Quantcast Changing travel plans? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

We decided to extend by one day. Rented a car and will start driving home Tuesday morning spending the night at my brother's in SC and continuing the rest of the way Wednesday. To rebook a flight, we'd probably be looking at Thursday or Friday. I'll take the refund (hopefully) and make the drive before work gets too angry.
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We got cancelled. Of course airtran waited until after check out. We had a package with free dining and disney told us we couldn't extend the offer nor continue our passes starting at day 5 so we left for Ft. Lauderdale with my BIL. We are on hold to find out what our change fees will be to switch to this airport. Ria, we are thinking of doing the same... Just cancel and start driving back tues AM. Had a great time at the meet but so bummed with this ending.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

If you guys do that let me know. If you want someone else to help share rental, gas, and driving I'm your man!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am home, but it was not pretty at MCO for a lot of people. Flights cancelled over and over, and people being told ay least 48 hours before they could get out of MCO.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    If you guys do that let me know. If you want someone else to help share rental, gas, and driving I'm your man!
    Oh, this could be a spectacular adventure! Road Trip with Ian. Do it! And then, tell us all about it.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imalismom View Post
    I am home, but it was not pretty at MCO for a lot of people. Flights cancelled over and over, and people being told ay least 48 hours before they could get out of MCO.
    So glad you got home. I know TikiGoddess got home, too. I wish I'd been on her flight, but it was booked solid. So now I'm here and grateful not to be stuck in an airport, at least.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Actually talked to United tonight, who booked me on a flight Tuesday night out of MCO with a layover in Washington and getting into Allentown around midnight. I took it for now, but am a little leary that if the storm lingers it will still be canceled or there will be a big delay. The agent assured me I could still cancel. They even waived all the baggage fees. I think I am going to wait 24 hours to see the amount of damage and if the storm is lingering or if it even looks like it may be canceled, I will go ahead and drive Tuesday morning like I planned.
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else on the I-95 Corridor? We can get an Intercot Bus, lol!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

We got a Weds flight. Tried to give us Tuesday and we said uh-uh. It routes through ATL with a 4 hr layover. I feel like a lot could go wrong. Like Ria, we will monitor events and still may drive.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

We made it home without incident. AirTran had overbooked our flight by three seats at MCO. Asking for volunteers to go next day.
    GOOD LUCK with that one.
    We had no problem getting into western PA. I sure looked funny in the airport (Pittsburgh) in my shorts and INTERCOT t-shirt though. I did get some stares. All I needed was a camera around my neck. Raining and cold with a sloppy drive home.
    Pixie Dust for everyone on there way home.
    Lanny
    Have been going to WDW since 1981
    Have a Great Day
    Health and Happiness to all Disney Freaks

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, anyone contemplating driving...be careful. Wait until the storm winds are long gone.

I had to drive from Richmond, VA to Dulles Airport to pick up my car yesterday (could only get a flight into Richmond yesterday morning, so I took it) and the drive was treacherous. There are a LOT of very tall trees along 95 and it was so windy that limbs were breaking off and falling into the road. At this time, that part of VA is getting some of the worst of this storm in terms of rain/wind, and there are lots of waterways down there with bridges to cross. Taking a western route is also not really an option, due to the blizzard conditions there.

If you can, fly into an airport further northwest, like Pittsburgh or Allentown and drive down to the PHL area from there.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update Nat. Glad you got home safely through that mess. I do think at this point we are gonna drive, and wait to leave until tomorrow morning. We wouldn't be in the VA area until sometime tomorrow evening, at which point the winds should have passed that area and hopefully roads cleared. The storm is heading west and has sped up, so I think it's too late to fly into another PA city, we would likely hit more bad weather coming that way. Our flight for weds already has a 4 hr layover in ATL and with so many flights still being cancelled, it's definitely plausible that even if that flight gets out we could be delayed even further. Like I said, DH hates flying as it is, and he just wants to get home. We would rather spend a day driving than another day sitting around here and then a day sitting around at airports. Right now it seems like 95 is still a mess with road closures, accidents etc but we are banking on smooth sailing through the southern states. We do have relatives in MD so if we can get there, we can stop off if need be.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

I have a direct flight on Wednesday night, but I moved to the airport Marriott to be out of the Disney temptation zone, because I really have to work. Wow. Looks pretty dumpy on the outside, but my room is gorgeous with a writing desk and a big cushy king bed. I'm going to write like a fiend for two whole days! In my zebra pants. Naturally.

But I am worried about my family back home and I won't be able to see my daughter before she heads back to school, so, bummer. On the other hand, I have power and comfort, so yay.

P.S. I really wanted to meet Nat and I didn't get to do so.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to everyone trying to get home! Hope nobody invites Sandy to ICOT 20!
    ºoº figgie ºoº - Now living our dreams in sunny Florida close to the mouse!

Post Thanks / Like

We're still debating what to do. The flight they had us on had an hour layover in Dulles tomorrow night before departing for Allentown. Now the layover has turned into 12 hours. And if the MCO segment to Dulles gets cancelled, I have big problems. Hate to make the long drive, but sitting in an airport for that long doesn't sound appealing either
    °O° Ria°O°

11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Home to madness

I came home yesterday evening into Pittsburgh.

My job is call center support for a large company with call centers in Portsmouth, NH, Waltham, MA, Wilmington, DE, Chelmsford, MD, and Swedesboro, NJ... in addition to others.

So all day..... I shut down these sites, re-routed their calls, helped them log in from home, pretty much dealt with madness.

From to

At 11:30 AM, I looked at my 20th EMERGENCY request and said in my head "Yesterday at this time, I was at the Drop Off at Art of Animation"

I hope everyone is safe. We are expecting it tonight 4 to 6 inches over the next 24 hours.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Default And if you come into Pittsburgh... and get stuck

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    If you can, fly into an airport further northwest, like Pittsburgh or Allentown and drive down to the PHL area from there.
    If you make it in Pittsburgh... and get stuck I will be there to take you to dinner at Primanti's.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

We are risking the drive. Leaving Ft. Lauderdale at 7am. We've done it before, and it stinks, but DH especially can't afford to miss work and we also want to be around to help with any clean up. We will be safe, DH's aunt in MD will be keeping us updated and if conditions are still bad we will get a hotel if we have to. Good luck to all.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by figgie View Post
    Good luck to everyone trying to get home! Hope nobody invites Sandy to ICOT 20!
    My vote is ICOT20 @ the DIsneyland Resort.

Bad weather isn't allowed in So. Cal.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Finally getting out of here tomorrow, flying into Reagan National. It's been quite the adventure for some of us to get flights rearranged, etc. I will never forget this trip!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: