Quantcast Disney Driving Expereince!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Driving Expereince!

Anybody done it?

We are 4, 40-somehtings with some racing experience among us.

We would love to go cut loose with an Ferrari 458 Italia but if this is a "Disnified" experience (speed caped at 80 or some such nonsencse) then feh.

Seeking help from gearheads!

'76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well my Dad had done the NASCAR expirience many years ago and thought it was Great...until-
    He heard how it was for DH (his Xmas gift) through another company at another track. He was so enthused about it we bought for my dad for his birthday. He Loved it!!!! He thought it was waaayyyy better than the one at WDW (too limiting, don't get to go as fast).

So if you don't have another one near you, do it for that one in a lifetime expirience.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We gave the "8 lap experience" to my daughters boyfriend last Dec for his birthday. He drove the race car, (the exotic sports cars were not an option at the time) and absolutely loved it. His speeds were fast, can't remember the exact mph, but it was somewhere between 125-130mph. He wants to do it again in Oct and will most likely do the sports cars. Can't comment on how fast they will allow you to go, but, I would think you'd be allowed to go faster that 80mph.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

They do allow you to travel faster than 80 mph but they do have a "cap" which is somewhere in the 120 something range. When going through the laps, you're not allowed to get too close to, or pass, your "pace" car.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    They do allow you to travel faster than 80 mph but they do have a "cap" which is somewhere in the 120 something range. When going through the laps, you're not allowed to get too close to, or pass, your "pace" car.
    Yes! These were the differences that my dad had expressed. With the other company both my dad and DH top speed (in NASCAR) were high 150s.( I believe the same company formula cars are faster than that. ) With the other company they were allowed to pass other cars. And there was no pace car, rather just a governor and a guide in your headset telling you what to do.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

That’s what I was afraid of. We have a couple of semi pro racers and we were looking to "compete" on times. On the other hand it might make it fair for the two of us that are only amateur lunatics.

1st place is scot free
    2nd place buys a round of drinks
    3rd place buys the wine

Loser pays for dinner at Shula's!

Who says Dinsey is only for kids.....

'76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

semi-pro racer here.

The nascar experience is pretty tame, usually not getting above 100, more around 80-90. The exotic car experience is will get you closer to 100 but not much more above it. They designed the track to give you some g's in the corners, a few fast esses, and one sweeping turn. The 0-60 specs of the cars makes it fun, but it's more about getting a rhythm and making good time than speed on these sort of things. Hope this helps!
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mdricks View Post
    That’s what I was afraid of. We have a couple of semi pro racers and we were looking to "compete" on times. On the other hand it might make it fair for the two of us that are only amateur lunatics.

1st place is scot free
    2nd place buys a round of drinks
    3rd place buys the wine

Loser pays for dinner at Shula's!

Who says Dinsey is only for kids.....

FYI
    My dad is a racer DH had never driven a race care before. DH beat my dad. Only by 0.4 seconds, but till beat him nonetheless

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    That's too bad, I've gone faster on the highway a few times. Guess there's not much need to spend the cash, yet again...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: