Quantcast BCV room request?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default BCV room request?

This will be our first stay at BCV. Is there room/area I should request or just let it go to chance?
    Thank you

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We'll be staying there for the first time in November so I don't have any advice. I do have a map with room numbers and types, I'm sending you the link.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't yet had any spectacular views from BCV. There are some rooms that give a pretty good view of the Epcot fireworks. You should be able to figure out room numbers from the map you recieved from VWL Mom.

One thing I will say is that if you don't require a handicapped accessible room, you might want to request that you not be given one. This is especially true for a Studio. The larger bathroom borrows space from the main room. In addition, we have found the the roll-in shower design results in a rather wet floor in the remainder of the bathroom.
    WDW Visitor since 1973, DVC member since 2000

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the map VWL Mom. Also, thanks for the suggestion about the accessible room. When we stayed at BWV my parents ended up with an accessible room (a studio). They were not happy for the reasons you gave and asked to be moved which thank goodness another room was available.
    I should mention we will be staying in a 2 bdrm.

Post Thanks / Like

we love bcv and stay there at least once each year in early december. like mentioned above, i've never really had a spectacular view. usually we look out at the trees between bcv and world showcase. illuminations looks nice, but not much else. i'm also a fan of boardwalk and usually get a great view there. however...even the views cannot top stormalong bay at beach/yacht!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your reply. It will be our first time staying at BCV. I have been reading reviews of the resort and some are not very good. Some people make it sound like it is falling apart. I think it is safe to assume that you would not stay there every Dec if it was a disaster. I am looking forward to Stormalong Bay and the location

Post Thanks / Like

falling apart?!? oh my...not even close to the truth. the place is beautiful. you'll enjoy stormalong bay (my only complaint is the slide, hopefully they changed that out or fixed it, i often get scrapes on my back), the sand bottom, the giant whirlpool area, the games for kids, the swimming on the far side, the sandcastles kids can build, etc. i love going out on the beach in the evening for s'mores before the movie plays on the blow up screen too.

beach club is in wonderful shape! the views from the villas are just "okay" as they look out over the woods between bcv and world showcase. but you can watch the fireworks from illuminations from your deck and it is extremely peaceful back there.

i love being able to walk to the boardwalk as well. my kids love to sit and watch the jugglers/magic show street performers. the entire area rocks.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: