Hi Everyone....DH and I will be taking a getaway trip while sweet, special DS is away at camp for kids with autism. We are thinking about touring the lighthouses on the Outer Banks on the Harley. I have never been to the Outer Banks except for Kill Devil Hills one afternoon a million years ago so I am clueless how to plan for this. These are the parameters we are working with and I need help with planning the timing of where/when we stay so I can go ahead and make reservations ahead of time. Don't think I want to go off the cuff for a trip like this.
- We are leaving on Monday morning and must return Thursday nite or early Friday morning.
- We live in the center of the state.
- I would like to spend 2 nites in one place so I can 'relax' a little and not be on the back of a bike the entire trip.
- I want to experience some of the real uniqueness of the Outer Banks
- I think I want to go from middle of state up to Currituck and end at Harkers Island then head back to central NC.
- I can't break the bank.
So, anyone with any experience on a trip like this? In the little bit of looking I have done at accommodations, many places seem to want to book a week at a time and that won't work for us obviously.
I appreciate any advice and knowledge anyone could share with me.