Quantcast Backstage Magic Tour vs. Keys to the Kingdom

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Backstage Magic Tour vs. Keys to the Kingdom

I didn't know about the Backstage Magic Tour until this weekend. We were researching the various tours here on Intercot and saw that one.

My DW and I will be going to WDW without the kids in April, and we are considering doing one of these tours. Suggestions? I'm sure they're both spectacular.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Backstage Magic is kind of a once in a lifetime experience. Its pricey, but since its an entire day, only the best of the best of tour guides will host this tour. Keys to the Kingdom departs multiple times each day.

If you primarily want to see the utilidor under the Magic Kingdom, Keys may be enough. Backstage will take you to several parks.

As far as the cost, both include lunch (but Backstage should be nicer). Keys requires Magic Kingdom admission for the day while Backstage doesn't require park admission for that day. Depending on how many days you plan on paying for admission, this could make Backstage a bit more affordable.

Before you book the Backstage, I suggest you Google recent reviews of the tours to see what stops the tour has been currently making--this may help you decide if you want a full day. I can't comment on this since its been a long, long time since I did this tour and I know that several highlights of my tour will have changed. Okay, to brag, when I did the tour we got to see the Wonders of Life simulator from backstage--moving around quite a bit more than I expected, took an animation drawing and painting lesson at the operating animation building (still have the cell I painted), lunch (at Mama Melrose's) included a private performance by a Studios street performer with a backstage question and answer session following, and a visit to the Magic Kingdom parade control/computer room (where even the tour guide seemed amazed to just how much the staff encouraged us to come in and continued to answer questions even as the parade was going on). A great day.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the Keys to the Kingdom tour a lot of walking?
    BLT Owners as of 11/09!

Post Thanks / Like

I've only done the Backstage Magic Tour, and it has also been many years ago for me that I did it as well. I loved it, and would certainly do it again if I had the chance, and the time. For me I felt it was well worth the money.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome. I will definitely google it. Is this something that we have to book far in advance?
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Backstage Magic is only offered on select days and only holds a small group--it would be best to book as far in advance as possible to avoid disappointment. Keys to the Kingdom is offered several times each day, but I've read some postings suggesting the earliest time was the best (possibly longer tour as well as being allowed to enter Main Street early).

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: