Quantcast Episode 37 - The Ballad of the Yeti - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Septbride2002 View Post

Another great episode as usual! You guys need a commentator that is a foodie so we can get into more detail regarding resturants and the food and wine festival...

~Amanda
    this would be great if possible! Maybe a podcast guest?
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneykidsince1970 View Post
    this would be great if possible! Maybe a podcast guest?
    My seventeen year old daughter offered to do that. She's a burgeoning chef and could talk for hours about the complexities of the food offerings. Literally. Hours. After every offering last year she gave us a tutorial on the flavors. I could only respond with "mmmmm" or "Me no like. That sauce taste yucky."
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

I think this ride opened soon after I moved to Europe and had babies,....I never had the opp to ride it when it was working! ...and havent found time to ride while it has been down either, What is the "A" option/side that people refer to?
    There are two instances when you see a yeti in the ride. The first is when you stop for a second and see an animation of a silhouette of a yeti ripping up the track. That works.

Later there is, or was, a large animatronic yeti that used to loom above you as you passed under it with its teeth bared swinging one of its arms at you. Strobe lights, chaos, screaming. Then it was strobe lights, chaos and a yeti that looked like it was stuffed by Chuck Testa (interet meme...look up "Nope Chuck Testa"). Now I think they just turned off the lights and pretend like it never existed at all. It was literally less than two seconds of an effect but some of us thought it was awesome.

Or we're remembering it as being better than it was because we're easily duped.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, yes! Some things do live in our memories better than they really were...that's ok with me!

Gary- we lived in stl for a few y- lving in 2004. We lived in Des Peres and reall enjoyed it...even tho we weren't natives and when people asked us what high school we went to, we had to say..., " ugh....in Florida.". My sister even graduated from SLU and my hubby did his MBA at Wash U.

Some of our closest friend still live there.
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, yes! Some things do live in our memories better than they really were...that's ok with me!

Gary- we lived in stl for a few y- lving in 2004. We lived in Des Peres and reall enjoyed it...even tho we weren't natives and when people asked us what high school we went to, we had to say..., " ugh....in Florida.". My sister even graduated from SLU and my hubby did his MBA at Wash U.

Some of our closest friend still live there.
    I guess it's just how we define our neighborhood. High schools give you an idea of where you are. Plus, since the area is so heavily Catholic, it can often narrow down to parish as well. Was the Des Peres rec center open when you guys lived there? It's pretty incredible.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to say my favorite signs at Disney world arent really disney signs. ai always get excited when I see the "Disney World Next 2 Exits" signs on I-4. As a kid, driving three to four times a year to Orlando from Pennsylvania was long and nothing felt better than seeing these signs along I-4.
    My favorite actual Disney sign would have to be the illuminated "Main Street electrical Parade" sign on the float during the parade. So glad to name this parade back home again
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: