Quantcast Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5k

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5k

Hi everyone I have signed up for my first Disney race I will be running in Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5k. I'm very excited it seems like it's going to be fun. Upon looking at the infromation at the RunDisney website I saw that it is not listed where spectators watch the race,that being said if anyone knows where it is that would be helpful .Thank you.
    4/1985,10/1997,6/2000,7/2002-off site 7/2003-AS Music
    7/2005,2/2006,8/2007-POR
    2/08-AS Movies
    7/08,2/09,8/09,3/10-Pop Century
    11/10,8/11,8/12,11/12, 3/13,8/13 AS Sports
    Next trip???
    "It all started with a mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Where did you find this?I went to the Run Disney website and don't see this run listed. It sounds like fun and we'll be at WDW in Dec. I'm just getting back into running and this sounds like a good motivational tool.

Post Thanks / Like

What's crazy is that it's not in December, but in the first part of November as part of the Wine & Dine Weekend. Sorry, I know the seasons are stretched a bit at Disney, but I think this is kinda silly.

As for spectators, not sure what will be open. The only race my family has participated in at Animal Kingdom is the Everest Challenge, and then we had after party tickets and could see our runners in the park. That said, I do believe these 5K's all start and finish outside the park, and the Animal Kingdom parking lot is great for this, and there should be many spots to cheer on your runner.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Melanie. We won't be there until after Thanksgiving.... maybe next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    What's crazy is that it's not in December, but in the first part of November as part of the Wine & Dine Weekend. Sorry, I know the seasons are stretched a bit at Disney, but I think this is kinda silly.
    I could understand it if it was over Thanksgiving weekend, but the beginning of November is not part of the Christmas season (unless you step into any retailer during that time.) They should call it something else.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering why that was being held in November too, but the first MVMCP will probably be held the night before, so it's not completely out of the realm of possibility.

Christine's story in the last Podcast has made me want to start running again. While I've done a half and a 20K, right now I think that Mickey's 5K would be a good place for me to start right now.

I just have two weeks to decide if I'll give it a go or not. We'll be there during Jersey week, but leave the day on which the races will be held. But we just need to be at the Auto Train by 2 p.m. and the race is at 7 a.m. So now I'm thinking if I can also squeeze in MVMCP the night before too.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: