Quantcast Worst place to eat - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like H&V is already spoken for, so after that, I won't eat anything at the Polynesian. Never had anything worth bringing me back. Service, food, atmophere... Ehh...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Coral Reef. :-p. awful. Cold rubbery food and the service was offensive.
    PinKy
    Upcoming trips: July 2021 Big Family trip to Disney!
    Most Recent Trip: October 2020 MNSSHP Family Weekend away!
    DVC Members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

ABC Commisary, Tony's and Marrakech three meals bad enough not to go back

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Cap'n Jacks. We ate there in March, and we won't be visiting there again anytime soon. The service was meh, and the food was bland. My 2 year old wanted another piece of corn on the cob, so our waitress said we'd have to pay for it. Fine. We weren't expecting it for free. That being said we paid $5 for a small piece of corn on the cob that was still frozen.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with 1900 PF - we tried for breakfast and dinner and did not like it at all
    The service was bad food was not great and I hate that they have that side room like a punish room all squashed together like sardines. And then we had to wait way after we finished eating for the characters to come by - like they forgot about us Never again
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Hate Sci Fi Drive In. Although we liked the atmosphere, the food was lackluster. Also didn't care for Le Cellier.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Tony's!!! Disgusting microwaved food. Pasta was mush. They try to move you in and out like cattle. It's a real bad sign when your dinners arrive about five minutes after you order. Disney should be ashamed serving that food not to mention the insane price for said mush.
    Dahling!

Post Thanks / Like

I've never really had a bad food experience at Disney. I haven't been to alot of the ones mentioned above, but I'll stay away from what everyone's saying.

Just curious, when people talk about bad service and experiences, what all are you talking about? Have the servers been outright rude to you? Or just generally acting like they don't care? I'm just curious. I hope we never have a bad experience, and so far we've done really well.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawgirl View Post
    I've never really had a bad food experience at Disney. I haven't been to alot of the ones mentioned above, but I'll stay away from what everyone's saying.

Just curious, when people talk about bad service and experiences, what all are you talking about? Have the servers been outright rude to you? Or just generally acting like they don't care? I'm just curious. I hope we never have a bad experience, and so far we've done really well.
    I''m glad you've never had one, but I think people are being genuine when they mention bad experiences and not simply expecting too much.

In my Coral Reef dinner, we waited forty minutes to be seated. Then, a half hour to order. No apologies from server. Then, my daughter's chicken and husband's steak were both served rare. Not a real issue with the steak, since it was supposed to be medium, but my husband doesn't like rare and since rare is inedible for chicken and we were sending back the chicken, we sent both entrees back.

But, the server didn't take the other two meals back to be warmed. So either some of us ate and then waited for the other two to eat, or we waited and let our meals get cold while waiting for the other two meals. The steak and chicken took 55 minutes to come back to the table. By that time, the rest of the food was cold and terrible (though, yeah, we could have eaten instead of being polite and waiting for everyone). And the server never apologized once. By then, we had been there over three hours and we were tired, but I asked to speak with a manager anyway.

The server was rude about getting the manager. The manager came to the table and yelled at us for requesting to speak with him, never apologized, and insinuated we were after a free meal. By that time, even my mild-mannered husband was furious. One simple apology would have been nice. I understand that things can go wrong and places can get busy, but this was unacceptably horrible customer service and they served my daughter (8 years old) unsafe to eat chicken. It was the most terrible restaurant experience I've ever had.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!!! That is awful. I cannot believe the manager acted that way. Were you able to complain to Disney Customer relations? That is ridiculous!!

I guess we've been extremely lucky. I hope we never have to deal with a situation like that!
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting thread, since some of the worst in my book are other's favorites. Just shows that it comes down to each person's perspective and opinion.

On our first trip, O'Hana and SciFi were our absolute faves; second trip, both were awful (undercooked food, menu changes, etc).

I decided to give Sci Fi another shot this past year and it was back in the good column again.

Things can change over time....

2018 Port Orleans Riverside
    2012 Port Orleans Riverside
    2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
    2009 Grand Floridian
    2007 Contemporary
    2006 Grand Floridian
    2004 Polynesian
    1980 Day trip to MK

Post Thanks / Like

Chef Mickey's for lunch. It was the worst food ever. A very sad buffet - selection, temperature, taste were all terrible. It reminded me of a bad all-inclusive resort. That said, the characters were amazing and visited us over and over since we were there for a very late lunch and there weren't many people in the restaurant. But the food was completely inedible.

Post Thanks / Like

yikes, I could almost guess who was going to be on this list before I read it. And now I can't believe how one sided it is! It seems to be the same 2 or 3 restaurants every time one of these posts is started. You would think WDW would have caught on that some of their eateries are sub par, or lacking in places. I say, send in Gordon Ramsay or Robert Irvine and get em fixed or close them down!

I'll vote one, since it's tecnically "on property" being near the All Stars. The McDonalds on All Star road. (I know that's probably not the name of the road but you get the point) I ate there the first time I stayed at an All Star to save a few bucks, but that was before the MASSIVE price hike. A combo meal is around $10, and most sandwiches/burgers by themselves are around $6-7. There is NO dollar menu, either. I walked in there the last time I went, and actually took a picture of the menu sign to show people bc it was that outrageous. It was a ghost town in there too. Wonder why?? There's no way they can afford to stay open running that way. Unless they get realistic, never again...
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    ...And the server never apologized once. ...never apologized, and insinuated we were after a free meal. By that time, even my mild-mannered husband was furious. One simple apology would have been nice. I understand that things can go wrong and places can get busy, but this was unacceptably horrible customer service....

I think that's the key. And why we will never go back to kouzzina-no apologizes for horrible service.

If they can't apologize for their bad service, it means they don't recognize it and there will not be an improvement. I can understand if you catch a place on a bad day, and they apologize. In that case then I will give that restaurant a second chance.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting to read everyone's responses. I've only eaten at Hollywood and Vine once, but really enjoyed the food there (although yes, it's kind of a noisy place).

My least favorite place is Ohana, believe it or not. Not a huge fan of all the meat they serve, but it's the service that gets the lowest marks. Thinking it was just a fluke that happened at dinner time, some friends and I went for breakfast a year or so ago and the service was pretty bad then too. First they seated us at a table that had the bright sun shining in, literally blinding us. Then after we asked to be moved to a table with less glare, the server was practically non-existent. Of course, he was a bit distracted after he accidentally dumped drinks all over the people at the table next to us. All in all, not the best meal.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arm00leg View Post
    Tony's!!! Disgusting microwaved food. Pasta was mush. They try to move you in and out like cattle. It's a real bad sign when your dinners arrive about five minutes after you order. Disney should be ashamed serving that food not to mention the insane price for said mush.
    Agree with your choice of Tony's. The Italian places in EPCOT are better.

Post Thanks / Like

Whispering canyon cafe at the wilderness lodge. Hair in our food and bad service
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Hollywood and Vine. The food was terrible and the place was dirty. My kids ate soft serve for dinner that night. Never again.
    Old Key West - December 2015
    All Start Music - August 2014
    Port Orleans - May 2013 + Dream Cruise, Jan 1997
    Fort Wilderness - Jan 2011, Jan 2009, Dec 2002
    Disney Village Resort - August 1993
    Off site - Jan 1992 (Honeymoon), Dec 1989, Feb. 1977 (CCD)

Post Thanks / Like

I think that with dining in general (in and out of Disney) there are going to be mixed reviews for everything. Sometimes there is a situation that will warrant a NEVER return. I can't say that I've been that appalled that I will never return and I have never gotten sick (which I am grateful for!).

I can say that I HATE the service at Beaches and Cream. It's consistency horrible. I return because I love the atmosphere and food.

I am going to throw in some support for Hollywood and Vine. I have never had a bad meal there, but I haven't only started to try it in the past year. I do know that they have gotten a new chef within the past year and I've even seen improvement in the past year! They are always changing the buffet offerings, so I highly recommend giving it another try!

In another thought, I do feel like there are quite a few servers at Disney who just don't care because they don't have to. Most Disney restaurants are booked most of the night, so they know their tables are going to be full and they know that people will tip because it's vacation. It's disheartening.
    When you wish upon a star...You get to go to Disney World
    Katie's Trips to Disney-
    WDW Trips: 245 times
    DL Trips: 4 times

Stopped counting since January 2012 when we moved to "the world"!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE5..._as=subscriber

Post Thanks / Like

Default My 2 Cents

Hi there! I have to agree that Hollywood and Vine is my least favorite. The food was yucky and our waitress was clueless. We always try to give the server a fair chance as I am sure it is a tough job and dealing with the public is always challenging. However, this particular waitress seemed to have no idea what she was doing. And it's a buffet - so how hard could it be?

We like 'Ohana. We used to love it, then it went down, but it seems to be on the upswing. I have a son with a serious food allergy, and he cannot eat the family dessert. The chef came out and spoke to us, and made my son the most awesome personal dessert and delivered it right to him. It was such a cool dessert that my non-allergic son was kind of jealous! (but still very happy for his little bro.) Great, great service there.

I also do not like the Biergarten. My husband liked it and wants me to give it another shot, and I probably should. They sat us at the same table as another family (who we did not know) and the members of the other family were fighting with each other the entire time. It really kind of put a damper on the experience for me, and so I tend to skip it when making ADRs.

We have had good meals at both CRT (and I have boys!) and 1900. The characters at 1900 were great both times. I also enjoyed the food at both places. As someone else said earlier in this post "different strokes for different folks!"
    2006 - WL 2007 - WL
    2008 - WL 2009 - WL
    2010 - BC
    2010 (fall) - CBR
    2011 - DCL and FW Cabin
    2011 (fall) - WL
    2012 - BC (suprise upgrade to Club Level!)
    2013 - WL

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: