Quantcast Best way to get to Vero Beach?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best way to get to Vero Beach?

We are going to Vero Beach for the first time at the end of the month and I can't wait! We'll only be there for a couple days and then on to WDW, but I'm excited to try a new DVC resort and see what all VB has to offer!

Can anyone tell me the best way to get to VB from Orlando International Airport? I've looked up maps online, and it looks like there are a number of different ways we could go. Which one is the best/easiest/fastest? (I will say that my sister will be driving and I will be navigating, and both of us have a tendency to get lost wherever we go! )

Also, are there tolls on the way and how many/how much? We want to make sure we have enough change with us!

Thanks for any help you can offer, and I'd gladly take any general tips/advice for enjoying VB!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Sorry for the delay in answering; we just got back from WDW!

The easiest way (translated as "least likely to get lost") is via the route shown on Mapquest if you enter "MCO" as the starting point, and "Wabasso, FL" as the ending point. That search will show you several options; choose the one that shows "I-95 S to CR-510". Once you reach Wabasso (intersection of US1 and CR510) continue east on CR 510 across the bridge over the Indian River to A1A and turn right. The resort is right there at the intersection of A1A and 510.

This route will take you on one toll road, SR528 (The Beachline Expressway); the toll between MCO and I-95 will be about $2.50; it may be slightly more. Tolls are changing in the near future, and there's a new toll plaza about halfway between MCO and I-95. Best bet is to have about $5 handy.

Enjoy! VB is our most favorite DVC resort.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much,this will help a lot! I can't wait to get to VB and check it out! I think it will be a great way to start off our vacation. Thanks again!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: