Quantcast Club level

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Club level

Post Thanks / Like

Default Club level

Ok I think I will never go back from Concerige level. Once u taste it u gotta have more. It is def the best way go to.
    Well worth it. We are in BC. What others do u guys like and recommend.

One quick question are we supposed to tip or how do we tip?
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We LOVE the Royal Palm Club in the Grand Floridian Main Building. You definitely get spoiled! Of course, you pay for it, but we love it.
    '74 Contemporary
    '76 Contemporary

'90 CBR
    '97 Off Site
    '00 Swan
    '05 GF
    '08 GF RPC
    '09 GF RPC-Short SURPRISE trip for kids
    '11 GF RPC

'12 Contemporary
    '14 GF RPC
    '15 DL VGC
    '16 VGF

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you! That's just how we do Disney now, period.

We have done Wilderness Lodge (a LONG time ago), Boardwalk Inn, and Grand Californian and Paradise Pier (both at Disneyland Resort) Club Levels.

My favorite out of those was Grand Californian, followed by Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge, and then Boardwalk (just because I didn't love the resort itself so much).

I have heard amazing things about the Royal Palm Club at the GF, but it's just over the top expensive and I HATE the decor at the GF, so I will probabaly never stay there.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

We ahve stayed club level twice at AKL...very nice..no complaints whats so ever. Once at BWI..the club lounge was nice and close to the room. It does spoil a gal. We are booked at YC for Oct, club level. We booked on a bounce back offer and all that was aval. was a standard view...kind of worried about that..anyone have thoughts on what the standard views are for the club level rooms at YC..
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Default newbie?

From someone who has never stayed club level - what does it include to make it worth it?
    "Don't bustle me. Don't now-then me."
    --Eeyore

Post Thanks / Like

yes i have never stayed CL either but did get what seems to b a good quote for CL at WL..even cheaper than 2 nites at Cont gardenview non club...and i love WL
    so you can either eat at the lounge or take the food out to room. what about taking a few things to have like a picnic by the pool. what about..can u grab a few to take to room or what.
    foodwise..i understand its snacks, apps..but she doesnt eat much anyway. so that would do and maybe have one meal or so at a sitdown
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    yes i have never stayed CL either but did get what seems to b a good quote for CL at WL..even cheaper than 2 nites at Cont gardenview non club...and i love WL
    so you can either eat at the lounge or take the food out to room. what about taking a few things to have like a picnic by the pool. what about..can u grab a few to take to room or what.
    foodwise..i understand its snacks, apps..but she doesnt eat much anyway. so that would do and maybe have one meal or so at a sitdown
    The food in the lounge is typically not meant to be taken "to go". Certainly, taking food back to your room is fine, but they use real plates, real glasses, and real silverware. Walking food all the way out to the pool would be a hassle, then you'd have to bring the dirty dishes back up to the lounge when you are done. It's not really worth the trouble, plus the food is mostly finger foods anyway, so you'd not be able to make a picnic out of it or anything. The WL club level is unique in that there isn't only one room to sit (lounge). Instead, there are tables/chairs set up in the hallway overlooking the lobby on the 7th floor, so there's plenty of space for everyone.

As far as drinks are concerned, you have to ask for alcohol and they will get you a beer, glass of wine, etc. They will allow you to take a full bottle of wine back to your room if you wish. They will only give you 2 beers per person, though, at a time. You can most definitely take these back to your room and store them in your room fridge for enjoying later. Just remember to bring along a bottle opener!
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

thats fine w the food. i was more wondering about the beer wine anyway and if i would have to chug it there. do they limit how many a day.
    and yes, there have been trips i forgot an opener. so i ended up buying a mickey one in the giftshop.
    thanks
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    thats fine w the food. i was more wondering about the beer wine anyway and if i would have to chug it there. do they limit how many a day.
    and yes, there have been trips i forgot an opener. so i ended up buying a mickey one in the giftshop.
    thanks
    No limit on the drinks, as far as I know. I'm sure it's a judgment call, though, if you seem intoxicated.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

wooo.
    ok i just booked WL CL for 3 nites May 29
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    <snip>

As far as drinks are concerned, you have to ask for alcohol and they will get you a beer, glass of wine, etc. <snip>

Last weekend, the WL actually had their alcohol out on the counter and you just poured what you wanted/needed, along with several brands of beer in the frig that you could take. They put this out at 8pm when they put out the cobbler of the night and brownies, etc.

They even had the makings to make a mudslide, I just could never get mine to taste like the $9.00 ones from downstairs
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

to me, the is more important than the food
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

Plenty of adult beverages at the Poly concierge. Nice wine, beer and cordials available to drink in the lounge or take back to the room. My husband and I had a nice evening on the beach one night...our girls wathced a movie on the inflatable screen and we made a few trips to the lounge to refill our cocktail glasses Def worth the extra cost to us. Most nights we were able to make a meal from the app offerings. So much food!!

In the afternoons we found that the lounge was often unattended, so we had to knock on the kithcen door to get the attention of the staff to help us procure a beer or glass of wine. They were always happy to oblige us.

The only downfall is that we are now hard pressed to stay anywhere but CL!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, after 8pm, there are always cordials out for you to pour as desired. They "technically" offer the Beer/Wine for the taking only during the evening 'cocktail' hour from 5-7pm. However, you can ask for beer/wine at ANY time and they will get it for you. DH even asked for one at breakfast once, so he would have it in the room ready when we came back for our midday break.
    Natalie

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: