Quantcast How did everyone make it through the storm???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How did everyone make it through the storm???

Wondering how everyone that was at the meet made it through the storm. Even though we cut our vacation short by 3 days (). And Very windy and heavy rain on Monday....we made it through with no power outage, only leaves and little branches down and the wind has calmed a lot from yesterday.

Feeling EXTREMELY blessed this morning.

Hope everyone is safe and well.....and those not home yet have a safe trip.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still here, moved to an airport Marriott and I'm booked to leave tomorrow morning. My family at home lost cable-phone-internet, but has power and no other damage or problems. So I'm relieved and now just eager to get home. I'm sorry you had to cut your trip short, but it seems like a wise course to have taken. Glad all is well there and so glad we got to meet!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Blythe and I got home to Syracuse last night. Thankfully, our area was the least hit in upstate NY. I am so glad for everyone that was spared damage, but am still thinking and worrying about all our friends in the hardest hit areas downstate and along the mid-atlantic.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Doing well down here (a little west of DC). No loss of power or anything. Found a roof shingle on our patio, but not sure it's ours. Still rainy and cold, lots of wind last night but all is calm now. We were very fortunate, it seems, from reports in nearby towns.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Our flight landed a bit early in Detroit last night. It was sort of windy but not bad.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Like Nikki said, home safe & sound... no power outages here, just rainy and windy. Very thankful, and hoping everyone still traveling gets home safely!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I kept waiting for my flight to be cancelled Sunday night, but thankfully it didn't. The flight to CT was uneventful except for a normal amount of turbulence.

We had lots of wind but did not lose power. I did get two days off from school, which to be honest, was perfectly timed... I was tired after all those early mornings and late nights!

Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Everything is okay here northwest of Hartford. Never lost power for more than 5 minutes and that was just once. Cable only went out for about an hour in the afternoon but that's it. Just some branches down. So thankful it didn't end up like last October - 10 days no power. Thoughts are with everyone on coast line.
    Next Trip: 2019-Yacht Club
    Resorts Stayed At Since 1994
    :
    Yacht Club (9 times)
    Beach Club (10 times)
    Animal Kingdom Lodge (1 time)
    Caribbean Beach (3 times)
    Dixie Landings (1 time)
    Contemporary Resort (1 time)

1987 Disney Music Days-Marched in EPCOT!!

Post Thanks / Like

Since we were headed to the Pacific Northwest, we had no issues with our flight out yesterday. It was pretty eerie in Orlando International though. With all the flights to the northest cancelled, the place was very deserted.

The lines through security were very short though, which could've been nice, but since they had fewer people to screen, the TSA folks were even slower and more "thorough" (there are other words for it) than usual. With zero people in line ahead of us, it still took 15 minutes to get through the screening process.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

We are still attempting to make it home. Per my family, though, lots of trees and wires down. The said a tree hit the house but luckily did not damage it. Some houses in the area lost their roofs and several cars were crushed by falling trees. No rain damage and apparently the Delaware river is doing ok. They have been without power since last night and probably will be for days. We are currently driving to SC and will take a flight to Allentown from there tomorrow afternoon. Orlando would have had us there probably until the weekend. Glad you all are ok!
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Post Thanks / Like

We got home Sunday afternoon - it's been rainy but we didn't get much wind. A lot of places in Toronto had trees down, but we were thankfully spared.
    I do know a couple fellow Intercotees lost their home in New York though. I'll let them tell you about it since it's not my place.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    We got home Sunday afternoon - it's been rainy but we didn't get much wind. A lot of places in Toronto had trees down, but we were thankfully spared.
    I do know a couple fellow Intercotees lost their home in New York though. I'll let them tell you about it since it's not my place.
    That is terrible! We will continue to keep them in our prayers! So sorry that our fabulously wonderful weekend had to end with "Stupid Sandy" ruining things!
    Melissa
    "I'm Goofy for Mickey"

2008 - Dolphin, 2010 - Port Orleans, 2011 - Coronado Springs, 2012 - Beach Club, 2013 - Beach Club, Next Trip Oct 2014 - My first trip to Disneyland!!!

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

OH NO! . That is horrible!!

Glad you made it back and everything is ok but that is so upsetting that some of our friends had such a horrible end to their trip!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

I know! I am devastated for them. What a sweet couple. Hope we hear from them soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I know! I am devastated for them. What a sweet couple. Hope we hear from them soon.
    Ditto. The best ways we can help right now is to donate to The Mayor's Fund and/or Red Cross. Tomorrow night on NBC networks they are running a concert to benefit victims of Sandy. I wish I could just go there and help them out!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in southern NJ about 25 miles inland and we fared good, only lost power for about 12 hours and no flood and wind damage. The shore towns in the south did OK with flood damage to homes, but homes are still standing.

But up the coast, basically Atlantic City and above, are decimated. A lot of people lost homes and the islands are basically changed forever. Towns like Seaside Heights and Mantoloking, most of LBI, got hit very hard. I know folks in those areas and I've worked up there in the past. Seeing pictures and talking to people, its tough to imagine what those folks are going through. They definitely could use the thoughts and prayers.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! I'm so sad that some of us were hit and badly affected. Such a devastating storm.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Here in Western PA, we never got the monster storm that was predicted to hit. The worst of it was high winds for about 12 hrs and fairly steady rain for the past 5 days, sometimes pretty heavily. There has been minor flooding, several landslides, and a lot of downed trees. My parents lost power for about 10 hrs Monday evening / night but came to spend the night at my house since they wouldn't have heat. All in all, we were very lucky. My heart goes out to those who have suffered far worse.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

We got hit hard in the Poconos in NE PA. Still no power but the generator works. we alternate between the fridge and TV and one light. At least the Phone, Internet and cable is back after two days. Met Ed says maybe by Sunday power will be restored.

Trees down all over a few houses had trees come down on them. One tool shed was split right down the middle like it was cut with a knife.
    1977 FW, 1990 CBBR, 2000 POR,
    2006 ASM, 2007 ASM, 2008 GF
    2009 POP, 2010 ASM, 2010 POP
    2012 POP

POP AGAIN! 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I am shocked that neither my parents nor mother in law had water problems. Both have had basement flooding in the past, and my parents have had leaks in their garage. The rain didn't end up being quite so bad in our area apparently, it was mainly the wind. Everyone reported that they never heard their windows rattle like that before. We were stranded in FL so we didn't experience it. Ironically we were also in FL when Irene hit (that time my Mother in law got awful flooding). That being said we do know people with shore houses. Some weathered the storm and did have major flooding, others are still waiting to be let into their towns to see what the damage is. One friend has a house on LBI. They got hit pretty hard there.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: