Quantcast CBR not a safe place!!!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down CBR not a safe place!!!!

I just came back from a 8 day 7 night trip to Disney World. We stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort and my expiriences was less than magical. Everyday we notice things had moved in our suitcases and stuff but we didn't pay too much attention.
    On my last night after returning from The Spirit of Aloha show we noticed that One of our Ipad's was gone!!! I call management and they say they could not do anything more than give me a number to file a claim. The security guard had no clue what he had to do and although Josh the manager was very nice I feel that no one was talking the issue seriously.

Now I am waiting for disney burocracy and for someone to provide me with an update. It is sad. At this point I am not sure what else to do except to wait for the claims departmen....

In summary please avoid this location if you can because your privacy will be violated and someone might steal something!!!!!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience, but I have to say - we just stayed there in September (2 rooms for 10 days) and had great mousekeeping and no problems. It sounds like you hit one awful employee - but that shouldn't make an assumption about the whole resort. I hope you get the issue resolved!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that's terrible! I just returned from a 7 night stay at CBR too and as far as I can tell nothing was stolen from us.

I did have a run in with a large palmetto that left me a bit freaked out. It was in my sock, that I had just put on my foot!! The management was nice enough to give us a new room as I didn't know where that bugger ran off to. There was no way I was going to be able to sleep in a room that I know has a huge cockroach on the loose!

I hope you get some resolution to your missing ipad!!
    February 4-11 AoA
    October 13-20 2012 CBR
    November 7-13 2010 Pop
    November 3-10 2009 Polynesian
    September 19-26 2008, CBR Honeymoon
    May 11-18 2007, CBR engaged <3
    April/May 2006, OKW
    July 2004, All Star Movies
    June 1981, Sheraton World
    June 1976 somwhere offsite[/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I was not able to sleep the last night. I am just sad of how that one event ruined my whole week...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Find iPad app

Doesn't iPad have a app that you can find where it's at. I know the iPhones have it and I thought the iPad has it too.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hear that, what a terrible way to end a trip. Did you have the find my ipad app on it? Have you given it a try? If nothing else you can use it to wipe any sensitive info that may be on it.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I did...But it seems they have already reset the ipad...it always shows offline

Post Thanks / Like

As others have asked, did you have the Where's my IPad app? A flight attendant stole a passenger's IPad during a flight. The police checked the app and it took them right to the flight attendant in her apartment trying to hack into it to reset the settings.
    07/95 FW
    12/96 Off Prop
    11/97 CBR
    12/98 ASM
    12/01 ASMo
    11/03 Off Prop
    12/04 ASMo
    12/07 ASSp, Pop
    12/09 ASM
    09/10 FW, SSR
    11/11 SSR
    02/12 POR
    05/12 OKW
    01/13 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flames24 View Post
    Doesn't iPad have a app that you can find where it's at. I know the iPhones have it and I thought the iPad has it too.
    I'm fairly confident it only works well if you have 3G (Data Contract) on it.. I think it works, but you'll probably only get as close as a town to it. WiFi isn't as tracable as cellular data.

Post Thanks / Like

ine was a WIFI only Ipad....so I am guessing I will not be lucky...I just can pray that Disney does the right thing. But not holding my breath

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dario View Post
    ine was a WIFI only Ipad....so I am guessing I will not be lucky...I just can pray that Disney does the right thing. But not holding my breath
    I'll confirm tonight, just to be sure. I've got one of each. I would guess it's a device ID it uses, so just wiping the firmware shouldn't be enough to hide it, but WiFi usually only tracks down to a router used by the ISP. You might get an IP out of it, and then be able to track that, BUT, I think you'll need to keep trying until they are actually online.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'll be! Both iPads show very close to each other, one about 30 feet from e, the other about 20. One is 3G the other is not. Go figure! Good luck! Wait till it comes online, you can at the very least, lock it...

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

First off every Apple device has a device ID that you need to register it with iTunes. Just call Apple, report your device stolen, and when someone registers it with iTunes you'll be able to track them down through the credit card they use for purchases.

In terms of any hope of getting it back, I wouldn't be too optimistic. Every single time I've lost something at WDW it's "magically" never turned up (pun definitely intended).
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you had a bad experience. The only time we had something disappear (two sweatshirts that we left with our luggage before our room was ready), Disney did nothing except tell us we could file a claim with our homeowners' insurance.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Unfortunately I think this is another instance of the bad behavior of a few forcing Disney into some inside-out thinking instead of outside-in.

Disney got this reputation as a company who would do whatever to please their guests. Over the years your typical shady types started to take advantage. I lost this, I lost that ... this character did this or that to my kid I want a free pass or free lunch or whatever.

Eventually Disney started to view their guests more as a nuisance and a bunch of greedy, never happy grumblers who made their lives difficult. That's unfortunately what happens when you have the same leadership team in place over an extended period of time.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sending this to the Accommodations forum.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really sorry this happened to you. Nothing like some dishonesty to ruin an experience.

You will probably get nowhere with Disney, but you can certainly file a claim with your homeowner's or renter's insurance. I know my company covers loss due to theft of personal items while on vacation. Check into it.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!

October 2013 - AKL!!!!
    2013 - Hilton DTD!
    2012 -CBR
    2012 - Hilton DTD
    2011 - POFQ
    2011 - Hilton DTD
    2010 - POLY
    2009 - ASMu
    2005 - ASMo
    2003 - College Program
    2000 - College Program

Post Thanks / Like

I have traveled a lot (for work mostly) and I always worry about my things. I never bring along expensive jewelry and, if I can't lock up my valuable electronics, I either leave them at home or carry them with me. Sadly there is no place where you can be certain this won't happen....not even Disney.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, after watching how easy people can get into almost any hotel room with a key card, I would not bet that this was done by an employee. There are plans on how to build and code the device to open almost all card key locks at hotels for about $50. Once you have it, it takes less than 2s to get into the door.

I can't seem to find the article, but the news crew did it at a Hilton Garden Inn to show how easy it is. You can look for it on Yahoo and see if you can find it. The segment clearly shows how unsafe it is in any hotel with a key card access. Nothing is safe, even in the room safe. There is an segment somewhere on how easy it is to get a master key or reset the combination.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17