Quantcast DL inexpensive lodging ?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default DL inexpensive lodging ?

We are planning on running the Disneyland Half and the new 10K. This trip is about the event, not so much about a vacation. WE are basically showing up the day before, running, running again and going home the next day.

We are looking for an inexpensive hotel -like the values- that will get us within walking distance of the event. What do you recommend????

Really just need a clean, safe place to lay our head.

Thank you!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Carrie! We're doing EXACTLY what you are....except my husband will be the one running and I'll be cheering him on. Right now, we're booked at the Anaheim Fairfield Inn on South Harbor. I've stayed there before and it's about as convenient as you can get. The walk to the main gates is closer than if you were to stay at the Paradise Pier or Disneyland Hotel. Another one highly recommended by Michael is the Ramada Maingate, which is right near the Fairfield.

I believe I'm correct when saying the races start in the Disneyland Hotel parking area, so if you choose to stay on Harbor, you'd have to walk all the way through Downtown Disney to get to the starting line. Hopefully someone will come along with suggestions on hotels that are maybe a bit closer to the starting line. In the grand scheme of things though, it's not that long of a walk from Harbor to the Disneyland Hotel, especially when you think of and compare it to the walking you do at WDW.

Aren't you so excited for the Dumbo Double Dare?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Melanie! So very excited for the Dumbo Dare!

My husband and I are running the marathon in just a few days (it may as well be tomorrow!) It is our first and we were planning on going to Disneyland for the half marathon so we could get the Coast-to-Coast medal. And now THIS!

Kind of crazy to think we will be leaving Disneyland with 4 medals, but I am not complaining!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed at Red Lion Inn back in August. The hotel was fine. It was within walking distance of DLR. We were able to get a nice rate on orbitz.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

The Ramada Maingate is where we stay. Right now, if you book 15 days in advance and prepay, its $75 a night. We did this for the weekend before the marathon. For the proximity to the parks, this is a good deal
    Good Luck!
    Adina
    DVC Since 2007 - AKL, BLT, VGC
    WDW Feb 2010 -BLT
    Poly - Feb 2007
    All Star Sports - Aug 2005
    DL Prem AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

My sister and I are running the Tinker Bell half in 2 weeks! We are staying at the Best Western Stovalls. It's just across the street from Paradise Pier on Katella. So we will be very close to the race start and finish. They average around $100ish/night. It includes breakfast but has an $8/day parking fee. I've stayed at the Best Western Pavilions, just a few hotels down. It's averaged around $75/night for our trips. There is no breakfast and has a $5/night resort fee. They are both close for walking to the race. But remember, if you stay farther, you do get free transportation on the ART for the weekend. But you may have to wait a bit for it, and I'm sure they will be pretty full with the increased crowds. My sister stays at the BW Stovalls every time they go to DL, and that's usually a couple times a year. My hubby and I have stayed at the BW Pavilions that last couple times we've gone. Both have been remodeled in the last couple years and have been clean every time we've gone. Sometimes you can get a good deal on the hotels site directly, they usually have a 21 day advance purchase rate. And as long as you book more than 21 days out, you save a descent amount of money, as long as there aren't any blackout dates. I have used expedia and the taxes are lower on there. I can usually get a rate around the cost of the 21 day advance purchase. If you book with expedia, you do have to pay the parking or resort fee when you check in the hotel. If you book on the hotel site, I believe they add that to your total so you don't have to pay anything else when you check in. I hope this helps! Happy racing!!
    Last edited by eeyorepoohfan; 01-06-2013 at 11:54 AM. Reason: added costs
    Dreaming of Disney World every day, until I can get back there again!
    Disneyland at least a dozen times growing up!
    July 1997- Wilderness Lodge (HS Graduation)
    December 2009 & 2010- POP Century (7th & 8th Wedding Anniversaries)
    November 2011, April 2012, October 2012, January 2013 Disneyland

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: