Quantcast DLR seasons question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Wink DLR seasons question

We're thinking of California for the next trip. For the best skellington display ~ would you book for Halloween or Christmas season in California?

Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

For Halloween I would suggest the middle of October.

Christmas.... I would go for the first or second week of December.

Link to a decent crowd calendar. (edited per TOS)

I would go for Christmas. The Christmas decorations are much better than Halloween.

If it is your first time to the land you may not realize how much smaller it is and how accessible it is by foot. You can save load on your budget by staying at a nearby hotel.

Here is a google maps link with pins marking some nearby hotels. http://goo.gl/maps/Ow1pO
    Last edited by NotaGeek; 12-20-2012 at 01:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Christmas. First two weeks of December should be a wonderful time to visit, if you have that flexibility.

Disneyland looks absolutely stunning at Christmas time and there is the bonus of the Holiday entertainment (Candlelight Processional, Christmas Parade, Christmas fireworks, special shows, etc.)
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer (and did) early December. My absolute favorite time of year is december (November away from thanksgiving would be fine too), because I like the haunted mansion holiday, but I prefer the normal space mountain to the haunted space mountain which only runs in October.
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    1997- Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century
    Jan 2007- Disneyland- Disneyland Hotel
    Jan 2010- Disneyland- Double Tree Orange
    Oct 2010- Disneyland- Off site
    Sept 2011- All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE Christmas at Disney!! My hubby and I did our first ever fall trip to Disneyland in October. I did enjoy seeing the fall/Halloween decorations and am glad we finally got the chance to see them. But I will say, that Christmas is my favorite. I agree and say that I like the regular Space Mountain vs the Ghost galaxy. The ghost galaxy is kind of creepy feeling and a lot of younger kids won't ride it because it's scarier. The good news is that the Haunted Mansion is decorated by Jack Skellington for Halloween through Christmas, so you will see that either way. It's a really neat way to see the Haunted Mansion, though some people still prefer just the regular version of the ride. The Christmas lights at Disney are just amazing! It's a Small World is breathtaking with all of the lights!

Right now, the Christmas parade is the regular parade during the entire Christmas season (it does not require a special event ticket to see). I heard this might be changing in the future and be a hard ticket event with the special parade, fireworks, etc. Hopefully that is just a rumor! I went just before Thanksgiving in 2011 and loved seeing the Christmas parade!! At Halloween, to see the special fireworks and parade, it is a hard ticket event. So I have not experienced those.

My hubby and I plan to brave the crowds the days before Christmas this year for our trip. We know it will be crowded, but that may just be the only time we can get our vacation in this year. Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will have fun and enjoy it!
    Dreaming of Disney World every day, until I can get back there again!
    Disneyland at least a dozen times growing up!
    July 1997- Wilderness Lodge (HS Graduation)
    December 2009 & 2010- POP Century (7th & 8th Wedding Anniversaries)
    November 2011, April 2012, October 2012, January 2013 Disneyland

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: