Quantcast MNSSHP Sold Out

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: MNSSHP Sold Out

Post Thanks / Like

Default MNSSHP Sold Out

I just read that the MNSSHP is sold out for tonight, I'm wondering about how many tickets sold that would be. Does anyone know? We have tickets for the last party...can't wait! I've read so much about this event on Intercot that I just HAD to go to at least one.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

They don't announce the number of tickets sold. It used to be hard capped at about 10,000 people. Now it's much higher.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, well I've been there on New Year's Eve for the past few years; so I figure anything less than capacity will be good. I was just curious about what "Sold Out" would mean.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Mode View Post
    I was just curious about what "Sold Out" would mean.
    "Sold out" on hard ticket nights is FAR from capacity. But they do sell a let more than they used to. It used to be the parks felt almost empty on party nights. It was wonderful. Now it can get pretty crowded.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I remenber years ago it being empty. last year it was wall to wall.

A tip for anyone who has never gone before. Be inside of the Magic Kingdom well before the party starts. Even though they don't have as many guest at the party as they do regular hours, it's the fact everyone is trying to get in at the same time and it is a mob scene. I know most of us will be there all day, but for anyone who is not, try to be in the park by late afternoon if possible.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

We went to the party on Friday and it was dead! Not a crowd to be seen or a line to wait in! But I'm sure it wasn't sold out!

Hope you have a great time!
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

The only problem I have with Disney selling out at these hard-ticket parties is this: they'll have more parties. It's bad enough that 4 out of 7 nights during Christmas have parties, which means you have to pay hundreds more for fireworks that should be included in the price of my base ticket. But with sell outs, they may be tempted to add more parties, raise the price significantly, raise the amount of people allowed into the park, or all three. That's bad news for us penny pinchers.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell what the *approximate* number of guests is, for "sold-out" hard-ticket events, and for days like Christmas/New Year's

PM me
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

We went on 10/11 and I just did not enjoy it. It was so crowded, people were rude, and we missed the fireworks due to getting stuck in the haunted mansion because the line was so long. I enjoy the Christmas party much more.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at the party on 10/18 and it was pretty crowded compared to parties I have been to in the past. It was still a great time and worth going to once in awhile but I wouldn't go every year. Haunted mansion was only a 15 minute wait which I thought would be the worst for a party night.
    We talked to a family in line that went to the party on Tuesday night and had so much fun they wanted to go back on Thursday but it was sold out. Soon as I heard that it was sold out it made sense why it was crowded.
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDawgette View Post
    We went to the party on Friday and it was dead! Not a crowd to be seen or a line to wait in! But I'm sure it wasn't sold out!

Hope you have a great time!
    Ditto!! We were there as well and it was great. No lines and the crowd were so relaxed. I loved it... We did go one year on Halloween and it was sold out and very crowded. The CM said it’s bad on Halloween night, but all the other nights it’s very low, so if we go again I will defiantly pick an off night...
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

We like MNSSHP so much that we've gone two times in one week on past trips.
    We've really cut down on the time we spend in the parks. In fact, we're talking about only going for the MNSSHP and the MVMCP in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

We went to the Halloween party for our first time on the 10/30 - it was packed, wall to wall bodies. We will never do it again. It just seemed like we paid twice to be in the park for one day, you know what I mean? There were long long lines at every candy spot, hour wait for Peter Pan and other rides, just not worth it. The fireworks were wonderful though and we loved the story lady outside Haunted Mansion. But the crowds were no different than a packed day at the park - making the party not so special.
    Dahling!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arm00leg View Post
    We went to the Halloween party for our first time on the 10/30 - it was packed, wall to wall bodies. We will never do it again. It just seemed like we paid twice to be in the park for one day, you know what I mean? There were long long lines at every candy spot, hour wait for Peter Pan and other rides, just not worth it. The fireworks were wonderful though and we loved the story lady outside Haunted Mansion. But the crowds were no different than a packed day at the park - making the party not so special.
    If you went into MK before 4 pm. then you DID pay twice to be in the park that day.

But in general the closer to Halloween, the more crowded the parties are. We've been several times in early to mid-October and found the crowds to be very light. We had a great time, but the price has gotten completely out if hand since we first started going to MNSSHP. We probably won't be going anytime again soon; it's just not a very good value anymore, even though HalloWishes is totally awesome.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Share This Thread On Social Media: