Quantcast This is Halloween, this is Halloween!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default This is Halloween, this is Halloween!

Now that I've stuck that song in your heads (I've been humming the entire Hallowishes soundtrack all day!)let me share some of the Halloween merchandise I saw today! (Will add pics when I get to my desktop)
    Lots of haunted mansion inspired themes - Madame Leota lollipops, hitchhiking ghost trio of Lollipops, a cool battery operated lantern, set of tombstones including "here lies Fred" (sold out), trick or treat bags, fun candies (a coffin full of gummy worms).

I much prefer this year's design. Last year mickey looked like a deranged werewolf and Minnie looked like a witch from Fredrick's of Hollywood. This year is much better.
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks good what you tweeted, Christine. I agree, last years designs were just a bit too spooky and creepy for our sweet old pals. I can't wait to see everything in October!

Post Thanks / Like

That's funny...when I read the title before opening the thread, the first thing I thought to myself was "Oh no....that song is going to be stuck in my head now.". I love Halloween decorations and am looking forward to see what is new this year! Still undecided about going to the party, though, as we've done it three years in a row and that itself probably hasn't changed too much.
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, this years items look so much better. I so wanted to buy a tee and the count down calendar last week but kept saying "walk away, just walk away".
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see pics!! I love Disney themed Halloween merchandise!!!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some displays of Merchandise from the BVG shop in the Contemporary, and the Emporium in Magic Kingdom.

I walked out with a few treats today! Got the adorable lantern, a 2012 Trick or Treat bag, coffee mug, and a light up Mickey pumpkin necklace. I respect the Disney Law! Buy it when you see it because you may not be able to find it later! Happened to me last year...I searched high and low for ONE item I should've bought when I had the chance.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting! Some of those items look sooo cute!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I have to join in and change the soundtrack
    Happy Halloween to YOU and BOO and BOO and BOO! Happy Halloween.... just love it
    Hurry up October!!
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Christine, thank you for posting the pics... LOVE them!! We are SO going to miss fall at Disney this year, am definitely going to have to find some of these treasures online and get a "mini fix". Love the lantern!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much for the pictures.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny that you’re posted this. I just started receiving my stuff in the mail. I ordered the Halloween Lantern, Which I’m going to return. It doesn’t sit well on the stand (stand is too big kind of clumsy glass). Also I ordered the shirt to wear on Halloween in the park, but I’m also returning that as well it runs supper small to me. I am a large and I ordered XXL just to have room and it’s still snug (I hate things tight on me). I guess it would be better if it were cotton. Polyester doesn’t have much of a give to it. If you do order it you will love it, it is really pretty. I just wish it had a little more give... I’m still waiting on the Countdown Calendar. I hope it’s as nice as it looks. I am not a picky person, but this time I had a few things to pick at. I’m really bummed about the shirt. I really wanted to wear it in the park at the MNSSHP, oh well

OK I just had an idea on the Shirt. I'm going to try and stretch it. and see if it will flow better.. Fingers crossed ( I really don't want to return it )

Also, what are the Mickey ghost things in the middle of the picture?? are they glass figures or do they do something?
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I totally wish they would make a statue of the Headless Horseman... That is my favorite part of the parade when the Headless Horseman rides tonight........

Be there Oct. 28 again this year... cant wait.
    Brer_Fox

Disney Trips
    1988-2000 - 3 Trips Off Property

Oct 2005 - Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon)
    Oct/Nov2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    Oct/Nov2008 - Wilderness Lodge/ Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Oct/Nov 2012 - Beach Club Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Great display! I'm so excited to see it all soon. Thanks!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I so wanted to buy a tee and the count down calendar last week but kept saying "walk away, just walk away".
    I'm the same way I just "walk away", but then regret it later because I go back and the item is gone. not this time I bought early and they have an extra 25% of online right now..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie04 View Post
    It's funny that you’re posted this. I just started receiving my stuff in the mail. I ordered the Halloween Lantern, Which I’m going to return. It doesn’t sit well on the stand (stand is too big kind of clumsy glass). Also I ordered the shirt to wear on Halloween in the park, but I’m also returning that as well it runs supper small to me. I am a large and I ordered XXL just to have room and it’s still snug (I hate things tight on me). I guess it would be better if it were cotton. Polyester doesn’t have much of a give to it. If you do order it you will love it, it is really pretty. I just wish it had a little more give... I’m still waiting on the Countdown Calendar. I hope it’s as nice as it looks. I am not a picky person, but this time I had a few things to pick at. I’m really bummed about the shirt. I really wanted to wear it in the park at the MNSSHP, oh well

OK I just had an idea on the Shirt. I'm going to try and stretch it. and see if it will flow better.. Fingers crossed ( I really don't want to return it )

Also, what are the Mickey ghost things in the middle of the picture?? are they glass figures or do they do something?

I would love to hear your reveiws of the countdown calendar. I wanted to get the door sign until I clicked on it and realized its more of a door knob sign. my next wish item is the countdown calendar, I am debating ordering it now or waiting until or trip mid-Oct (I would get to see it in personif it is still available but then I wouldn't get too much use out of it this year )

Please keep us posted.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1113 View Post
    I would love to hear your reveiws of the countdown calendar. I wanted to get the door sign until I clicked on it and realized its more of a door knob sign. my next wish item is the countdown calendar, I am debating ordering it now or waiting until or trip mid-Oct (I would get to see it in personif it is still available but then I wouldn't get too much use out of it this year )

Please keep us posted.
    I will let you know as soon as I get it. It said it would be here by the end of the day today

Post Thanks / Like

We have these items in our shop (got 5 more of the tomb stones on Sunday as well, but they are probably gone by now). I bought the tombstones, the green bag, the popcorn can, the coffin, the place mat, the candleabra and the countdown calendar. It is like a little house with MN & MM out front and the blocks are orange with black ink/writing on them. I don't know if it give you an extra block like our Victorian Christmas countdown calendar does, as the one I used for display on Sunday when I was stocking was already out (and one of the 3 flying bats had been pulled off). I counted 67 days to Halloween but the blocks wouldn't let me say that - again I haven't opened mine yet so I don't know if a third block comes with it.
    1974-1983 WDW day trips*92 WDW *94 Contemporary*97 WDW*97 Poly*98 DL PAC*99 DL DLH*2000 POFQ & CR*01 WDW*02 DLR DLH*02 WDW*03 POR*03 WDW 06 DVC Member*06 DLR*07 VBR*07 OKW*07 VWL*08 GCH*09 BLT*09 AKV*10 OKW*10 DLP-DH*11 BLT*11 AKL*12 BWV*14 Aulani*15 VGC*17 VGC*SDL TSH*17 TDR DAH*18 BC

Post Thanks / Like

Doombuggy, I have a few questions for you. What is the Mickey Ghost in the picture above? is it glass or plastic? Does it do anything? Are they going to sell Halloween items in the local Disney stores??

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Kenny1113, I got the countdown calendar last night. It is smaller then I thought , but I love it. great detail

P.S.only two blocks came with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie04 View Post
    Doombuggy, I have a few questions for you. What is the Mickey Ghost in the picture above? is it glass or plastic? Does it do anything? Are they going to sell Halloween items in the local Disney stores??

thanks
    the ghost Mickey is the same one from last year. It's a lantern/flashlight type of thing. the light shines out of the bottom and will show a pattern on the pavement. I think I saw a demo of this on the Disney Parks Blog recently.

These items are theme park and as such will most likely not be sold in TDS, as they are a different division of TWDC. Their online store has been partnering with WDP&R to sell theme park merch but that is probably for a few reasons (not to confuse the guest, not to have a totally seperate site). In the 8 years I spent at TDS we never sold park stuff, but I have been at the park for 8 years, so things may have changed (but I doubt it).
    1974-1983 WDW day trips*92 WDW *94 Contemporary*97 WDW*97 Poly*98 DL PAC*99 DL DLH*2000 POFQ & CR*01 WDW*02 DLR DLH*02 WDW*03 POR*03 WDW 06 DVC Member*06 DLR*07 VBR*07 OKW*07 VWL*08 GCH*09 BLT*09 AKV*10 OKW*10 DLP-DH*11 BLT*11 AKL*12 BWV*14 Aulani*15 VGC*17 VGC*SDL TSH*17 TDR DAH*18 BC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: