Quantcast Time to start packing!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Time to start packing!!

Wonder what the weather will be like? Is it still rainy?? I need to tackle the pile of stuff I have been throwing in my suitcase - I am only off work 2 more days before we leave!! One more cup of coffee and I WlLL get organized.

I am hoping to pack light for this trip and do laundry once during the week at AoA.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Chris will come along and give you a real forecast, but I can tell you what I've been seeing.

The rain is pretty much gone, though there is a small chance this Friday. Days have been mid 80s by the end of the day but mornings have been in the mid-high 70's.

It is starting to drop into the high 60's a night but by night I mean after midnight.

Really great weather lately. Crossing my fingers that it holds.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Default Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    Wonder what the weather will be like? Is it still rainy?? I need to tackle the pile of stuff I have been throwing in my suitcase - I am only off work 2 more days before we leave!! One more cup of coffee and I WlLL get organized.

I am hoping to pack light for this trip and do laundry once during the week at AoA.
    I have a picture of me and Kat doing laundry at AoA in my head... of course with a drink in our hands.

I am bringing 4 T shirts and a hoodie. Capri's, Shorts, and a pair of jeans. Mack (10) will be bringing 8 complete outfits. She gets attacked by Mickey Bars. its not pretty.

And I have to bring a bathing suit because I have to go underwater once to hear the Nemo characters.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Just took a look at Chris's weather report myself. Same thing as Cindy said above. There's a blip on the radar a system could come through Saturday (our big EPCOT day) that could dump some rain but she indicates this model is incorrect and I hope she's right! A rain-out would be inconvenient, but it would keep crowds down at F&W Fest!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

I started throwing stuff in the suitcase yesterday, but won't really pack until Sunday this week.

I can't believe it's almost here!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JMTStone View Post

And I have to bring a bathing suit because I have to go underwater once to hear the Nemo characters.
    Really?? I normally don't put my head underwater- I am more of a hot tub or water aerobics person- but my suit just got packed - just in case I decide to try the pool!

Wishes!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    I started throwing stuff in the suitcase yesterday, but won't really pack until Sunday this week.

I can't believe it's almost here!
    On Sunday I am going to parents day at my youngest college and the Philadelphia Ballet so the days are really getting tight before we leave next Weds. And in the last week I changed jobs and went from 12 hours to 32. At least I will have more money to pay for the trip when I get home.

Wishes!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    On Sunday I am going to parents day at my youngest college and the Philadelphia Ballet so the days are really getting tight before we leave next Weds. And in the last week I changed jobs and went from 12 hours to 32. At least I will have more money to pay for the trip when I get home.
    That's great! More money is always good right?!

I just started my lists. My family makes fun of me, but I need to have a list to keep everything organized! I have a work list, a home list and a packing list. Just stuff I need to remember to do between now and next Thursday!
    Meg

Post Thanks / Like

I printed out my packing spreadsheet last night.

I'm planning on short sleeves, capris, shorts, etc. with a long sleeve jacket available for night time and cold A/C. Oh, and a poncho. We got caught in an extended downpour in Epcot on our summer trip, and I don't think I'll ever set foot in a park again without a poncho. (although it made for a very memorable day!)

Must sort my trading pins. Looking forward to getting some new pins for my collection!

Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking capri's and short sleeves mainly too Kathy. With a WDW and Yeti hoodie for chilly evenings and air conditioned places. I'm a huge freeze baby, so I almost always have a hoodie with me!

Can't beleve we are in the single digits. This time next week I will be "too excited to sleep" and will be obsessing over what I have packed. I'm on a 7 am flight, so I need to be in bed by 9. That should be interesting!
    Meg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    I printed out my packing spreadsheet last night.

I'm planning on short sleeves, capris, shorts, etc. with a long sleeve jacket available for night time and cold A/C. Oh, and a poncho.

Kathy
    Ditto... suitcase came out last week, started throwing misc non-clothing items in... just today got the clothes settled except for a few things, so excited!

Also planning on short sleeves, bringing a few tank type blouses just in case... shorts & capris, one hoodie... one skirt... swim suit for sure (for hitting the hot tubs... ) and many pair of flip flops.

One week from right now, I will be too excited to sleep, and so will my DH!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    One week from right now, I will be too excited to sleep, and so will my DH!
    Aye matey!
    Dan

"why is the rum always gone?"

'79, '88, '97
    '06 CBR, Oct 11-14, 2007 (I'cot's 10th), Dec '08 CBR, Oct '09 CBR/AKL, Aug '11 CBR, Oct '11 AKL, Oct 25-29, 2012 (I'cot's 15th)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    I'm thinking capri's and short sleeves mainly too Kathy. With a WDW and Yeti hoodie for chilly evenings and air conditioned places. I'm a huge freeze baby, so I almost always have a hoodie with me!

Can't beleve we are in the single digits. This time next week I will be "too excited to sleep" and will be obsessing over what I have packed. I'm on a 7 am flight, so I need to be in bed by 9. That should be interesting!
    I took a look at the weather for Orlando (10 day forecast) and it looks great so far. Looks like low 80s and mostly sunny! Meg, I can't wait to meet you...I'm from Duluth, MN! But I live in Missouri now. My sister lives in Mpls. - Rosemount to be exact
    Melissa
    "I'm Goofy for Mickey"

2008 - Dolphin, 2010 - Port Orleans, 2011 - Coronado Springs, 2012 - Beach Club, 2013 - Beach Club, Next Trip Oct 2014 - My first trip to Disneyland!!!

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaW View Post
    I took a look at the weather for Orlando (10 day forecast) and it looks great so far. Looks like low 80s and mostly sunny! Meg, I can't wait to meet you...I'm from Duluth, MN! But I live in Missouri now. My sister lives in Mpls. - Rosemount to be exact
    Yeah for Minnesota Girls!!!! Can't wait to meet you too!
    Meg

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes! You guys are smart. Knowing myself, I probably won't start packing until an hour before I have to leave for the airport!
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Yikes! You guys are smart. Knowing myself, I probably won't start packing until an hour before I have to leave for the airport!
    Typical guy

Even though I don't leave until Tuesday, I have to be all packed up tonight! I'm at a conference Friday til Tuesday morning. I give my last paper at 10:15, conference over at 1, I'm at the airport at 2 and it's wheels up at 4:35!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Starting to pack too! Weather looks like it's going to be perfect! Can't wait to meet you guys!

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

QUESTION: Who here still has an old-school YELLOW poncho from Disney World?!?! I'm packing mine in case of rain -- I always stick out in a crowd when I wear it! Most people have the clear ones now!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    QUESTION: Who here still has an old-school YELLOW poncho from Disney World?!?! I'm packing mine in case of rain -- I always stick out in a crowd when I wear it! Most people have the clear ones now!
    I still have these ones too! I almost never pack them, but wear them here from time to time when I'm in the rain!
    Meg

Post Thanks / Like

I still have yellow ones - but I'm an umbrella gal. Don't like the way the ponchos get that sticky feeling.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: