Carsland--probably the coolest theming at either of the U.S. Disney Parks. And really enjoyed our stay at Paradise Pier too.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    You did a trip report! I'm impressed.
    Not a true report, but yes, I'm enjoying offering my thoughts again.

CarsLand is definitely the coolest theming stateside. New Fantasyland in Florida is gorgeous, but Carsland is another level. Actually, the whole redo of California Adventure is quite impressive.

Linda, I did see that CD, but didn't buy it. Maybe when I'm back in August. The music is so cute!

IwannabeinNarnia, no more Stitch. In fact, every morning we walked by, we only saw Mickey in there. Weird.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see it for myself! My wallet curses you and Carol for all the amazing tweets!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Great pictures and report. I am but where is part 2???
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    CarsLand – WOW!! Incredibly Imagineered and executed.
    Yep. She entered, and Dang Near Fainted.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    Dang Near Fainted.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: