Quantcast Epcotchic's Rainy Trip Report Day 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Post Epcotchic's Rainy Trip Report Day 4

June 7th

I woke up first to see the sun. I told DH he can sleep a little longer but I want to take advantage of the sun because according to the weather radar something big is coming. I went to get a cup of Kona coffee. I was hooked. Got back to the room DD was up. We all got dressed and headed to the MK. I had a plan, hit as much as Fantasyland we can for DD. We got to the MK around 945 and the waits did not seem horrible yet. I took DD on Winnie the Pooh while DH got fastpass for Peter Pan. After Pooh we met up with DH and walked on It’s a Small World, then Mickey’s Philharmagic. DD kept the 3D glasses o I’m sorry opera glasses the whole time and really seemed to enjoy it. Then DH took DD on the carousel while I walked around a store…..I think it’s called Tink Treasures. While exiting they asked if they can speak to me about my shopping experience. They asked if a cast member greeted or talked to me, which they didn’t and shocked me because the store was empty. They also asked about the prices and I did speak about how expensive personally I felt the princess gowns are $65 + tax. They are beautiful but I can’t justify paying that knowing my daughter will only be able to wear it 6-9 months because she is growing.
    Met up with DD and DH and walked over to Peter Pan for our FP return time. At this time it was 11:45 and DD was getting tired and hungry. We walked to Liberty Square when DH got a Turkey Leg, our first time trying one of those, and I have to admit it was not that bad. I went and picked up water, fruit and a pickle for DD and I to share. Afterwards we walked to POC wait was 15 min so we went in line. Everything was going good until we got to one of the last scene when our boat stopped. Now I have been on POC many times when the boat stops but we were stuck sitting there for about 20 min.
    We decided it was time to leave after this. DD was super tired and fell asleep on DH shoulder right when we exited Adventureland and entered Main Street. We bypassed the shops so we can get on the monorail as quickly as possible. Once we got on the monorail the sun disappeared and light rain began.
    Once back at the Poly I met DM for a drink by the pool. The rain was light still so we sat under an umbrella and had a Mai Tai, they are the best there! Afterwards we walked around the hotel grounds looking at all the different buildings.
    Went back to the room to shower we had a very early PS for Le Cellier 4:30. When I got out of the shower I looked out the window and saw buckets and buckets of water coming down. DD was still asleep. We started discussing is it worth it to go to Epcot. If we did not show they would charge my CC 10 a person. We went to see if any restaurants in any of the monorail hotels have an opening and none did to 9:30pm I guess a lot of people had the same idea as us. So we opted to head to Epcot. Since we wasted time trying to figure out what to do we took a cab to Epcot. DH has no bags or anything so starts walking……….fast to Le Cellier. We only got there 5 min. late. I ordered the martini flite (raspberry, glow and chocolate) all 3 extremely yummy cheddar cheese soup and the filet. Most of us got the filet.
    Once we exited Le Cellier the rain looked and sounded like a waterfall. We put our ponchos on and we to the kidcot center to let DD color for a while. I pull out my trusty weather radar and this is a big storm not ending soon. Once it slowed down we start to exit the park. Once back in the hotel it was still early, dinner was at 4:30 so we decided to get a drink and sit in the lobby, and so must have every guest. It was packed upstairs near the bar downstairs near the shop. Finally found us a seat in the mix of people waiting for the 8pm luau. We heard the 5pm went on without the show and they refunded 50% to guests who attended. It looked like the 8pm was going to be the same.
    It was getting too loud and busy so DH, DD and I went back to the room and just hung out for the rest of the night. The rain never stopped the whole night major bummer.
    If you can dream it you can do it!!!

01,02,03,04,05 x3 (plus Disneyland),06,08,10,11,12

Been there done that going back!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That does sound like a very heavy rainfall - good you got your park rides in early in the day before all that rain started!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Great Fantasyland Tour!! You got lots done!

Tons of rain, but good for you still going out and getting on with things!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about all the rain but it sounds like you got just enough done for DD!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like you're getting a lot done even with the rain

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about the rain- besides that its a nice day,.
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Sure glad you got an early start and enjoyed Fantasyland the way you did. I can't tell you how many times we've had to leave for an ADR when it's absolutely pouring out - no fun at all. Glad the dinner was worth the trip. We need to wring all of this rain out of the clouds so that you can have a great day!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Holy cow! Good thing you got an early start. I always hate to lose time on vacation to the rain but sometimes it's nice to relax and not be able to run around too much. I figure the rain is giving me a chance to conserve energy for the next day.
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

even with the rain... sounds like you had a pretty full day. i love le cellier! i always have the soup and filet. yummy!
    3/88 & 3/91 off site
    3/02 ASMov
    10/03 ASSp
    5/04 adults only!(POP)
    11/04 ASMov
    1/06 CBR
    3/07 5th anniv.(POP)
    2/08 ASMov
    10/10 5k-solo trip!(ASMov)
    2/2011 princess half(POR)
    10/2012 MNSSHP(AoA)
    10/2014 ToT 10-miler(CBR)
    11/2017 family trip(POP)

FUTURE TRIPS
    1/2019 ASMusic

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the trip report.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you guys made the best of the day despite all the rain
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: