Quantcast Big Thunder Mountain Interactive Queue Coming Soon - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't like gaps in lines, whether in traffic or in a pedestrian queue. Never mind if it won't make any difference in how soon we get there. Most people would rather wait in a constantly moving line for 30 minutes than stand still and wait for 20. It's all in our perception.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would prefer posters, pictures, etc, that generate discussion and prime the imagination in these queue lines than some "interactive" game. The Splash Mountain queue, and even the Pirates queue, have enough atmosphere and little things to get the mind going. I would prefer going in that direction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    I like queues that rides like Everest, Kali, Toy Story, and Star Tours has better than the ones they added to Soarin', Space Mountain, Pooh, and Haunted Mansion.
    I have to agree with this, even though I am interested to see what they put here... I've found the "games" that they have in Space Mtn to be a bit of an issue at times, as kids don't want to stop playing to move along, and parents either force them (aka tears and whining) or allow them to stay (aka waiting when there's no need to wait)

The way the did the queue for HM I think is better... quick things to explore and try, but nothing you feel like you need to "finish".

So, it'd be nice if they had some good new themeing and interesting things to read/look at, etc., but hopefully no games, etc.
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I have not been since all this interactive stuff was added to the ride lines but it seems silly to me.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneynarula View Post
    I have not been since all this interactive stuff was added to the ride lines but it seems silly to me.
    This is just my opinion, but I like them, even if all I do is watch someone else doing it. I think that they add to the story, and they certainly add entertainment. Again, usually you can choose to bypass this area. I know that you can with the Haunted Mansion queue, but why would you want to? This is a fun experience.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

We have become so sad as a society that every single second has to be filled with Activity. Those empty moments are what brought families together - you would actually talk, interact and give guidance / input.

I'm no stodgy guy - in fact I'm an early adoptor of technology but I'd much rather the queue tell the story and your imagination fill in the blanks.

That said - I hope whatever they are doing is well done. Here's hoping.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I think the interactive queue's are actually pretty fun. I'm not going on vacation to get a bunch of stuff done, I'm going to relax. If adding interactive features to lines are going to make waiting in long lines more relaxing to me and more enjoyable then I'm okay with it. I love Winnie the Pooh's line and I love the Haunted Mansion's. The Soarin' game is extremely fun as well! I may be in the minority with that, but I sincerely enjoy this additions. Keeping the parks fresh is a lot of fun IMO.
    First Disney Trip 1994
    Shades of Green 1999
    All Star Movies 2001
    Shades of Green 2009
    Pop Century 2011
    Bay Lake Tower 2012
    All Star Movies 2012 (Engagement Trip)
    All Star Music 2013
    Pop Century 2014 (Wedding Trip!)
    & Many More to Come!

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone heard when this change will be taking place and if they will have to close the ride while doing the updating?
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

While I am generally very blase about interactive queues, I am excited about this one. I love the backstory of BTMRR, but you have to really dig through the Disney books to find it. I think getting more of a story to the audience on this ride will make the whole thing more enjoyable.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm kinda "eh" on the whole thing, mostly because I can't wrap my head around how a smart phone is going to work in a Queue area?

If and thats a big IF, I figure it out and it's easy (I have a short attention span with things) I might try it once, just to see what its like, but then probably never do it again. We mostly fast pass everything anyway, like Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, etc so I am not sure we will even see the queue.

And I agree John, though I do catch myself immersed in my cell alot. But it irks me when I am talking to somebody and the whole time they have their face buried in a phone. I feel like the woman in the commercial where her daughter is texting at the counter and the mother says "I just want to smash that thing" lol
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually excited about anything they put in the queues. Even if it's just something to draw your attention to it for a few seconds, it seems to make the line go faster. And anything is better than time spent pulling splinters out of your fingers you got from dragging them along the walls.
    Last edited by John; 09-29-2012 at 08:00 PM.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Finally back! Bout stinking time.

I'm actually excited about anything they put in the queues. Even if it's just something to draw your attention to it for a few seconds, it seems to make the line go faster. And anything is better than time spent pulling splinters out of your fingers you got from dragging them along the walls.
    were you gone?
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of something interesting to look at, that helps enhance the storyline of the ride, but don't need stuff to touch, break, or keep people from moving along. I think that is what I like most about some of the other queues mentioned (Toy Story, EE), lots to look at, but not much that slows people down. I love technology, but it's not always needed.

I also don't get why they didn't implement this in the months long rehab they just finished. Seems pretty silly.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Great. More junk for kids to be running around to play with, or adults jocking around.

What happened to just standing in line, either taking in the moment or the ambiance, or you know, just standing in line... I could go for some mist or fans.

Post Thanks / Like

I would trade all of these queue enhancement ideas for current attractions running properly (all effects on Splash Mountain going, Yeti operating properly, etc).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    We have become so sad as a society that every single second has to be filled with Activity. Those empty moments are what brought families together - you would actually talk, interact and give guidance / input.
    I'm with you on that, John. We've had some great family time just standing in line, moving forward slowly. It gives us time to talk about the previous attraction/how the trip is going/what everyone is feeling about the day, the vacation, life in general. It's a gift to have that time to connect and decompress between enjoying an attraction and running on to the next thing. Not that I want to just stand in line all day, but yes, some of our best family moments have been just standing in line. So it's a little sad to have to have something to do all the time, every minute. I do prefer atmospheric enhancements, something to look at and talk about, over actual in-line activities. But it's not at the point where every line is interactive. Yet. So, I'm okay with it maybe, depending on what they do.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    I would trade all of these queue enhancement ideas for current attractions running properly (all effects on Splash Mountain going, Yeti operating properly, etc).

But I suppose that's too much to hope for.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Some of you who follow me on twitter may have seen this already, but I think the only queues on property that REALLY need some interactivity and sprucing up are the BUS QUEUES!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I'm with you on that, John. We've had some great family time just standing in line, moving forward slowly. It gives us time to talk about the previous attraction/how the trip is going/what everyone is feeling about the day, the vacation, life in general. It's a gift to have that time to connect and decompress between enjoying an attraction and running on to the next thing. Not that I want to just stand in line all day, but yes, some of our best family moments have been just standing in line. So it's a little sad to have to have something to do all the time, every minute. I do prefer atmospheric enhancements, something to look at and talk about, over actual in-line activities. But it's not at the point where every line is interactive. Yet. So, I'm okay with it maybe, depending on what they do.
    I get what you are saying for DD and me it is the car ride to DL. The 6 hours it takes to get there is some of the best bonding time we have. Even when not going to a park our best conversations are in the car. We listen to each others music and I find out about BFs and such. This is where we tell each other every thing. Even more then we do at home. So for me the car ride is a big deal. So don't change what you do. Enjoy the wait talk, share.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh Mrs Bus Driver, my DH and I have said that for years! We have the best talks on a long drive, keeps us so much more connected when we have a long car trip. Nice to hear we are not the only ones who feel that way!

Now, as for the interactive queues, I prefer to reserve judgement until I've experienced it. Sometimes I just hate waiting and sometimes I enjoy all that is going on around me, just depends on my mood I guess. I'll wait and see how it goes but if it means learning something new about the back story or history of the ride, I think I will enjoy it, especially the first couple of times.
    șoș figgie șoș - Now living our dreams in sunny Florida close to the mouse!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: