Quantcast Do you pick a TS for its atmosphere and not the food... - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

More than not we go for the atmosphere. If we really find that we do not like the food though, we would not go there a second time.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be everything at the MK. The food isn't great, good maybe, but the ambience at the Royal Table, LTT, Crystal Palace is really nice. The ambience makes it worth it.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much to everyone who replied. I felt a little bit more normal... haha!

I'm ready to book a second vacation now just to eat at some of these other places you all listed!
    Laura
    VMK: CL_MissAstroCat

Jan 1982-1992-OS • July 1993 - DL Paris • June 1995-ASM • Mar 1998-OS • Jan 2001-OS • Dec 2005- POFQ • Jan 2007- POFQ & Dolphin • Mar 2008- CB • Aug 2008 - Poly • Nov 2012 - POR • Nov 2014 - CSR&AKL • Mar 2015 - POFQ & HilBV • May 2015 - ASSp • Mar 2016 - CB & HilBV

Post Thanks / Like

its not always easy to find a place w good food and atmosphere. some places have both.
    atmosphere is San Angel def. food has been ok to soso.
    Tokyo Dining has good food, service and a good view.
    Artist Pt has good food. And WL is a great resort to look around
    CA Grill has a great view. food is good
    Rose & Crown and Raglan Rd are both decent for t pub atmospere type, although RR might have and edge on food.
    I say try the places in WS, you get some of both atmosphere and diff food.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Over the years my family and I have eaten at pretty much every place there is to eat on Disney property believe it or not, it is really hard to find a bad one. I know it will sound crazy but one of the best memories and what I felt was great atmosphere was when my boys were small eating Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches, chips and drinks we bought on Tom Sawyer Island, and eating them near a fort on the island. I’m not sure if they even still offer this food it has been 15 years. Not a 5 star dining exp. but it was really neat.

First trip 1986 ...
    Not enough since then!

Post Thanks / Like

90% of the time we go for the food but there are times when we pick a place to dine based on atmosphere - that would be true for us with Rose and Crown (love watching Illuminations while eatting) and SciFi for sure.

PS - Tell your DH that they have great Mac and Cheese at Garden Grill as well. It is on the kids menu. My DH loves it
    Jennifer

9/2012 - AoA - happliy heading back
    10/2010 POP - more free dining :)
    9/2009 Pop - DH loves free dining
    9/2008 Pop - free dining
    9/2007 Pop-longest trip 9days free dining
    9/2006 Pop free dining
    12/2005 ASMovies first Holiday trip
    10/2004 POR
    9/2003 FWcabin 1st on property

Post Thanks / Like

Form follows function! Food first.

'76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

Very good thread. Food vs. atmosphere. Really got me thinking.

Food has to come first. Service is also a huge criteria. And well, since it's Disney, atmosphere is important.

In the MK, one can't beat Cindy's for a setting. LTT has a nice theme. Alas, food in both places is just okay.

I agree that both the R&C and San Angel have great atmospheres. While we've had good meals at both, most recently the food has been just okay.

The GF has some great choices. Both Citrico's and Narcoossee's enjoy a wonderful atmosphere (give the edge to Narcoossee's here), a stellar menu, and exceptional service. V&A's would win the argument hands down, but that's for another thread.

We've enjoyed the Flying Fish (my personal fave) and Cali Grill, but the atmosphere at both is more hustle and bustle (read: loud).

Contrary to many reviews, we've had nothing but great experiences at the Coral Reef. And that atmosphere can't be beat.

So I guess it suffices to say that atmosphere & theming, while important, are not the primary choices for us.

Oh, and how about ESPN? For the sports lover, it can't be beat. But for food, well... Not so great.

The atmosphere at most Disney dining establishments is great. But the food at some locales runs circles around others. We go for the food!
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I think all of the TS restaurants at Disney tray to have some kind of special atmosphere, after all it is a land of "theme" parks. Some have more/better "atmosphere than others.

But in general, for me, food quality always comes first. Some of the best meals I've ever had have been at restaurants that some would call a shack, a dump, a quonset hut or back alley dive. Little to no atmosphere, unless you call the lack of any kind of theming or decoration atmosphere in itself. But the food was to die for. I visit these places over and over again. Most often, they are fairly cheap, too; especially compared to restaurants that focus on atmosphere. But there are not really any places like this at WDW. Maybe somewhere in Orlando. Usually they are well hidden and frequented by mostly locals.

Second comes quality service. Although I will put up with a long wait if the food is really worth it. But no matter how great the service is, it can't make up for poor food quality. Fortunately most places that have excellent service know how to prepare really good food.

Atmosphere comes third for me personally, although it is certainly a bonus to the dining experience when you have some really cool theming along with great food and service. There are several places at WDW where this comes through. For us, we have really enjoyed California Grill, Teppan Edo, and O'hana as places where we have like all three aspects.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

OK this is just my opinion on sci fi.. it was really bad the steak was gross, and any that touched the fries ruined them, and it had brocoli:/ but there are other things to choose

bad day for my family... we had done the princess tea that afternoon at the grandfloridian and didnt like food there either, not good..

our favorites are..

Rose and Crown we love outside tables
    coral reef
    tonys
    50s prime time
    crystal palace for Breakfats
    chef mickeys for breakfast
    1900 park fair
    boma
    and
    ohana

and food comes before atmosphere