Quantcast Water parks with 4 and 2 year olds

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Water parks with 4 and 2 year olds

We are leaving in 2 weeks for disney and wanted to know what the most fun things to do at blizzard beach were, our daughters, Mia(4), and Analee(2) will be going for the first time and we want everything to be fun and joyful for them, We are staying at the carribean beach the first 2 nights, but we are taking a free day on the 3rd day of vacation and will be switching to the contemporary.. so we are very excited but worried about the water park day..

our questions are,

1. Are they allowed in the lazy river??
    2. Will they get really bored in the kids section??
    3. Are they allowed to go in the shallow part of wave pool??

and we are leaving at around 3:30 for dinner at Boma at 5pm. and will not get there till an hour after opening probrably
    thanks guys
    1997- poly
    1998- all star
    1999- contemporary
    2000- poly
    2001- grand floridian
    2003- wilderness lodge
    2005- animal kingdom lodge
    2006- pop century
    2008- contemporary
    2010- beach club
    2011-carribean beach
    2011- port orleans river side
    2012- will be carribean beach + contemporary

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I'm not sure I'd bother with a water park for kids the ages of your two. They do have a kiddie section for the little ones. They will be allowed into the lazy river but, of course, you'll need to watch them closely there.

I'm not sure I'd let them in the wave pool at all. The area is very busy with lots of folks coming in and out. When the wave machine is running, there is quite a strong outgoing current when the wave goes back. Additionally, when the wave machine is running, lots of folks are riding it as far as they can - and/or running away from it! I could see that it would be very easy for toddlers to be accidently knocked over or trampled by those using the pool and/or knocked over just by the current.

I'd probably stick with the resort pool until they're a bit older.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Sorry but I have to disagree with the previous post. I will be returning in a few days with my own little ones who are 2 and 4. They are so looking forward to the waterpark day. We have been taking the girls since they were babies and we go the waterpark each time. I have to admit my girls like Typhoon Lagoon better than Blizzard Beach but I am sure either is fine.

The splash and play area at TL is great. The kids love it. We do take them in the wave pool for short stints, especially to get a photo pass photo. We leave the pool at TL before any waves because they are really too choppy for little ones.

The small slide area is great and you can practically follow them all the way down the winding slide. The lazy river is a favourite for both my kids. The tubes to ride (or donuts as they call them) have a filled in center for little kids.

You can get life jackets at guest services and don't forget to bring your pails and shovels because some vacation time playing in the sand is a must.

We choose to rent a cabana because we like the peaceful space and the opportunity for shade when spending the whole day but if you don't want the expense then just remember swim hats, swim shoes, lots of sunscreen and possibly the rash guard shirts for swim suits instead of traditional bathing suits.

I am a former lifeguard and my DH is a good swimmer so we enjoy spending time at the water and it is definitely something the kids are learning to love as well. We take them to many waterparks during various vacations and as long as you take your cues from the kids about what they are ready for and not ready for, you are all sure to have a great time.
    Always let your conscience be your guide.
    -Pinocchio

2014 - AoA
    2013 - AKV Kidani
    2012 - AoA
    2011 - ASM
    2010 - BLT
    2009 - OKW
    2008 - ASM
    2007 - Pop
    1986 - FW
    1985 - FW
    1984 - FW

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, I don't know. We took our boys to Blizzard Beach at ages 4 and 5 and I think that might have still been a bit too young. Maybe they were in the "in between" stage that made it difficult, but the kiddie area was super boring and I HATED how we would lose sight of them really easily. We left the kiddie area after a couple minutes. The bigger slides were maybe a bit *too* thrilling for my 4 year old; after one ride down a tube slide, he was done and just wanted to swim in the bobbing waves pool. My older one was a bit more daring and DH and him went off and rode a couple more slides.

My kids have always been excellent swimmers and love water parks now, but at the ages of 2 and 4 I would not have spent the money to go to a water park. I think you will find that the pool area at CBR is really great for little ones. The biggest problem with the water parks at that age is that the ADULTS have to pay full price, but you really won't get to do very much. There are minimum height requirements for the larger slides. The lazy river can be fun, but little kids will have a hard time staying in the inner tubes if you can't get hold of a kid sized one with a solid bottom.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I also have to disagree I think if your kids are excited it is woth it to see them having a good time.. at that age it is really more about them having fun then you, of course you still need to have fun, I see little kids that look 2 to 4 that are having more fun then teens and adults,

Have fun
    Brittany

I Love Disney

been 23 times 24th is coming soon!!:)

Post Thanks / Like

For the little ones, I think Typhoon Lagoon is betterr. Yes, just my opinion, but with my grandsons, Blizzard Beach was too dangerous. They allow tubes in the wave pool and even some older kids were just over run by them. At TL my little guys loved the small slide on the side of the big wave pool and wandering around the edges as the waves came in. If you go, I'd take them to TL...They also loved watching the sharks in their "cave" under the shark pool!
    șoș figgie șoș - Now living our dreams in sunny Florida close to the mouse!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: