Quantcast Very Sad News - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Very Sad News

Post Thanks / Like

Sad day here at Intercot - prayers to Ben and all those who were fortunate to have Ellen in their lives.
    March 99 - POFQ
    Feb 04 - WL
    Feb 05 - POLY
    Nov 05 - CB
    Oct 06 - POLY
    Nov 07 - POLY/BC
    Nov 08 - BC
    Mar 10 - WL
    Nov 10 - POR-Riverside
    Apr 12 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 13 - POR
    Jan 14 - WL
    Nov 14 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 16 - POLY
    Aug 17 - POLY
    Aug 18 - BC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw this news while we were in WDW and said a prayer for Ellen and her son. I've had several conversations with Ellen here on Intercot. What a wonderful, kind, strong lady.
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Very sad to read this news. I believe I had the pleasure of exchanging comments with ElenitaB from time to time.

Thank you for sharing that nice NY Times article about her - I am a casual visitor at intercot & did not know of her struggles.

My thoughts, prayers and condolences to all who lost a caring, thoughtful friend.
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

So sad to hear this news. My deepest condolences to her son and family, and all her Intercot friends. Keeping everyone in my prayers.
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts and prayers to Ben and the rest of the family
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am newly registered to the Intercot boards for the soul purpose of signing this thread. Ellen was a truly remarkable lady who befriended me in her quiet gentle way. My eldest son and I had the pleasure of staying at her apartment this summer with she and Ben. She was the most gracious of hosts, just as you would have imagined her to be. I know of at least two people on these boards who knew of my friendship with her.

I honestly can't begin to put into words the grief I feel over losing my friend. She was an incredibly private person; however, shared so much of her heart with me. She preferred to keep our personal stuff between us. I want to honor her though and would like to say that my friend, Ellen, was one of the few truly selfless people I have ever known/met. She was an advisor, a confidant, cheerleader, supporter and a true friend. She never did anything for the accolades or the recognition. What she did came from a place of love, understanding and compassion. Ellen was far more than a friend...my words are inadequate to explain how I felt about her. We clicked from the first time we spoke and I will miss her forever. She was a truly wise, wonderful lady who blessed so many. She had little family and we became that to each other.We talked about moving to Florida together, where we could truly be a family, along with a few other special folks. That had been a wonderful dream. My last contact with her was via email, December 26. She wasn't well, but still hopeful.

I ask, does anyone know how Ben is? Is he with his Uncle? I am very worried.

Thank you for sharing your heart stories of "ElenitaB". She was truly a classy lady.

Post Thanks / Like

I have just returned from WDW and was catching up on all things Intercot when I read this post. I am deeply sadden and my heart breaks for Ellen's Ben. Ellen was someone I never met but was one of my heros. Her battle was monumental. Her love for her child great. I don't believe I ever read a harsh word that she posted. I now know I was just one of many who she reached out to with private messages when in I was in need. Ellen you have made my life better for having known you. RIP
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Blessedmom4 - She told me about you! She spoke very highly of you also, and I know she enjoyed the time you spent together.

I do not know for certain how Ben is. I do believe his uncle is caring for him. I have been thinking a lot about him also.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

From another who never met her but has been touched by her story. Prayers for the peace that passes all understanding.

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I haven't been on here for awhile and was shocked when I read the news. While I never met her, I enjoyed reading her comments and wish that I had had the opportunity to meet such a wonderful person. My prayers go out to her family, especially Ben. I take comfort in knowing that such a considerate lady surely made plans for the care of the son she loved so much if the worst did happen.

God now has another angel and Walt another friend in heaven.
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: