Quantcast Darth Macho's 2012 Dream Trip: Day 13 of 14

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Darth Macho's 2012 Dream Trip: Day 13 of 14

Darth Macho’s Dream Trip, Day 13
    Once In A Blue Moon…

The Cast:
    DM: Darth Macho (41yo)
    DW: Darth Wife (41yo)
    DD1: Darth Daughter 1 (11yo)
    DD2: Darth Daughter 2 (8yo)

The Stage:
    Magic Kingdom, Tomorrowland

The Report:

(Sorry this took so long, but just like the actual trip, I didn’t really want it to end. Anyway, here’s the Day 13 Report…)

Today was our last full day, and our last day at the parks. Despite this, it was a real struggle to get everyone up at the 7AM wake-up call, and we were just getting to the bus stop when I had hoped to be at the Magic Kingdom entrance and heading towards Space Mountain. I feared the line to Space Mountain would be too long to wait by the time we got there, so I figured we’d have to get a FP and ride it later.

When we arrived at the park, we were surprised to see that all of the fall and Halloween decorations had already been out up all along Main Street! I guess I shouldn’t have been, because the Halloween merchandise had been in the stores for a week already. It was kind of nice to get a chance to see the fall décor, but I just wasn’t mentally ready for the summer to be over yet.

We made our way to Tomorrowland, where as it turned out, Space Mountain had a stand-by of 10 minutes posted. Luck and smaller crowds were apparently on our side. I decided to get a FP anyway, and the kids and I got on Space in no time. DW decided not to join us, as she’s not a big fan of the ride.

Next we got onto Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, and DW hit something big because she scored over 800000 points, much more than the rest of us. From there we decided it would be prudent to get onto the tediously loading Astro Orbiter while the line was only at 10 minutes. Once that was done, we got back on Space Mountain with our FP, which thrilled the kids.

Next we visited the oft-maligned Stitch’s Great Escape, which happens to be DD2’s favorite attraction. When she told me that, I kid of felt bad that I made her wait the whole two weeks to see it. In any case, we enjoyed it and since we were getting hungry, we opted for an early lunch at an old favorite, Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café, where we had some good food with an embarrassing amount of liquid cheese added, and watched Sonny Eclipse do his thing.

After lunch I thought it would be a good idea to get the Speedway out of the way. I don’t care for that type of ride, but the kids always love it, so I had them go on there own and I was happy that DD2 was just tall enough to ride alone. They waited about 15-20 minutes as I watched them from the grandstand. Unfortunately, a really little kid and his mom were driving in front of them and stopped short a lot, and the kid behind DD1 kept crashing into her because of that. That’s just another reason why I hate that ride. They came out unscathed, and we moved on to another favorite of ours, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. Thankfully I wasn’t picked to be “That Guy”, but they flash my DD’s on the screen with the caption, “Likes to Make Funny Faces”, although they were so stunned to see themselves, they didn’t even make any faces. They did use DD2’s joke, which was “Why did the cow cross the road?” the answer being, “To get to the udder side.” I asked DD2 where she heard that, and she claims she made it up, which made me proud.

Next was a ride on the TTA, but while we were riding, we noticed the soundtrack wasn’t playing. The music was, but the narration wasn’t, which surprisingly detracted from the ride. I do like the old spiel better, but I wanted to have something. It was also the first time I’d ever been on that ride when it broke down.
    After that, we had just one thing left to do in Tomorrowland, which was Carousel of Progress. I was happy that the kids liked it, because it’s a favorite of mine. I’d like to see them update that last scene again, but I’m also fine if they don’t.

The kids were psyched because Space Mountain had an unusually short line for mid-day, a stand-by of 20 minutes, so we went on again. We were shocked when DW joined us, but we weren’t surprised after hearing all of her screaming that she said it was the last time she’d ride that again.

It was a great way to wrap up Tomorrowland though, as we had come full circle.

Having made great time covering Tomorrowland, I suggested we branch out and head over to Adventureland because I wanted to ride Jungle Cruise again, having recently come to appreciate it more, so we did that and Pirates of the Caribbean. I wasn’t sure we could fit in the mountains, but the girls wanted to try, and we ended up getting FP for Splash and then getting in the stand-by for Thunder. To kill time before our FP, we did the loop on the WDW Railroad, but when we got back and were about to get into the FP line, we were turned away because Splash was just closed indefinitely. We were all disappointed that we might not get one of our favorite rides in before the trip ended, but the girls found it fascinating to see an empty log stuck at the top of the big drop, and we wondered if the riders had been evacuated, leading to DD2 peppering me with questions about how that works, as kids always do, and me answering as best I could, and fudging the rest, as parents always do.

With our plan derailed a bit, we headed back towards the hub, but we took the long way through stores in Frontierland and Liberty Square before arriving at Plaza Restaurant for our final ADR of the trip. We were all out of DDP credits, so we paid out of pocket, however this is why I chose Plaza, because we wanted to stick to a lighter bill and fare for that last sit-down. Of course the desserts put everything over the top, but hey, what can you do?

At this point I had to ask the kids if they wanted to stay at MK, or go back to Pop and swim, and that we wouldn’t have time for both. I could tell they were torn, but they decided to stay at the park. I was happy they chose that because I certainly didn’t want this to end.

Having decided to stay, we ran into the “Move It, Shake It” parade for the millionth time of the trip, and paused to watch a little before heading over to Splash to find that it was up and running! Thankfully they were honoring FPs from the breakdown, so we got right on.

It was getting dark, so I suggested we head back over to Tomorrowland in order to enjoy the nighttime ambiance of that land. We fit in Stitch and Monsters again, two attractions that I think don’t get their due, and we finished things off with a nighttime ride on the TTA. This time the soundtrack was working, and we had a fabulous ride. While we were going around for our final spin, we got a great view of the Blue Moon, and I couldn’t help but think of how fitting it was to end that way because a trip like this only comes once in a blue moon. I’ll be grateful for as long as I live to have experienced this wonderful two weeks with my three beautiful girls. It makes me so happy to just think about it and to share it all with you.

It wasn’t entirely over just yet, because as we were leaving MK, we stopped to watch, Magic, Memories, and You. I thought the projector effects were excellent, but I thought the photos were a waste of time. I would not have recognized my own kids from that distance. I can see why they are going to go in a different direction with that soon. We elected to watch the fireworks from the bus stop because we were anxious to get back before the busses got too crowded. Of course the final walk from MK was really difficult, because you just never know when you’re getting back again, and that makes me sad.

We were all really tired though, so our bodies were certainly ready to wrap things up. Of course the kids wanted to go swimming when we got back. Sadly, neither DW nor I had the energy to do that, so we didn’t go. In retrospect, I wish I had taken them, but I can’t be too upset because we had made a choice to stay at MK, and had a great time. We hit the hay knowing we had just one day left at WDW, and that was going to be spent checking out Pop Century.

Stay tuned for that, and all of my final thoughts…
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What an amazing day! It's always sad to know you're leaving, but you managed to really enjoy the MK on this last day of your visit.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Aww, last day!

Sounds like another fun, full one!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

You and your family made some wonderful, magical memories on this day!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

A great report, thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like

What an excellent last park day! That final walk down Main Street before leaving is the worst, but you had a great time and created great memories. Thanks for taking us along.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you made the most of your last park day. I've got to agree... when you walk out of those gates... your heart feels heavy... knowing you've had a wonderful time... and longing for the next trip. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!
    3/88 & 3/91 off site
    3/02 ASMov
    10/03 ASSp
    5/04 adults only!(POP)
    11/04 ASMov
    1/06 CBR
    3/07 5th anniv.(POP)
    2/08 ASMov
    10/10 5k-solo trip!(ASMov)
    2/2011 princess half(POR)
    10/2012 MNSSHP(AoA)
    10/2014 ToT 10-miler(CBR)
    11/2017 family trip(POP)

FUTURE TRIPS
    1/2019 ASMusic

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the trip report!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Last days in the Magic Kingdom, sad but magical too! Glad that you had such a great day of memories. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

I have really enjoyed reading these reports...it sounds like you all had an amazing trip. And I'm glad y'all got one last trip down Splash Mountain.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Did I miss your ride on Haunted Mansion? Don't tell me you skipped my favorite? Thanks for the reports anyway

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, my heart is breaking reading this! I know that feeling of the "last look" and the uncertainty of when you'll see it next.

Oh, the blue moon for sure!
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: