Quantcast How did everyone make it through the storm??? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I just read John's post with the charities listed that are helping in that area. I too want to encourage everyone to make a donation, whatever the size to these organizations. I personally have worked with just about every of them in my job in the "real world" and they do great things! Thanks John for that posting (in another thread) and we will all keep praying for speedy recovery for the areas affected. I'm glad to be a part of such a caring community. If anyone out there needs anything specifically particular - I'm sure we could come up with it. My hearts and prayers go out to all of you affected great or small.
    Melissa
    "I'm Goofy for Mickey"

2008 - Dolphin, 2010 - Port Orleans, 2011 - Coronado Springs, 2012 - Beach Club, 2013 - Beach Club, Next Trip Oct 2014 - My first trip to Disneyland!!!

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

1st thing, Dawn and I are ok, our family is ok, and our cat is ok. We live in Rockaway Beach, NY and our town is pretty much destroyed. We had a beautiful boardwalk which not 1 board of it is left. There is sand everywhere and just about every house was flooded. Another part of the Rockaways is Breezy Point which not only had flooding but about 110 houses burnt to the ground. Due to the water, the fire dept could not get thru to the fires.
    We live on the 2nd and 3rd floor of a private house and we got no flooding (thank god), but my landlord on the 1st floor got flooded and my car was destroyed.
    We have had no power or heat, since the storm hit, but I do have hot water even tho the water was not safe for a few days. Today we got hit with about 5 inches of snow and the Sanitation dept who had been doing a great job of cleaning up all the debris, had to deal with the storm.
    There is no words for the destruction of my hometown except it looks like a war zone.
    Thank you for all the kind words on twitter and facebook and I know we will be stronger and better after rebuilding.
    Looking forward for #ICOT20
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

Next Trip:

AoA For Star Wars Rival Run Weekend 4/4-4/7/19

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, I'm glad to hear you, your family and pets are safe and sound.

I'm so sorry about the destruction around you.. I know that can be an anxious time for everyone. I hope they are able to restore power and get the daunting job of clean up started soon.

Thanks for checking in, be safe and take care.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: