Quantcast Episode 32 - Goofy Can't Be Trusted

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Post Episode 32 - Goofy Can't Be Trusted

The INTERCOT Insider Live Episode 32 - Goofy Can’t Be Trusted The Cast: Mel, Carol, Ian, Gary & John

- Robocalls interrupt the show opening

- John’s trip on the Disney Fantasy - details from the preview cruise. Picture gathering innovations, Animators Palatte and*how it has changed, The plussing of the cruise experience, *Muppet Detective Agency, Teen time on the ships, Technical issues*interrupt the show, Food on the ship.

- Avengerail appears and the argument begins

- Why does it take so long to build anything now?

- Best of Resort Theming & Review of last weeks show. Ian goes first and chooses Animal Kingdom. Carol shocks no one and*chooses the Polynesian. Gary enjoys Boardwalk. Melanie picks Coronado Springs. John goes last and enjoys Port Orleans French *Quarter.

- Cars Land

- Art of Animation Resort

- Mel tells us about the triple Yeti blast

- Easter Egg vinylmation

- Brave characters coming to the park

- Adventures by Disney to Asia

- Glen Keane retires

- Amazon Prime purchase of the podcast - The new Flying Colors CD. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0076NAWWA/intercotcom

>> Listen, Download, Love, Share...
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

So happy! I'm about to download and will try to resist listening until Thursday. Podcast on the flight to WDW ...
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

FYI: Joss Whedon. That's all I have to say.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

YAYYYYYY!!!! At work and excited to have something new to listen to! Still working on relistening to the older podcasts.

And based on the show notes it looks like you used my Best Of suggestion! Yay!

Thank you John. Hope you are feeling better! Thank you Mod's for all the hard work you guys do to get us our podcasts
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    Thank you John. Hope you are feeling better! Thank you Mod's for all the hard work you guys do to get us our podcasts
    John deserves 100% of the credit. The show being as good as it is comes directly out of his desire for quality and to be different from all the other podcasts. We show up for recording, but John does all the heavy lifting and puts in all the time.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you John!!!
    Looking forward to some quiet time so I can listen to it.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    John deserves 100% of the credit. The show being as good as it is comes directly out of his desire for quality and to be different from all the other podcasts. We show up for recording, but John does all the heavy lifting and puts in all the time.
    Well then, thank you John for all your hard work. You guys are a great group together though, I always laugh hysterically as I listen. People at work think I'm a little though!

So after listening I want to say thank you for the shout out and glad I could be of some assistance with the Best Of's. Still weeding through the older Podcasts one by one to listen in complete form and jot down any fav's that were talked about but not listed in the show notes.

It was hysterical when John was talking about getting Mel the Disney Cruise bag (Jealous btw) and looking for the print to be just right! DBF thinks I am crazy but I always do that when I am picking out my bag! It has to be aligned just right!

Mel, you can use my real name anytime! I'm thinking I might as well just pop it in my signature anyway as I see a lot of people that do that.

I still pin collect, I'm not a massive collectors or trader I just enjoy picking up my fav characters or resorts and my year pins I collect them as personal favs.

About the Animal Kingdom game Carol mentioned on FB, when is it coming out?

And last but not least, I go with Gary that Boardwalk is my favorite themed resort. I love the entire atmosphere, rooms, locations, its by far my fav!
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Another Star Trek/Star Wars/BSG/LOTR/Game of Thrones Loving Woman right here! Not to mention a huge Joss Whedon fan. I met him once in baggage claim at LAX. I will watch pretty much anything the man is associated with. Can't wait to see Avengers!

Girls/Woman can love Sci-Fi and Comic Books and still have lives!

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Septbride2002 View Post
    Another Star Trek/Star Wars/BSG/LOTR/Game of Thrones Loving Woman right here! Not to mention a huge Joss Whedon fan. I met him once in baggage claim at LAX. I will watch pretty much anything the man is associated with. Can't wait to see Avengers!

~Amanda
    It's true. Geek girls are not like unicorns.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

It's true. Geek girls are not like unicorns.
    And we're cute!

Post Thanks / Like

And we're cute!
    My wife is a geek and she's quite cute.

In fairness, to most people thinking geek girls don't exist, when I was in high school girls tended to hide their geekiness. If I had known as a teen that females such as my wife existed I might have exploded.

True story: We almost met five years prior to meeting at work at a Star Trek movie marathon. (No TNG movies at that point, so it was manageable.)
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, let's see - I'm female - know Joss Whedon, Star Trek: The Animated Series, and other Sci-Fi endeavors (watching SG:Atlantis on Netflix instant play as I type), I am also a Band Geek, and still get outdoors - I have the freckles to prove it. And I'm raising the perfect Girl Geek - She's devouring Terry Goodkind's Seeker series at the moment....all at only 17.

GIRL GEEKS - stand up and unite!
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

My wife is a geek and she's quite cute.

In fairness, to most people thinking geek girls don't exist, when I was in high school girls tended to hide their geekiness. If I had known as a teen that females such as my wife existed I might have exploded.

True story: We almost met five years prior to meeting at work at a Star Trek movie marathon. (No TNG movies at that point, so it was manageable.)
    I was pretty geeky in high school which might explain a few things. My dh has always said one of the things he liked about me (yes we dated in high school) was that I was the only girl he ever met that could quote Star Wars. And not just the general "May the Force Be With You." And I knew about Xmen comics.

I will admitt I was not a Star Trek fan until recently.

~Amanda
    aka a girl geek.

Post Thanks / Like

~Amanda
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely an outstanding show!

Now, I need to make an appeal that you don't ban me for being mentioned twice within one show...I don't want to meet the fate of the one who shall name nameless...

Great job! Keep up the good work.
    K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Default Suggestion?

Loved the last few podcasts... I listen while I work from home and usually end up listening to them a few times each - feels like I am just hangin with friends while I work!

and..when one of you mentioned that someone mentioned the Handwich being sold at the LaunchPad...that was me!!

I wondered if you take discussion requests?? or maybe direct me to where the discussion already exists...

What is the story of Intercot? Where did it come from? Maybe something for the 15th anniversary show?

and..thanks to ALL of you who are committed to enabling my inner Disney Geek....it sounds like JOHN gets the biggest shout-out!
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

Post Thanks / Like

Listened to the Podcast again for the 6th time...You are right Goofy can't be trusted!
    K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Checked in at Boardwalk yesterday for our first stay and...

we're right under the crest of the wave! Gary's right, perfect spot!
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again for another great Podcast. I hope that recording it is as much fun as listening to it.

I almost couldn't decide on my favorite resort theme - but I'll say the Poly. I've only actually ever stayed at three resorts (CR-incl. BLT, WL and Poly) and visited another three (GF, AKL, FW), so I don't have the excuse of too many to choose from. I was torn between AKL, WL, Poly and GF.

Anyway, what was that mysterious noise when Mel's call was dropped? You never mentioned what it was.

I felt bad for Gary because of how he sounded when he mentioned being in close proximity to bread pudding at the PO resorts. You knew that he can't partake of it. I actually make a really good Roasted Garlic and Goat Cheese bread (savory) pudding for Thanksgiving and Christmas. And Mel wasn't insulting New Orleans, just the creepy masks.

By the way, the Tamu Tamu Refreshments is across from the Tusker House and it's where people who have been turned away from the Tusker House go to eat. It's actually pretty good. I had a Tandoori Chicken Salad in November and it was tasty.

The Lottery - I think that the lottery gods are laughing at me. Back around Christmas, a winning Powerball ticket was purchased in my town, Elkton, MD, about 5-10 minutes from my house. Then about six weeks ago, a winning Powerball ticket was sold five minutes from where I used to live in NJ. That ticket was purchased in Little Silver, NJ.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Ah - the mysterious noise.

That was me having 2 computers up and running both with Skype. So, when she dropped, skype does an auto call back. Problem is even though my main computer picked it up, it kept ringing on my laptop (which I often use to look things up or sometimes for sound effects during the show).

Definately strange.

Anyway, sometimes we like to keep stuff like this in the show to give you a "look behind the scenes".

I could have easily edited all that out in a few seconds for a "technically perfect podcast", but sometimes the reactions to problems are classic and humor filled - so in most cases, I let things be. Unless Ian curses - which is quite often.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: