Quantcast Meeting for Sat's breakfast

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Meeting for Sat's breakfast

Just a quick, perhaps stupid question. I see that we are supposed to meet at 8 am at EPCOT guest relations on Saturday. That is at the front of the park, correct? What would be the easiest way get there if I am staying at an EPCOT resort? I am assuming we won't be able to get through the International Gateway to cut through before 8. Is there another way to get to the front of the pak or should I take a taxi? Thanks in advance for any advice.
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We're staying at The Beach Club and my plan is to cab it over to the main gate that morning. Can't wait!!!!

Maria
    1980?–DL,1988 – DL,Nov. 2002(off-site),Oct.'04 WL, Oct.'07 WL,Feb. '09 Poly, Feb.'10 Poly,Dec. 2010 Contemp., April '11 DL. Sept.'11-Poly, Dec.'11-Yacht Club , June '12- POFQ,Aug. 2012-Disneyland ,Oct. 2012 I-15 BC NEXT UP: April 2013- The Disney Fantasy Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

I'm at BC too and was thinking of driving to the front of the park. We have a car, I think that's easiest.

I have room for 2 more, if anyone in the BC area needs a ride!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Have any of you called your resort and asked them that question? We're an official paying event and we can't be the first ones who have done this.

Someone said you *may* be able to walk thru international gateway - but I'm honestly not sure.

Maybe one of you folks can get the official word and share
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I just found out that I'm staying at the Beach Club too and this will be my first time at the Beach Club or Deluxe, so I'm so very excited! I can't wait to be a part of these festivities!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Have any of you called your resort and asked them that question? We're an official paying event and we can't be the first ones who have done this.

Someone said you *may* be able to walk thru international gateway - but I'm honestly not sure.

Thanks for your wonderful leadership John! I will call first thing tomorrow morning and report back!

BTW....Our "Yetiwear" has arrived! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Maria
    1980?–DL,1988 – DL,Nov. 2002(off-site),Oct.'04 WL, Oct.'07 WL,Feb. '09 Poly, Feb.'10 Poly,Dec. 2010 Contemp., April '11 DL. Sept.'11-Poly, Dec.'11-Yacht Club , June '12- POFQ,Aug. 2012-Disneyland ,Oct. 2012 I-15 BC NEXT UP: April 2013- The Disney Fantasy Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaW View Post
    I just found out that I'm staying at the Beach Club too and this will be my first time at the Beach Club or Deluxe, so I'm so very excited! I can't wait to be a part of these festivities!
    My first stay there too!!! Can't wait!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry you found out this way!

My wonderful friend, Melissa, had chosen to be surprised about where I booked us. Since she's always the one planning the trips for her family, she wanted to be surprised. After I had posted info about where we were staying, I thought, "I'd better warn her not to read any of my posts". Too late.

I'll try to think of something else to surprise you with since I ruined this one!

Maria

Post Thanks / Like

I am an Intercot newbie and am totally hooked! Can't wait to meet everyone!
    Melissa
    "I'm Goofy for Mickey"

2008 - Dolphin, 2010 - Port Orleans, 2011 - Coronado Springs, 2012 - Beach Club, 2013 - Beach Club, Next Trip Oct 2014 - My first trip to Disneyland!!!

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    I'm at BC too and was thinking of driving to the front of the park. We have a car, I think that's easiest.

I have room for 2 more, if anyone in the BC area needs a ride!
    Oh my gosh, that is so incredibly nice of you! We have 3 so, unless we can get in through the International Gateway, we’ll have to go with the cab. You kindness only makes me more certain that it was a good decision to make this trip. I’m so happy to be a part of this great Disney community! I can’t wait to meet everyone!

Maria

Post Thanks / Like

My awesome friend, Maria should have known since she was the one that got me totally hooked! Seems like I can't get enough of reading all the boards and listening to the podcasts! I'm on Cloud 9 and have been since we started planning our trip! No worries Maria!
    Melissa
    "I'm Goofy for Mickey"

2008 - Dolphin, 2010 - Port Orleans, 2011 - Coronado Springs, 2012 - Beach Club, 2013 - Beach Club, Next Trip Oct 2014 - My first trip to Disneyland!!!

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I am an Intercot newbie and am totally hooked! Can't wait to meet everyone!
    to Intercot!

The anniversary party is going to be fantastic! There are a great group people on the boards and coming to the meet.

I'll will be your almost neighbor. My family and I are staying at the Yacht Club.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

When I was at the Yacht club last summer, and doing the Segway tour at 7:30am, the YC provided a cab for me. I was not able to go walk thru the international gateway entrance, and the Cast Member working at the front desk told me they did NOT provide cabs, but I pushed the issue (asked her to please go get her manager for me), and she came back with a cab voucher for me to use. Might be worth asking at the frnot desk.... I did this the night before the tour if that helps. The reason I even pushed the issue for a cab was because I KNOW the WDW prides themselves on their transportation and getting you to where/what ever you have paid for.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mariak View Post

I'll try to think of something else to surprise you with since I ruined this one!

Maria
    Bring her to get a Dole Whip at the dole whip meet.....
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

OK, so, I started out with The Beach Club and talked to Judy who said that she thought we could get in through the International Gateway as long as we had our “paperwork” but she wasn’t exactly certain so she transferred me to “Tours”. There, I spoke with Esther Gayle who said that, when she books tours, she gives guests who are staying at the Epcot resorts a confirmation number so that they may enter the park early through the IG. However, for something like this, she said that we’d need to talk to the event coordinator (John?) in order to get that set up and get confirmation numbers (if possible).

During the course of our conversation, Esther Gayle added that it would be faster to take a cab from the resort to the main entrance than to walk through the International Gateway all the way to the front. Probably true but, when we have our “Disney walk” on, we’re pretty darn fast.

Anyway, not sure if I should pursue this and try to call Epcot directly or not but I think we’ll probably just take a cab as planned. My plan is to talk to the concierge Friday night to make sure we have a cab Saturday morning.

Maria

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to ask our Event person at Disney - not sure what event code we would use.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to ask our Event person at Disney - not sure what event code we would use.
    John,

You've got quite a bit on your plate right now. I think cabs will be fine and shouldn't cost too much either. If you want to pursue this, let me know if there is anything I can do to help....or if you need help with anything.

Thank you so much for EVERYTHING!!!

Maria

Post Thanks / Like

I'm fine taking a cab. Please don't make any more work for yourself....you've done so much already! Thank you And thank you for calling, mariak!
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TiggeRia View Post
    And thank you for calling, mariak!
    You're welcome. I was happy to do it. Even if it is longer to walk through, I think it would have been really cool to do so before the park opens. See you there!

Maria

Post Thanks / Like

Question for the rest of us: I'm staying at the Contemporary. Will the monorails be working that early in the morning? Will there be busses?
    I tend the think there will be, because some people might have early morning ADR's at Akershus, etc. so there's got to be some transportation running at that time of day, right?
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media: