Quantcast Epcot Chic's Ranily Trip Report Day 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Epcot Chic's Ranily Trip Report Day 5

June 9th

For our anniversary DH and I decided to do the Undiscovered Future World Tour. I did this tour back in maybe 02 or 03 and a lot has changed so I was up for repeating it. We did the Keys to Kingdom tour back in 08 and DH really enjoyed so he was up for this one.
    We had to be at guest services by 8:45am. We dropped DD with DM and headed to the TTC. We arrived at Epcot by 8:40. It was busy already since it was EMH. We got to Guest Services right in time and checked in. A few minutes later our “Story Teller” Jim came out to tell us it was only us and one other guy so think of things we would like to see and if he can work his magic he would. Are other tour member showed up and we began.

We went outside to introduce ourselves and talk a little about the history of Epcot and Spaceship earth. Jim had a piece of what Spaceship earth is made of and we got to touch it and he gave us some crazy facts of SE. For example there are over 60 intrusion mats throughout the ride. So if a guest steps out of the ride it will shut the ride down. Intrusion maps are in all attractions because you name it someone has tried to get out of it.

Our other tour member knew so much of general history of Disney it was impressive. So he answered a lot of the questions the tour guide asked. We went back to guest services building to discuss pictures there then went in the backstage area where Jim showed us how the log in and out each day and etc.. We cut through Innoventions and went to the fountain and walked up on the stage the faces world showcase, great photo opportunity. We discussed the 25th Anniversary there. At that time I asked about any plans for the 30th and he said they were not informed at this time. We continued on passing Fountainview and told us that is were Starbucks is coming. We cut through the building where the Character Spot is and he kept saying a lot of BIG changes is happening and we will start seeing them in the fall. He of course could not elaborate but continued throughout the tour to discuss the exciting new changes.

We continued to the VIP lounge at the Seas. So beautiful!!!! With a good chunk of change you can rent it for weddings or special events. We headed to The Land were we got a 15 min break. Food is not included in this tour but since we were a small group Jim said if we wanted a drink or snack it was on him. DH and I just grabbed drinks. Talked a little to the other tour attendee and next thing I knew our break was over.

Jim came back to tell us what we were going to do next. He took out a golf ball with a Mickey on it and talked about how on Soarin the golf ball that is shot at us (BTW which is hit by Michael Eisner) has a hidden mickey. We are going to pick out of line a family a four bring them backstage with us and bring them on the ride with us. We are also going to bring extra Disney Magic when the golf ball gets hit we are all going to act like we are going to catch it and one of us will magically have the golf ball in our hand ( I volunteered to do that). We found a family who were beyond the moon that they did not have to wait the 80min wait. We rode the ride I caught the golf ball and really brought Disney magic to this family from Ohio. It was their first time to WDW and it really was an amazing feeling.

We then looked at where they clean ALL the 3-d glasses in WDW. Walked over to the Universe of Energy when backstage and got to play with retired dinosaurs from the show. Went to the VIP room in Mission Space. Walked pass Test Track and were treated to see them working on the new cars for the attraction. Went to the cast member backstage area where we saw their shop, cafeteria area, lockers and got to walk around the coustume area, it was NUTS!!!! We got to see them working on the window costumes for Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy that will be seen in the MK during Halloween. Saw the wig room and saw some young ladies getting their makeup ready, we think they were princesses but they did not have a princess attitude I do not think they were happy to see us.

We then went backstage to where they set up Illuminations every night. The tour ended in China. If we wanted and if they had room we could have ate at the China pavilion for a discounted but we did not take him up on it. We also had VIP seating for Illuminations that time in Italy, we did not take him up on that either because we had a later dinner planned and it ended up raining anyways. It rained a little during the tour but he provided us with ponchos.

At this time it was a little after one and we were starving. I went to the new wine bar, which was very empty and got a couple of cheeses and Belleni (I love cheese so I can just have that for lunch and be OK with it). DH went to Mexico CS. We met up and left Epcot.

Got back to the Poly picked up DD and all 3 of us took a nap. Got up took a shower we had a 7:20 PS at 1900 Park Fare. We got to the GF a little earlier looked at shops took some pictures. GF is great for a backdrop. Checked in and got seated immediately. The characters came to our table pretty quickly too. DD was not a fan of the Prince, step mom or step sisters (its like she knew they were evil) but LOVED Cinderella. I was actually pretty impressed with the food there. So was the rest of the family. I have not heard always good reviews but I would go again. When we were done it was pouring so we hung out in the lobby of the GF as DD treated us to a show and danced. It did not look like the rain was going to stop so we stopped at the CR did some looking around and headed back to the Poly. Since it rained all night we just hung out in the room and called it an early night. At this point I was getting so sick of the rain!!!

BTW…. Does anyone know and e-mail or address I can send a thank you to our tour guide. He was extremely nice and I just wanted to thank him for treating us like superstars. I know his name so if I need to send it to a generic e-mail and they can forward it to him that is fine as well. Thanks!
    If you can dream it you can do it!!!

01,02,03,04,05 x3 (plus Disneyland),06,08,10,11,12

Been there done that going back!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry the date should be June 8th not 9th

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to do that tour one day! How wonderful to make such a magical moment for the family from Ohio too! Great fun.

So sorry about the rain. You guys seem to be carrying on through it though!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

What a great tour! I might have to book that some time.

You can contact Disney here to provide kudos or complaints:

[email protected]
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Yay - thanks for the info on that tour - we are doing it this fall!! Sounds like a fun one
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

The tour sounds amazing

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

That tour sounds incredible-
    May I ask what the time was that it ran from-

8:40 Am until 2pm? something like that?

Also what is the youngest age they allow ?

thanks
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful tour - sounds WAY worth the money, and you sure got to see some fascinating things.

Although your dinner was good, it can't fix the glut of bad weather. I believe we had the same type of trip the summer of 2009 or 2010 - we were SO sick of our rain ponchos by the end of our vacation, DH and I gladly dumped the over-worn things in the garbage at the airport!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a wonderful tour. One of these days I hope to talk our group into going. Thanks for the description.
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mackflava99 View Post
    That tour sounds incredible-
    May I ask what the time was that it ran from-

8:40 Am until 2pm? something like that?

Also what is the youngest age they allow ?

thanks
    The tour went to around 1 pm. I'm sorry but I don't know the min. age I would assume it's the same as Keys of The Kingdom because you go backstage.

Post Thanks / Like

Great detailed report of the tour....I am thinking we might try it soon!
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

the tour sounds wonderful! we have yet to try any of them... one day...
    3/88 & 3/91 off site
    3/02 ASMov
    10/03 ASSp
    5/04 adults only!(POP)
    11/04 ASMov
    1/06 CBR
    3/07 5th anniv.(POP)
    2/08 ASMov
    10/10 5k-solo trip!(ASMov)
    2/2011 princess half(POR)
    10/2012 MNSSHP(AoA)
    10/2014 ToT 10-miler(CBR)
    11/2017 family trip(POP)

FUTURE TRIPS
    1/2019 ASMusic

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the trip report.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The tour sounds like it was great! And ugh sorry about all this rain your experiencing there
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: