Quantcast Some rumors for your enjoyment

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Some rumors for your enjoyment

A few Disney fan site feeds have sprouted out a few rumors on Twitter and their site.. Wanna chew on some juicy info? Remember, these are only rumors, not confirmed by Disney in any way, shape or form..

1. Wishes run will end in 2015/2016 with a new fireworks show starting in 2016... Working title: Dreams Come Alive

2. Festival of Fantasy will be performed twice daily...

3. The reason for the twice daily Fesival of Fantasy Parade is because MSEP will be taken offline for a major refurbishment/rebuild of the parade units...

4. Because of the height of the new floats in Festival of Fantasy, come the holiday season, the garland which drapes across Main Street will have to be removed or reconfigured, which could lead to the possibility that there will be no garland decorations at all...

5. Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade will end its run in October... Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade will only be shown during the weekends of the holiday season... This continues the entertainment cuts in DAK.. Eeyore was removed as a meet and greet character already (not a rumor, this has happened or will be happening very soon)...

6. The reason for the end of MJJ parade? Well, remember Countdown to Fun parade in DHS was ended? The funds were allocated to Festival of Fantasy... Well, rumor is, the same will be happening here... Mickeys Jammin Jungle parade ends and the funds allocated to Festival of Fantasy...

Feel free to discuss
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be a very sad day for me if they end Wishes! It is my all-time favorite! Just can't imagine a trip to Disney without Wishes.

I will also be unhappy with no garland draped above Main Street because of parade floats. That stinks. Kinda like the Epcot Christmas lights that never got replaced. You would think a company such as Disney would figure out a way to keep these holiday elements the guests love so much. Sigh, not that I am surprised tho!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

The MSEP, is there a rumored date as to it's retirement??
    Sarah K.
    85-87 Campground - 89 CAbins
    91 The Tree House Villas - 2001 Nov. Lake Buena Vista Best W.
    2002 Movies - 2002 Sports
    2003 Music - 2004 Cabins
    2006 DW Movies
    2013 DisneyLand- Embassy Suites S
    2014 Disneyland-Anaheim Plaza
    2015 Disneyworld Sports
    2017 DL?

Post Thanks / Like

While I like Wishes, it is a decade old now... although, Fantasy in the Sky ran for 3 decades, right? Still, I wouldn't be adverse to a new fireworks show. "Dreams Come Alive" isn't very original though... isn't the Disneyland show called "Dreams Come True?"

As for Festival of Fantasy, I would NOT be happy without a night time parade at MK! And I really would not be happy with no Christmas garland! It seems as if each year the Christmas offerings get reduced more and more. The garland is a huge part of the theme!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the jammin jungle parade I would be very sad if it went.
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

It is about time they get rid of Wishes. I am so sick of that grating song with those children singing. The show itself is rather underwhelming by today's standards. I hope they do something more similar to what Disneyland did for the 50th anniversary...make the fireworks about the parks, and not so much the old movies. I loved hearing theme park/ride sound clips and then having accompanying fireworks. That was SO cool.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    It is about time they get rid of Wishes. I am so sick of that grating song with those children singing. The show itself is rather underwhelming by today's standards. I hope they do something more similar to what Disneyland did for the 50th anniversary...make the fireworks about the parks, and not so much the old movies. I loved hearing theme park/ride sound clips and then having accompanying fireworks. That was SO cool.
    Agreed! I'm glad for a Wishes replacement.

Now, where are those Illuminations replacement rumors?

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting note: When my DD20 was in training for her role as a character attendant, the CM trainer gave some interesting history on Wishes. The kids singing are actually "Make A Wish" kids...one of the kids had a wish to be involved in a Disney "show". She was recorded to be part of "Wishes", but passed away before getting to see the final show. My DD & I tried to investigate to confirm/deny whether or not this was true, but haven't been able to find anything on the true origin of Wishes. I realize it could be an urban legend, however the trainer that related the story had been at MK long before Wishes started and everything else she told the CP's checked out. Whether or not it's true, I always count my blessings whenever I watch Wishes. There are a lot of "Make A Wish" kids and families out there, and I feel very fortunate to have a healthy & happy family. Wishes just reminds me of what's really important in life.

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tygger7 View Post
    Interesting note: When my DD20 was in training for her role as a character attendant, the CM trainer gave some interesting history on Wishes. The kids singing are actually "Make A Wish" kids...one of the kids had a wish to be involved in a Disney "show". She was recorded to be part of "Wishes", but passed away before getting to see the final show. My DD & I tried to investigate to confirm/deny whether or not this was true, but haven't been able to find anything on the true origin of Wishes. I realize it could be an urban legend, however the trainer that related the story had been at MK long before Wishes started and everything else she told the CP's checked out. Whether or not it's true, I always count my blessings whenever I watch Wishes. There are a lot of "Make A Wish" kids and families out there, and I feel very fortunate to have a healthy & happy family. Wishes just reminds me of what's really important in life.
    This is an urban legend. The "little girl" who sings the Wishes song is a child soloist named Charity Farris. Her name appears on the inside CD cover of the Wishes soundtrack. She is alive and well.

This rumor has been going around for YEARS now and it's not true, thankfully. I don't understand why someone would start this kind of rumor. I think it's in very poor taste.

Regardless, the sentiment of the show is indeed very moving. I just find the singing annoying, that's all.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

The Jammin' Jungle Parade is one of my favorites but I never seem to last that long in AK to see it. I'm done in that park well before 4 p.m. Still, it makes me sad to think it will be gone.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

Good riddance to MJJ parade...made the park a nightmare to get around in when that was rolling through.

I loved Wishes when it first debuted, but now I'm kind of bored with it. Still enjoy it, but if something new came along, I would welcome it.
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofster View Post
    Good riddance to MJJ parade...made the park a nightmare to get around in when that was rolling through.
    I totally agree! We have been trapped TWICE by that parade, at really bad times. That park doesn't seem like it's set up for a parade. They shouldn't have one there, IMO.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Agreed! I'm glad for a Wishes replacement.

Now, where are those Illuminations replacement rumors?
    Sky Dance was a rumored replacement for Illuminations a few years ago...

I like Illuminations... Not because of the fireworks, lasers, or globe, but because of the music... The music, to me, is EPIC... I can sit here and listen to Illuminations (including the 30 minute long pre-show loop) all day...

I wouldn't mind a replacement as long as the music is as awesome as it is now... if they used music like Wishes, I'd have a fit...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I like Illuminations... Not because of the fireworks, lasers, or globe, but because of the music... The music, to me, is EPIC... I can sit here and listen to Illuminations (including the 30 minute long pre-show loop) all day...
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I like the music too. In fact, I listen to it often. No, the music isn't the issue I have with Illuminations.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the music too. In fact, I listen to it often. No, the music isn't the issue I have with Illuminations.
    Hey! Have you ever been sitting by the Tiki Torches on a 100+ evening when they light up during Illuminations? Ugh
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofster View Post

I loved Wishes when it first debuted, but now I'm kind of bored with it. Still enjoy it, but if something new came along, I would welcome it.
    I totally agree! We have been trapped TWICE by that parade, at really bad times. That park doesn't seem like it's set up for a parade. They shouldn't have one there, IMO.
    Seriously this.

I've seen so many guests exasperated by that parade because they can't get by, so they walk a huge detour to find out... NOPE, can't get by here either. In fact, you can't get by anywhere! Sorry! GG no RE!
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

I've only seen MJJ once, and I am glad it happened to be running when we stopped by that afternoon. It was the tail end of our only trip to WDW during December. Had it been weekend only, we would never have seen it. As such, I am sorry they've decided to deprive people of the experience who might only be there during a weekday.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not - and neither was EPCOT when Tapestry of Nations/Dreams rolled out. But, I'm not sure how you were "trapped" by the parade. Most, if not all (with the exception of the Tree) of DAK's attractions are on the outside of the parade loop...
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Then what do you hate about Illuminations? The music is 99% of the show.. Without the music, you just have fireworks, lasers, and a giant globe...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: